CSNbbs
OT: COVID Check-In - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: OT: COVID Check-In (/thread-897469.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - UCGrad1992 - 04-07-2020 03:34 PM

(04-07-2020 02:31 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Happy the weather has mostly been good to great. We have about a 1/2 acre which is great for a suburban neighborhood. 2 year old loves to run around the yard and play on her new swing set. We've been eating on the deck and hanging out in the sun room. Making the best of things.

Perfect setup for the little one Mark. Get ya one of these for your deck...you could cook up some awesome marshmallows or smores.

[Image: fire-pit-on-deck.jpg]

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - CliftonAve - 04-07-2020 04:00 PM

Hiked 6 miles at Caesar’s Creek today with the family (on top of my 7 mile run this morning). The weather is great.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Bearcatbdub - 04-07-2020 05:16 PM

(04-07-2020 03:29 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  
(04-07-2020 03:17 PM)geef Wrote:  You know, since you're one of my favorites on here, I'm going to pretend I didn't read that you put ketchup on your dogs! And, I'm right there with you on the fire and some beers. We're staring at our first 70 degree day this weekend, and planning to do exactly the same in the backyard. I have to say, though, I'm awfully jealous of that acre - beats the hell out of our little brick fireplace in the yard. Can't wait to get up into the mountains a whole bunch this summer, for my preferred version of campfires and social distancing......

(04-07-2020 01:22 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Hey, since the weather is going to be nice over the weekend, I'll plan a nice fire outside. I don't have a fire ring per se but I have an area in my yard sheltered by some oaks and scrub pines that has become my "burn pit." I live on just under one acre of property and I have a good distance between my neighbors. I'll split some logs, get a good fire going, have an adult beverage or two and enjoy the evening. Any of you like staring in to the coals of a good, hot fire? It mesmerizes me. Weird, I know. I even like skewering hot dogs and cooking them over the fire almost burnt and then lather 'em up with ketchup and mustard. I go back and forth between standard yellow mustard and a spicy brown mustard. Throw on some diced onion and relish. Heck, maybe I'll do some brats instead. See, I'm coping with COVID. Hey - a slogan may have been born...

COPING WITH COVID!

Haha! I'm more partial to mustard if I had to pick only one. There's still something about the combination of the two that I dig.

[Image: iStock-140256545%20(1).jpg]
Peppers, onions sauteed in terraki and olive oil and sauer kraut on mine.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - UCGrad1992 - 04-07-2020 05:19 PM

(04-07-2020 05:16 PM)Bearcatbdub Wrote:  
(04-07-2020 03:29 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  Haha! I'm more partial to mustard if I had to pick only one. There's still something about the combination of the two that I dig.

[Image: iStock-140256545%20(1).jpg]
Peppers, onions sauteed in terraki and olive oil and sauer kraut on mine.

I can do sauer kraut as well.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - gerhard911 - 04-07-2020 08:13 PM

Nobody over the age of seven puts ketchup on a hot dog.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - UCGrad1992 - 04-07-2020 08:26 PM

(04-07-2020 08:13 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  Nobody over the age of seven puts ketchup on a hot dog.

Well I'm over 50 so there ya go. Someone has to be the outlier LOL. Survey says!...

Top 10 Most Popular Hog Dog Toppings

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Sweetness - 04-08-2020 08:43 AM

(04-07-2020 08:13 PM)gerhard911 Wrote:  Nobody over the age of seven puts ketchup on a hot dog.

What do you put?

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - gerhard911 - 04-08-2020 09:42 AM

(04-08-2020 08:43 AM)Sweetness Wrote:  

What do you put?

Spicy brown mustard, onions, sometimes relish.

Best dog is an authentic Chicago Dog!

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - bearcatmark - 04-08-2020 09:48 AM

(04-07-2020 08:26 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  

Well I'm over 50 so there ya go. Someone has to be the outlier LOL. Survey says!...

Top 10 Most Popular Hog Dog Toppings

Onions and ketchup. Unless you're doing chili, then it's onions and a light amount of mustard.

People trash ketchup for no reason.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Cat-Man - 04-08-2020 10:18 AM

Is it Ketchup or Catsup?

[Image: c9dd6c08f6221ad7bf892f6ceb300689--catsup...mpsons.jpg]

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Lush - 04-08-2020 11:20 AM

(04-07-2020 04:00 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Hiked 6 miles at Caesar’s Creek today with the family (on top of my 7 mile run this morning). The weather is great.

surprised it's still open. we went to the ohio river bluffs near ripley (believe it or not) last week. i maneuvered several social distance passes. only old people were on the trails. i'm sure they saw us young people and shivered. they might have it. it was pretty tough to give anyone six feet there on that narrow path; a tumble here and there might hurt. spring flowers are all the rage at the ohio river bluffs. something called bluebells. the floor was littered with them. i wish i had some acid as every flower pulsed its fluttering blue. i was all, whoa. i had littlest one in the backpack and mother and other were a quarter mile behind stopping at every moment a flower happened along

nice meandering trail jogging along the bluffs. spring is also the best time to visit this portion of the arc of appalachia because of that view of the river. a majestic bend to the east loomed an island in the foreground. i wonder if that island was of any use to simon kenton and his enemies

buckeye abounds and i'm getting them mightily confused with paw paw. it's a loop trail and close to maysville/ augusta which are even prettier when there are no pandemics

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Loco Bearcat - 04-08-2020 01:46 PM

(04-08-2020 09:42 AM)gerhard911 Wrote:  

What do you put?

