CSNbbs
Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? (/thread-899481.html)

Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - ECUGrad07 - 05-13-2020 12:46 PM

Hey Memphis folks...

ECU just landed a graduate transfer (Arkansas) running back for the next 2 seasons.

He is a Memphis kid. What do you know about him?

[Image: Hayden_1503709708158_25486255_ver1.0.png...e=1280,720]

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - GoDownSwinging - 05-13-2020 12:57 PM

(05-13-2020 12:46 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  Hey Memphis folks...

ECU just landed a graduate transfer (Arkansas) running back for the next 2 seasons.

You're going to like this kid. He played well in his freshman year at Arkansas, unfortunately I did not hear much about him his sophomore year. His dad played running back at Tennessee and in the NFL. Multi-sport athlete in High School in which he won Mr. Football and I think he won Mr. Basketball. The numbers are great in high school. However, his competition was extremely soft. Basically, imagine J.K. Dobbins or Jonathan Taylor playing in the MAC. There's your comparison. I don't think he'll be the #1 running back in our conference, but you got a 1,000 yard rusher. You can also get an additional 500 yards receiving if you put him out as a receiver. If Houston can get the best out of Hayden, then you got a great player. I don't think Arkansas was the best fit for the kid out of high school, he was obviously in a bad environment. I've been fairly impressed with Mike Houston.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - ECUGrad07 - 05-13-2020 01:14 PM

(05-13-2020 12:57 PM)GoDownSwinging Wrote:  

You're going to like this kid. He played well in his freshman year at Arkansas, unfortunately I did not hear much about him his sophomore year. His dad played running back at Tennessee and in the NFL. Multi-sport athlete in High School in which he won Mr. Football and I think he won Mr. Basketball. The numbers are great in high school. However, his competition was extremely soft. Basically, imagine J.K. Dobbins or Jonathan Taylor playing in the MAC. There's your comparison. I don't think he'll be the #1 running back in our conference, but you got a 1,000 yard rusher. You can also get an additional 500 yards receiving if you put him out as a receiver. If Houston can get the best out of Hayden, then you got a great player. I don't think Arkansas was the best fit for the kid out of high school, he was obviously in a bad environment. I've been fairly impressed with Mike Houston.

That is great to hear! 04-cheers Thanks for the info.

Hayden is entering a fairly crowded running back room. If he is good enough to play in the SEC, I don't think he'll have a hard time cracking the depth chart!

Thanks for the kind words about Coach Houston. We think we're lucky to have him - and also realize that he's got his work cut out for him. He wasn't left with much of a roster whatsoever. I read somewhere that we will have 49 new players on the team this year.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - NDTiger - 05-13-2020 02:44 PM

(05-13-2020 01:14 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  

Hayden is entering a fairly crowded running back room. If he is good enough to play in the SEC, I don't think he'll have a hard time cracking the depth chart!

Thanks for the kind words about Coach Houston. We think we're lucky to have him - and also realize that he's got his work cut out for him. He wasn't left with much of a roster whatsoever. I read somewhere that we will have 49 new players on the team this year.

Feel your pain. We went through something similar post Larry Porter.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - DallasTiger - 05-13-2020 09:36 PM

I am all for having other strong football programs in the AAC. It just makes us all better in many ways. 1) It makes the conference stronger 2) It makes our wins more respectable when we beat a good team and that sword cuts both ways for both teams playing each other 3) AAC teams look better on TV when the cake walks are gone and there is an actually meaningful battle between two great teams. 4) Having more teams with winning records helps the pretige of the conference. So, more power to ECU.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - gusrob - 05-14-2020 08:39 AM

He has talent! I know him. I don't have much nice to say about him.

Good luck to ECU. Time to get that program back where it's capable of being.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - holyterror - 05-14-2020 09:21 AM

(05-13-2020 02:44 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  

We have seen recently that under-the-radar and not-even-on-the-radar players can make an enormous impact with good coaching. Best of luck to ECU unless, obviously, you're playing Memphis.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - Merrick - 05-14-2020 11:43 AM

(05-14-2020 09:21 AM)holyterror Wrote:  
(05-13-2020 02:44 PM)NDTiger Wrote:  

We have seen recently that under-the-radar and not-even-on-the-radar players can make an enormous impact with good coaching. Best of luck to ECU unless, obviously, you're playing Memphis.

04-cheers

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - Herff Tiger - 05-14-2020 04:36 PM

(05-13-2020 12:46 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  He is a Memphis kid. What do you know about him?

We know he'll kill it against us if y'all are back in rotation the next couple of years.

RE: Memphis Fans: Chase Hayden? - Tigerx3 - 05-14-2020 11:43 PM

Im not sold but it’s hard to judge. He had 120 of season total 326 yards against FAMU in a blow out. Not much in three years after that and certainly not much receiving.

Broke his leg as a sophomore and Concussion as a junior cost him games but not very productive before the injuries each year.

He was crowded out at pig u by 11 RB with four projected better than him according to one article. They recommended he try his luck at a mid-major.