CSNbbs
Ever been to Pauley? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Ever been to Pauley? (/thread-897765.html)

Ever been to Pauley? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-10-2020 11:00 AM

Have any of you ever attended a game at Pauley Pavilion?

RE: Ever been to Pauley? - PTJR - 04-10-2020 03:37 PM

(04-10-2020 11:00 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Have any of you ever attended a game at Pauley Pavilion?

I missed probably one of the best chances I will have when I went to LA in December of 2011 to watch the Richmond Spiders play at UCLA. Unfortunately UCLA was remodeling Pauley Pavilion that year and they were playing all of their home games at the LA Sports Arena that is used by USC for home games. Maybe I’ll get another chance some day!

RE: Ever been to Pauley? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-10-2020 05:13 PM

I can think of several of the famous venues around the country that I would have loved to have attended. The Palestra is probably at the head of the list, but Pauley would definitely be in there somewhere.

RE: Ever been to Pauley? - PTJR - 04-10-2020 07:48 PM

(04-10-2020 05:13 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  I can think of several of the famous venues around the country that I would have loved to have attended. The Palestra is probably at the head of the list, but Pauley would definitely be in there somewhere.

You are right about the Palestra! Went there one time to see Harvard @ Penn. Great!

RE: Ever been to Pauley? - mjs - 04-16-2020 11:32 AM

I have seen games at Fog Allen and the Dean Dome, since my kids attended Kansas and UNC. While I'm not comparing the atmosphere or tradition, neither were nearly as nice or had nearly as comfortable as those at Stephens. Kansas is almost all bleachers and the Dean Dome has plastic chairback seats.

RE: Ever been to Pauley? - PTJR - 04-18-2020 04:47 PM

(04-16-2020 11:32 AM)mjs Wrote:  I have seen games at Fog Allen and the Dean Dome, since my kids attended Kansas and UNC. While I'm not comparing the atmosphere or tradition, neither were nearly as nice or had nearly as comfortable as those at Stephens. Kansas is almost all bleachers and the Dean Dome has plastic chairback seats.

I have been fortunate enough to have been to games at Phog Allen Fieldhouse three times, once with Little Rock in the 1991-92 season, and twice with Richmond in the 2003-04 and the 2012-13 season. The place just oozes tradition! The one with the Spiders in January 2004 might be the most memorable game of my life as the Spiders beat the Jayhawks on their home floor on a last second shot!

The Dean Dome is nice, but really its claim to fame (other than being the home court of one of the most successful programs in history) is its size.

Another arena that I am glad to have had an opportunity to go to is Cameron Indoor Stadium at Duke. I got to see Eastern Kentucky play Duke there in the 2007-08 season when Peter was on the Staff at EKU. I will never forget the wide eyed look on the EKU players when they had to inbound in front of the Duke student section, and all those arms with wiggling fingers were right next to their heads!