At minimum Mustard and Onions. I usually do Mustard, Onions, and Jalapenos. I also like Sauerkraut sometimes. Skyline Chili and Onions, lastly thick New Mexico Red Chili and Onions=Muy Caliente!

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - geef - 04-08-2020 03:02 PM

(04-08-2020 01:46 PM)Loco Bearcat Wrote:  

What do you put?

At minimum Mustard and Onions. I usually do Mustard, Onions, and Jalapenos. I also like Sauerkraut sometimes. Skyline Chili and Onions, lastly thick New Mexico Red Chili and Onions=Muy Caliente!

New Mexico RED? Interesting. I smother everything in site with green chile when I get my coupla bushels each October. That's the only regional food I've ever missed (having lived in Colorado for years, then moved).....

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Bruce Monnin - 04-08-2020 06:11 PM

You would have to put A LOT of stuff on any hot dog to make it edible.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - robertfoshizzle - 04-08-2020 06:49 PM

I like ketchup on a hot dog, although I can just as easily do without. The one I don't understand is ketchup with steak. I like the taste of A1, and will use it with a cheap cut of meat, but if it's a good steak, I prefer it without sauce. But ketchup? It's like putting spinner hub caps from Walmart on a brand new BMW.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - doss2 - 04-08-2020 07:36 PM

(04-08-2020 06:49 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  I like ketchup on a hot dog, although I can just as easily do without. The one I don't understand is ketchup with steak. I like the taste of A1, and will use it with a cheap cut of meat, but if it's a good steak, I prefer it without sauce. But ketchup? It's like putting spinner hub caps from Walmart on a brand new BMW.

A good steak should need no sauce. Perhaps Béarnaise.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Bearcatbdub - 04-08-2020 09:29 PM

What do you put?

Yesterday I had- roma tomatoes, a slice of zesty dill, sweet relish, pepperoncinis, grilled onions and peppers sauteed in terraki, sauer kraut and yellow mustard. Not quite a Chicago dog, but my own spin on it. it was a nathan’s.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Teakwood - 04-09-2020 06:20 AM

(04-08-2020 06:49 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  I like ketchup on a hot dog, although I can just as easily do without. The one I don't understand is ketchup with steak. I like the taste of A1, and will use it with a cheap cut of meat, but if it's a good steak, I prefer it without sauce. But ketchup? It's like putting spinner hub caps from Walmart on a brand new BMW.

I'm just learning how to cook on a fire. I've always done it, I just wasn't any good and now I'm finally taking the time to follow directions. What a difference, a little prep and lot of patience can do. I've started to make even cheap cuts taste pretty good. Historically, I would rely on a little Worcestershire sauce after the fact. My biggest lesson was obvious and simple, just be patient.

As far as ketchup goes, for me there is just something about the combination of Heinz ketchup and plain yellow mustard on a hot dog that is classic Americana. I LOVE it. Not so much with a Brat or Mett, in which case I'm going brown mustard with onions and peppers if available.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - CliftonAve - 04-09-2020 08:03 AM

(04-08-2020 11:20 AM)Lush Wrote:  
(04-07-2020 04:00 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  Hiked 6 miles at Caesar’s Creek today with the family (on top of my 7 mile run this morning). The weather is great.

surprised it's still open. we went to the ohio river bluffs near ripley (believe it or not) last week. i maneuvered several social distance passes. only old people were on the trails. i'm sure they saw us young people and shivered. they might have it. it was pretty tough to give anyone six feet there on that narrow path; a tumble here and there might hurt. spring flowers are all the rage at the ohio river bluffs. something called bluebells. the floor was littered with them. i wish i had some acid as every flower pulsed its fluttering blue. i was all, whoa. i had littlest one in the backpack and mother and other were a quarter mile behind stopping at every moment a flower happened along

nice meandering trail jogging along the bluffs. spring is also the best time to visit this portion of the arc of appalachia because of that view of the river. a majestic bend to the east loomed an island in the foreground. i wonder if that island was of any use to simon kenton and his enemies

buckeye abounds and i'm getting them mightily confused with paw paw. it's a loop trail and close to maysville/ augusta which are even prettier when there are no pandemics

There weren't many people when we were there (we went about 10amm and were done by 1pm). We saw other people at times but for the most part were all by ourselves, away from the world. It was great.

My buddy was telling me they re-opened the Cincinnati Nature Center outside Milford yesterday.

RE: OT: COVID Check-In - Captain Bearcat - 04-09-2020 09:15 AM

(04-09-2020 08:03 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  
(04-08-2020 11:20 AM)Lush Wrote:  

There weren't many people when we were there (we went about 10amm and were done by 1pm). We saw other people at times but for the most part were all by ourselves, away from the world. It was great.

My buddy was telling me they re-opened the Cincinnati Nature Center outside Milford yesterday.

The Cincinnati Nature Center's website says they are still closed. The last update was 4/7 (2 days ago), but they don't update it that often. 4/7 was the first update since they closed everything on 3/23.

(I'm only posting this in case anyone decides to drive there to check it out)