CSNbbs
BREAKING: Per ESPN, FB/BB voluntary on-campus activities to resume June 1st - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Conference Talk (/forum-439.html)
+---- Thread: BREAKING: Per ESPN, FB/BB voluntary on-campus activities to resume June 1st (/thread-899813.html)

BREAKING: Per ESPN, FB/BB voluntary on-campus activities to resume June 1st - TTT - 05-20-2020 04:23 PM

"The NCAA Division I Council voted Wednesday to allow voluntary on-campus athletic activities to resume in football and men's and women's basketball, starting June 1, multiple sources confirmed to ESPN."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29201077/voluntary-campus-activities-resume-football-basketball-starting-june-1-sources-say

BREAKING: Per ESPN, FB/BB voluntary on-campus activities to resume June 1st - galojah - 05-20-2020 08:59 PM

Very interesting that they singled out those three sports, two of which are winter sports. Yet, other fall sports aren’t open to practice. Very clear where the priorities are. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: BREAKING: Per ESPN, FB/BB voluntary on-campus activities to resume June 1st - TTT - 05-21-2020 09:07 AM

(05-20-2020 08:59 PM)galojah Wrote:  Very interesting that they singled out those three sports, two of which are winter sports. Yet, other fall sports aren’t open to practice. Very clear where the priorities are. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's no secret that revenue sports dictates a lot around university politics. At many universities across the US, the revenue from football and basketball programs solely keep afloat many of the smaller athletic programs that would otherwise not be able to operate financially. Also, schools with more athletic success usually attract higher overall enrollment. Oddly enough, many kids these days will actually choose a school based on their athletic's success just as much (if not more) than what actual programs/degrees are being offered by said school.