CSNbbs
Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? (/thread-897534.html)

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - rath v2.0 - 08-31-2020 07:27 AM

It’s one of the things holding up the second round of chedda.

Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Cataclysmo - 08-31-2020 07:46 AM

I like how we finally hear a good opinion from an ICU doctor and people completely ignore it to continue their seance of conspiracy theories.

Kinda explains a lot about this pandemic.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcats23 - 08-31-2020 07:57 AM

(08-31-2020 07:46 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  I like how we finally hear a good opinion from an ICU doctor and people completely ignore it to continue their seance of conspiracy theories.

And I like how you and Mark continue to call everything a "conspiracy theory" to help your argument sound better while completely ignoring the fact that this thing has been significantly politicized by the Democrats for their gain. Are you telling me that this isn't happening? It's just a conspiracy theory right?

We aren't saying this virus is fake, and we're not saying that all Democrats have some secret conspiracy going, we're simply saying that the Democratic party is pumping this thing as if it's going to kill us all in order to cause mass hysteria in order to make Trump look bad. But apparently we're just imagining this and we're just some loony conspiracy theorists.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bww - 08-31-2020 08:14 AM

(08-31-2020 07:46 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  I like how we finally hear a good opinion from an ICU doctor and people completely ignore it to continue their seance of conspiracy theories.

What he didn't say, is how many of these deaths in his unit were "pushed forward" a few weeks or months due to COVID. I'd venture a guess to day that number is probably in the 70% - 80% range.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - jarr - 08-31-2020 08:16 AM

(08-31-2020 07:57 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  

And I like how you and Mark continue to call everything a "conspiracy theory" to help your argument sound better while completely ignoring the fact that this thing has been significantly politicized by the Democrats for their gain. Are you telling me that this isn't happening? It's just a conspiracy theory right?

We aren't saying this virus is fake, and we're not saying that all Democrats have some secret conspiracy going, we're simply saying that the Democratic party is pumping this thing as if it's going to kill us all in order to cause mass hysteria in order to make Trump look bad. But apparently we're just imagining this and we're just some loony conspiracy theorists.

It might actually work for them if they weren't so blatant in their hypocrisy. They seriously underestimate the average Americans intelligence, and just assume we are all in on the bullsh*t they feed us.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcats23 - 08-31-2020 09:03 AM

(08-31-2020 08:16 AM)jarr Wrote:  
(08-31-2020 07:57 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  

It might actually work for them if they weren't so blatant in their hypocrisy. They seriously underestimate the average Americans intelligence, and just assume we are all in on the bullsh*t they feed us.

Definitely agree. This is why I have been trying to expose the hypocrisy to our COVID pumpers on the board. 20,000 - 80,000 flu deaths annually...year after year after year after year and we don't change a dang thing. Yet we shut it down, cancel everything, mandate face diapers, etc. for COVID, which has killed <10,000 healthy people, and 175,000 who had comorbidities. Which is why I've asked the question multiple times and haven't gotten a response. How many deaths are needed before we change our behavior?

Instead of answering that question Mark and Catyclysmo will just make some snarky comment about how I'm comparing the flu to COVID, which is not what I'm doing. I'm comparing our response to the the two viruses, and trying to determine how many deaths are needed for us to start freaking out.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcatmark - 08-31-2020 09:04 AM

(08-31-2020 08:16 AM)jarr Wrote:  It might actually work for them if they weren't so blatant in their hypocrisy. They seriously underestimate the average Americans intelligence, and just assume we are all in on the bullsh*t they feed us.

I agree with this statement, but the "they" we're thinking of isn't the same one.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcatmark - 08-31-2020 09:11 AM

(08-31-2020 09:03 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  Definitely agree. This is why I have been trying to expose the hypocrisy to our COVID pumpers on the board. 20,000 - 80,000 flu deaths annually...year after year after year after year and we don't change a dang thing. Yet we shut it down, cancel everything, mandate face diapers, etc. for COVID, which has killed <10,000 healthy people, and 175,000 who had comorbidities. Which is why I've asked the question multiple times and haven't gotten a response. How many deaths are needed before we change our behavior?

Instead of answering that question Mark and Catyclysmo will just make some snarky comment about how I'm comparing the flu to COVID, which is not what I'm doing. I'm comparing our response to the the two viruses, and trying to determine how many deaths are needed for us to start freaking out.

We've answered. You have a specific response in mind that doesn't fit your narrow viewpoint.

