CSNbbs
ND-Navy will not be in Dublin...nor at all in 2020 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin...nor at all in 2020 (/thread-900379.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

ND-Navy will not be in Dublin...nor at all in 2020 - slhNavy91 - 06-02-2020 07:30 AM

A while back on Finebaum, Gladchuk said 1 June was the decision point.
Could be in NMCMS (first ever) on Labor Day weekend.
ECU - the week zero spotlight is now yours!

https://navysports.com/news/2020/6/2/2020-navy-notre-dame-football-game-will-not-be-played-in-ireland.aspx

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - CoastalJuan - 06-02-2020 07:33 AM

(06-02-2020 07:30 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  A while back on Finebaum, Gladchuk said 1 June was the decision point.

https://navysports.com/news/2020/6/2/2020-navy-notre-dame-football-game-will-not-be-played-in-ireland.aspx

That stinks. Not holding my breath on our game. I feel like all Week 0 games are in the cross hairs now.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - slhNavy91 - 06-02-2020 10:17 AM

I was posting this in reply to the related thread over on the realignment board, and realized that the AAC faithful deserved the knowledge more than that crowd....

USNA class of 2020 was rolled back through the Academy in five smaller groups to move out of Bancroft Hall, and to conduct five ceremonies, one of which got the Blue Angels flyover. Official commissioning date was Friday 22 May.
Plans are in place to induct the class of 2024 at the end of this month - smaller groups in-processing over several days, no family or spectators, and 14-day isolation before Plebe Summer training really begins.

Even with everything else up in the air, barring disaster, there will be over 25% of the Brigade on the Yard by Labor Day.

I'll provide updates on ticketing. Being a donor and season ticket holder got me my Dublin tickets. I hope that having that marker down gets me to the head of the line, especially if NMCMS will be at reduced capacity.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - GoOwls111 - 06-02-2020 10:47 AM

Should try to play the game in "Jerry World" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Stadium, even if you can only have 50% of capacity that is still an substantial crowd.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - GoDownSwinging - 06-02-2020 11:05 AM

Hopefully, this game would be on ESPN or CBS (not CBSSN). A Notre Dame/Navy game in Annapolis will definitely be a game I would love to attend. Don't think it'll get college gameday, but I hope they get a big primetime type game.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - slhNavy91 - 06-02-2020 11:11 AM

ESPN or ABC, per the release.

Gameday was coming to Dublin, but there is competition Labor Day weekend - including one in Jerry's World, already, GoOwls.
Primetime adds a little challenge to Navy Gameday pageantry, even on Saturday or Sunday.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - Nameless - 06-02-2020 11:37 AM

I'm torn on this. Sucks the game won't be played in Dublin, but awesome it will be played in Annapolis lol. Wasn't expecting to be around for the fall, but will be now and had a DC trip get canceled back in March, so I may try to make it down for the game depending on the price of tickets. Never been to the stadium and that would be a great game to go see

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - WhalerFan - 06-02-2020 12:00 PM

(06-02-2020 11:37 AM)Nameless Wrote:  I'm torn on this. Sucks the game won't be played in Dublin, but awesome it will be played in Annapolis lol. Wasn't expecting to be around for the fall, but will be now and had a DC trip get canceled back in March, so I may try to make it down for the game depending on the price of tickets. Never been to the stadium and that would be a great game to go see

I"ve been to the stadium and it's awesome. Very friendly people too.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - SMUleopold - 06-02-2020 12:22 PM

(06-02-2020 10:47 AM)GoOwls111 Wrote:  Should try to play the game in "Jerry World" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Stadium, even if you can only have 50% of capacity that is still an substantial crowd.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. Is it the same day as USC-Alabama? I can see them having two games at the stadium on the same day, and with the size of the place selling 1 ticket to both games.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - BigHouston - 06-02-2020 12:30 PM

I'm definitely watching this game but here thought all home games were covered by CBS.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - CoastalJuan - 06-02-2020 12:42 PM

aaaaaand two Marshall players just tested positive for COVID. It was fun while it lasted.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - slhNavy91 - 06-02-2020 12:56 PM

(06-02-2020 12:30 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  I'm definitely watching this game but here thought all home games were covered by CBS.

The "Navy tier" deal the AAC made with CBSSN held out one NMCMS game (cant be AF) and the ND@Navy games for the subsequent primary rights deal.

Those viewers alone mean Navy is bringing at least 1/12th and now 1/11th value share to the conference

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - CoastalJuan - 06-02-2020 12:58 PM

(06-02-2020 12:56 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  
(06-02-2020 12:30 PM)BigHouston Wrote:  I'm definitely watching this game but here thought all home games were covered by CBS.

The "Navy tier" deal the AAC made with CBSSN held out one NMCMS game (cant be AF) and the ND@Navy games for the subsequent primary rights deal.

Those viewers alone mean Navy is bringing at least 1/12th and now 1/11th value share to the conference

5 MORE YEARS! 5 MORE YEARS!

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - BigHouston - 06-02-2020 01:31 PM

(06-02-2020 12:56 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

Nice 04-cheers

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - STL_Wave - 06-03-2020 12:57 AM

Now that it's a true home game...anyone like Navy's chances to upset?

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - Foreverandever - 06-03-2020 12:02 PM

(06-03-2020 12:57 AM)STL_Wave Wrote:  Now that it's a true home game...anyone like Navy's chances to upset?

When was the last time it was a true pro Navy crowd?

I do like their chances, I liked them in Dublin too. Early games against Navy are tough, players have bad eye and position discipline early while knocking off rust. New defenders don't know what teammates like to do or there tendencies, all it takes is one player not being in the right place and the option can hurt you. Its true that they get extra time to prep for it, but option offense is all about discipline and execution, that's hard to replicate especially when players have been focused on fighting for their spots in a completely different offense. Meanwhile.some of those cadets have been running this offense at prep and three years of Navy. They can probably do it in their sleep, the pieces may change but where they will be and when they will be there remains the same which is why their isn't much fall off from year to year though where the yards come from or how they get them may change. Sometimes it's scary when they have a couple very talented players in crucial roles.

Navy probably busts a few big ones early, ND adjusts, but then it becomes the war of attrition that eats the clock. The pressure will build, the chants of "I believe" will shake the stadium.

I like Navy's chances to hold on in what I think is a highly probable scenario.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - TheBigEastSucks - 06-03-2020 12:10 PM

(06-02-2020 07:30 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  A while back on Finebaum, Gladchuk said 1 June was the decision point.

College game day to ECU come on down...

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - slhNavy91 - 06-03-2020 12:12 PM

(06-03-2020 12:02 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(06-03-2020 12:57 AM)STL_Wave Wrote:  Now that it's a true home game...anyone like Navy's chances to upset?

Jacksonville reportedly was.
I had hopes that San Diego could do the same, but apparently not.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - CoastalJuan - 06-03-2020 12:30 PM

(06-03-2020 12:02 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

If they didn't care at all about the money from ticket sales, they could fill the whole place with sailors. I would think that could swing your chances, at least a little.

RE: ND-Navy will not be in Dublin - coogrfan - 06-03-2020 01:17 PM

I don't know about that, but this is definitely very bad news for the knees of the ND d-line.

07-coffee3