CSNbbs
William Keating Sr. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: William Keating Sr. (/thread-899828.html)

William Keating Sr. - cpawstoney - 05-20-2020 10:22 PM

Department of Athletics mourns the loss of former swimmer William Keating Sr.

Quote:The namesake of the Keating Aquatic Center on UC's campus and a key figure from one of the greatest eras in UC swimming history passed away on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at the age of 93.

Keating was a veteran, Bearcats student-athlete (BBA 1950, JD 1950), recipient of the NCAA Silver Anniversary Medal, former Chairman of the Board of the UC Board of Trustees, a judge, city councilman, congressman, newspaper publisher and a longtime supporter of UC Athletics.

RE: William Keating Sr. - OKIcat - 05-21-2020 07:10 AM

(05-20-2020 10:22 PM)cpawstoney Wrote:  Department of Athletics mourns the loss of former swimmer William Keating Sr.

Quote:The namesake of the Keating Aquatic Center on UC's campus and a key figure from one of the greatest eras in UC swimming history passed away on Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at the age of 93.

Keating was a veteran, Bearcats student-athlete (BBA 1950, JD 1950), recipient of the NCAA Silver Anniversary Medal, former Chairman of the Board of the UC Board of Trustees, a judge, city councilman, congressman, newspaper publisher and a longtime supporter of UC Athletics.

An amazing life and a career of high achievement at every level. We've lost a great Bearcat and a great Cincinnatian. My condolences to the family.

RE: William Keating Sr. - Lush - 05-21-2020 11:23 AM

condolences? more like a round of applause

RE: William Keating Sr. - robertfoshizzle - 05-21-2020 05:01 PM

(05-21-2020 11:23 AM)Lush Wrote:  condolences? more like a round of applause

It's always sad when someone dies, but it stings a little less when someone lives a long, full life. In the past 15 years I've lost a lot of older family members, but all of them lived to be in their 80's or 90's and had fruitful lives, so while I mourned, I also celebrated.