CSNbbs
Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? (/thread-899141.html)

Pages: 1 2

Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - Ramblin Wreck - 05-06-2020 09:55 PM

So which will finish higher in the conference? Which has the greater likelihood of finishing the regular season ranked? Which one are you the most excited about?

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - bftb - 05-06-2020 10:05 PM

(05-06-2020 09:55 PM)Ramblin Wreck Wrote:  So which will finish higher in the conference? Which has the greater likelihood of finishing the regular season ranked? Which one are you the most excited about?

We are excited about basketball, just because there is a change--and things are finally looking up.

But I doubt anyone would say they expect more from basketball than football. With our schedule, there's no reason we don't win at least 10-11 games in the regular season, we should be among the top teams in the conference. And yes, if everything falls in place, we could be ranked.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - the_blazerman - 05-06-2020 10:20 PM

Football has the better chance of accomplishing something however I suspect there will be a huge drop off in attendance this coming season. But then again football has pretty much accomplished everything that it can within the last 2 years.

I wouldn't expect anything different in basketball this year compared to any other year except for maybe a thousand more fans who decided only to be ever faithful ever loyal when there is a coach coaching that they like.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - notnow - 05-06-2020 11:02 PM

Or maybe they won’t have to go begging for friends and family to attend as the new coach starts ramping up excitement and expectations.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - The Answer UAB - 05-06-2020 11:11 PM

If football is not competing for another conference championship at a minimum, it’s a disappointing season. I can’t say championship or bust bc there’s some luck and good breaks that have to go our way for that to happen. An undefeated season, conference championship, and top 25 ranking are all possible this year. Basketball will show improvement and be exciting, simply bc we have a competent coach with fire and a plan for the future. However, I don’t expect us to be drastically better in year one. I do believe AK’s record will be better in year one than blazerman’s fellatio fantasy man’s record in year four, but nothing drastic just yet.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - MAN4UAB - 05-07-2020 07:22 AM

I believe that football will have another good year with the potential to win both a conference championship and a top 25 ranking. I am excited for basketball. I think that AK will have the team running and gunning with an in your face defense.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - hooverblazer - 05-07-2020 08:42 AM

Excited for basketball because of the coaching change and AK's fire, but football is set up for a really good year. We should win no less than 9 games (with 10 or 11 more likely), win the west division for the 3rd straight year, and maybe win another conference title & bowl game.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - BlazeUpBlazers - 05-07-2020 08:44 AM

Football is already successful and expecting slightly better team this year, so overall they will have the most success. However, the amount of improvement in basketball from a skill, coaching, and fan excitement standpoint is off the charts. Bartow will be ROCKING n BLAZIN

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - blazers9911 - 05-07-2020 11:52 AM

It’s hard to see a path to a top 25 football ranking with our schedule. We would have to go down to Florida and absolutely smoke Miami for that to happen in my opinion.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - THE_LEGEND - 05-07-2020 11:55 AM

UAB fans should be worried to death about New Mexico St not Miami.

flashback::::: Coastal Carolina

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - The Answer UAB - 05-07-2020 12:37 PM

(05-07-2020 11:55 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  UAB fans should be worried to death about New Mexico St not Miami.

The game is at home....

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - jesseblazer - 05-07-2020 01:42 PM

I’m optimistic about football. I’m excited about basketball.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - THE_LEGEND - 05-07-2020 03:33 PM

(05-07-2020 12:37 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 11:55 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  UAB fans should be worried to death about New Mexico St not Miami.

The game is at home....

legion field ain't home. its a turd with a dead man's statue out front.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - Blazer Engineer - 05-07-2020 03:40 PM

Optimistic about football. We should have a great season. I am excited about BBall, and am considering getting season tickets for the first time ever. If I don't get tickets we will be attending some games.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - The Answer UAB - 05-07-2020 03:59 PM

(05-07-2020 03:33 PM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  
(05-07-2020 12:37 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  

The game is at home....

legion field ain't home. its a turd with a dead man's statue out front.

Where we haven't lost in several years...

Coastal was on the road.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - BlazinBham - 05-07-2020 04:36 PM

More optimistic about football. More excited about basketball.

Offense in football still gives me doubt.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - biglizard - 05-07-2020 06:33 PM

I can’t pick one. I’m excited for both. I feel like we’re gonna make some noise all year

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - C-Finder - 05-07-2020 06:44 PM

(05-07-2020 11:55 AM)THE_LEGEND Wrote:  UAB fans should be worried to death about New Mexico St ,South Alabama and Bama A&M not Miami.

flashback::::: Coastal Carolina, WKU

Fixed for accuracy 05-hide

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - BlazerFromMD - 05-07-2020 09:58 PM

(05-06-2020 11:11 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  If football is not competing for another conference championship at a minimum, it’s a disappointing season. I can’t say championship or bust bc there’s some luck and good breaks that have to go our way for that to happen. An undefeated season, conference championship, and top 25 ranking are all possible this year. Basketball will show improvement and be exciting, simply bc we have a competent coach with fire and a plan for the future. However, I don’t expect us to be drastically better in year one. I do believe AK’s record will be better in year one than blazerman’s fellatio fantasy man’s record in year four, but nothing drastic just yet.

I don't think Rob Ehsan deserved that. True, he was not the coach we hoped he was going to be, but he sure as hell didn't deserve the rude name-calling.

RE: Are Blazer fans more optimistic about football or basketball this season? - the_blazerman - 05-08-2020 10:22 AM

We have a lot of bad fans.