There isn't a quantifiable specific number. It's all about balancing.

To say we don't change our behavior regarding flu isn't accurate. We've changed our behavior many times. We focused dollars and resources toward flu shots, research and other manners. When there are particularly bad flu outbreaks in individual districts those schools have been known to shut down. The reason the comparison with flu even with our purpose is a stupid comparison is that we know far more about the flu. We have means to keep its spread and affect more manageable. We have treatments, we have vaccination. We understand how it spreads, we understand risk both short term and long term.

With COVID-19 we are learning. But again we have 180,000+ deaths DESPITE shutting down for a month. Despite shutting down large gatherings, despite mask wearing (though if we did better with these we'd be in a better situation), despite any number of precautions taken. We have studies showing that the high end do nothing number was in the millions (BTW even the President has said this). The bottom line is the risk from COVID-19 is greater and the unknowns are substantial. Republican governors in Ohio and Alabama haven't been duped by some grand liberal, deep state, global conspiracy to take down Trump. They understand the unprecedented risk and have taken action.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Cataclysmo - 08-31-2020 09:21 AM

(08-31-2020 07:57 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  while completely ignoring the fact that this thing has been significantly politicized by the Democrats for their gain. Are you telling me that this isn't happening? It's just a conspiracy theory right?

I do think this is happening.

I don't think it's reason to believe the entire pandemic is part of some nefarious scheme to hurt Trump.

I try my hardest to post primary research sources specifically to avoid the standard political talking points.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - MickMack - 08-31-2020 09:29 AM

(08-31-2020 09:11 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(08-31-2020 09:03 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  Definitely agree. This is why I have been trying to expose the hypocrisy to our COVID pumpers on the board. 20,000 - 80,000 flu deaths annually...year after year after year after year and we don't change a dang thing. Yet we shut it down, cancel everything, mandate face diapers, etc. for COVID, which has killed <10,000 healthy people, and 175,000 who had comorbidities. Which is why I've asked the question multiple times and haven't gotten a response. How many deaths are needed before we change our behavior?

We've answered. You have a specific response in mind that doesn't fit your narrow viewpoint.

There isn't a quantifiable specific number. It's all about balancing.

To say we don't change our behavior regarding flu isn't accurate. We've changed our behavior many times. We focused dollars and resources toward flu shots, research and other manners. When there are particularly bad flu outbreaks in individual districts those schools have been known to shut down. The reason the comparison with flu even with our purpose is a stupid comparison is that we know far more about the flu. We have means to keep its spread and affect more manageable. We have treatments, we have vaccination. We understand how it spreads, we understand risk both short term and long term.

With COVID-19 we are learning. But again we have 180,000+ deaths DESPITE shutting down for a month. Despite shutting down large gatherings, despite mask wearing (though if we did better with these we'd be in a better situation), despite any number of precautions taken. We have studies showing that the high end do nothing number was in the millions (BTW even the President has said this). The bottom line is the risk from COVID-19 is greater and the unknowns are substantial. Republican governors in Ohio and Alabama haven't been duped by some grand liberal, deep state, global conspiracy to take down Trump. They understand the unprecedented risk and have taken action.

I read that Trump wants the FDA to fast-track a vaccine. Odd that he'd change behavior for just the flu. I guess he must be part of the covid pumper deep state conspiracy against......himself?

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - rath v2.0 - 08-31-2020 09:47 AM

Stay in the bunker if you wish or if you have co-morbidities. Wear a mask now and during every annual flu season going forward. Wear it forever. Nobody will yuck your yum.

This thing is and has been oversold for a multitude of reasons. The stats are starting to fall apart and just watch...people and organizations are going to start hedging their bets to CYA. The “settled science” and strict adherence that progressives like to use as a shield and a sword for global warming or climate change or whatever it’s being called nowadays is the same that’s being peddled by many of the same folks now. It’s like a nutty religion that hopes all the worst case scenarios are true to back up an argument.

You do you. Me? This is no longer impacting my life as I’m going about my business as I deem appropriate.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - SeniorBearcat - 08-31-2020 10:11 AM

But can we all agree that this has become highly politicized and the numbers to a large degree are flawed. Figures lie and liars figure...the math being published from state to state have high variances.

We can all look at personal experiences to see this for ourselves...not some deep state conspiracy. My mom spent 35 years in the ER, I work with hundreds of doctors, but none of those things makes me think the numbers are highly skewed more than what I have been hesitant to post.

Last month my Brother in Law passed from ALS. The doctors at the UM ALS clinic gave him 2-5 years, he made it 6 with a positive attitude along the way. He had been on forced air 24/7 since Nov. 2018, and the doctors kept being surprised that he would make his next doctor's appointment being on a form of life support...the ALS clinic said he lived the longest on a vent only without a tracheotomy.
[Image: View-albu.png]

I remember the last time I put in a dock up at the lake with him having leg braces on and barely able to walk...
[Image: IMG-1821.jpg]

I remember watching his three kids under 11 say goodbye to their dad...
[Image: IMG-1916.jpg]

The people at Hospice did ask near the end if he should be tested for COVID-19...MAYBE on father's day at the lake he got the disease and it sped up his passing by weeks, but would the cause of death then be COVID or ALS...is it really all about the money / reimbursement???

I believe everybody understands there are unknowns with this virus and we all need to protect / empathize for those who are at high risk. Enjoy life and my job now is to be the best Uncle I can be...sports can't get here soon enough because I am tired of all this political / covid / offseason talk on this board...

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Cataclysmo - 08-31-2020 10:21 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that Senior. Condolences for your family.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcatdp - 08-31-2020 11:07 AM

Nice post Senior. I'm sorry for your loss. ALS sucks and I can't imagine how you and those kids feel.

Life is about balance. I don't want to take chances that could leave my wife and kids without a husband/dad early but it is unhealthy to live in fear. You don't know when something like ALS or cancer will happen. I live...but I don't do things that are unnecessary, and I take precaution when I do. "Unnecessary" can be defined by each person as to what is appropriate for their life. Everybody does what is right for their family. Just don't take chances that could negatively affect others. I think most live this way.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - Bear Catlett - 08-31-2020 11:48 AM

(08-31-2020 09:21 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  
(08-31-2020 07:57 AM)bearcats23 Wrote:  while completely ignoring the fact that this thing has been significantly politicized by the Democrats for their gain. Are you telling me that this isn't happening? It's just a conspiracy theory right?

I don't think it's reason to believe the entire pandemic is part of some nefarious scheme to hurt Trump.

I try my hardest to post primary research sources specifically to avoid the standard political talking points.

It's not the pandemic that's the scheme.

The response to the pandemic is the scheme.

This didn't happen in '09 with H1N1 because Democrats were happy that Prez Ears was in office and republicans weren't willing to blow up the country to get him out.

That's not the case in 2020 now that the shoe's on the other foot.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - levydl - 08-31-2020 12:39 PM

(08-31-2020 11:48 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

This didn't happen in '09 with H1N1 because Democrats were happy that Prez Ears was in office and republicans weren't willing to blow up the country to get him out.

So the rest of the world also shut down to uhhh get Trump out of office? IT'S ALL COMING TOGETHER.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - skylinecat - 08-31-2020 12:40 PM

(08-31-2020 11:48 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

I suppose the steps that all the other countries took and the videos of people dying en masse in Italy in March were all just schemes to get Trump out of office? India reporting 80,000 new cases today just a scheme? Boris Johnson saying he was going to step down due to lingering health issues was just a scheme? The entire EU denying entry to American's since May is just a scheme to hurt Trump?

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - bearcatmark - 08-31-2020 12:55 PM

Conspiracy Theory culture is out of control.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - icecat21 - 08-31-2020 01:35 PM

(08-31-2020 12:55 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Conspiracy Theory culture is out of control.

As is the response to this pandemic. Viruses happen. Diseases happen. It is a natural process to "thin the herd". Common sense is all that is needed. Protect the most vulnerable. Let people live, work, and play freely. History will show the response to this virus has been way more deadly than the virus itself. There is nothing normal about the "new normal" and there never will be.

Let's get back to enjoying sports and life. Let's get back to cheering on the bearcats.

RE: Do you think there will be a 2020 college FB season? - catcane - 08-31-2020 01:39 PM

(08-31-2020 12:40 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  
(08-31-2020 11:48 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  [quote='Cataclysmo' pid='16969502' dateline='1598883689']
[quote='bearcats23' pid='16969372' dateline='1598878668']
while completely ignoring the fact that this thing has been significantly politicized by the Democrats for their gain. Are you telling me that this isn't happening? It's just a conspiracy theory right?

" Boris Johnson saying he was going to step down due to lingering health issues was just a scheme?"

https://news.yahoo.com/boris-johnson-labels-quit-suggestions-151003482.html