CSNbbs
Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? (/thread-896882.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - TripleA - 03-24-2020 12:46 PM

Trump subscribes to the Stink Doctrine. He is really itching to pull all the stay at home orders and put everybody back to work.

I imagine he will hold off until next Monday, at least, but he said he intends for the stay at home orders to be gone by Easter (April 12), and still "practice good social distancing."

He cited the average number of annual deaths for the flu (36K), and said we don't shut down the economy for that, or stop manufacturers from building cars, b/c so many die in traffic accidents.

You can tell he is getting hot under the collar about the economy. At one time, he said, "Three weeks ago, we had the strongest economy in the world, and now it's being destroyed. We used to pay people to work. Now we're paying them not to work...More people are going to die if we don't get back to work." Paraphrasing.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - ECUGrad07 - 03-24-2020 12:48 PM

I think that is a great idea.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Eagleaidaholic - 03-24-2020 12:56 PM

(03-24-2020 12:48 PM)ECUGrad07 Wrote:  I think that is a great idea.
For the money we are going to spend on this giveaway we could have put the most vulnerable in 5star hotels for a few months with 3 full squares a day, open bar and strippers with a couple Trillion $$$ left over. Then we could have taken care of the VD and Gout later.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Marc Mensa - 03-24-2020 01:08 PM

(03-24-2020 12:46 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Trump subscribes to the Stink Doctrine. He is really itching to pull all the stay at home orders and put everybody back to work.

I imagine he will hold off until next Monday, at least, but he said he intends for the stay at home orders to be gone by Easter (April 12), and still "practice good social distancing."

He cited the average number of annual deaths for the flu (36K), and said we don't shut down the economy for that, or stop manufacturers from building cars, b/c so many die in traffic accidents.

You can tell he is getting hot under the collar about the economy. At one time, he said, "Three weeks ago, we had the strongest economy in the world, and now it's being destroyed. We used to pay people to work. Now we're paying them not to work...More people are going to die if we don't get back to work." Paraphrasing.

What did Dr Fauchi say?

Trump is concerned with the political fallout of a declining economy... and I understand the economic and political concern, but this isn’t the flu... for which there is a vaccine and is far less communicable and lethal. Flu season lasts for 8 months. If Coronavirus goes unchecked for 8 months, the fallout would be disastrous. It’s a false and reckless equivalency.

FYI.... Fox is not neutral.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - stinkfist - 03-24-2020 01:23 PM

(03-24-2020 01:08 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 12:46 PM)TripleA Wrote:  Trump subscribes to the Stink Doctrine. He is really itching to pull all the stay at home orders and put everybody back to work.

What did Dr Fauchi say?

Trump is concerned with the political fallout of a declining economy... and I understand the economic and political concern, but this isn’t the flu... for which there is a vaccine and is far less communicable and lethal. Flu season lasts for 8 months. If Coronavirus goes unchecked for 8 months, the fallout would be disastrous. It’s a false and reckless equivalency.

Fk fauchi!!!!

he's a self serving pos...

ewe stupid fks don't have a fk'n ckue why this went the it has to this point...

#ourTurnMfkr

Ii fk'n hate dipshites....

yeah, I'm still pissed the fkoff..

/fieldrant

he's sick of dipshites too... @!!!

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Marc Mensa - 03-24-2020 01:29 PM

(03-24-2020 01:23 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

What did Dr Fauchi say?

Fk fauchi!!!!

he's a self serving pos...

ewe stupid fks don't have a fk'n ckue why this went the it has to this point...

#ourTurnMfkr

Ii fk'n hate dipshites....

yeah, I'm still pissed the fkoff..

/fieldrant

Can you express you thoughts in English and not in Trump?
Hard for the non-indoctrinated to follow your flow.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Eagleaidaholic - 03-24-2020 01:30 PM

What did Dr Fauchi say?

You obviously didn't listen or here the town hall. He specifically said he is worried about the fallout of the economy crashing. Suicides, ODs, murders, starvation etc. If he were worried about the politics and keeping the country shut down is more politically correct, then wouldn't he do that instead? Four+ years and you still haven't figured out he isn't a politician.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Marc Mensa - 03-24-2020 01:39 PM

(03-24-2020 01:30 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  

What did Dr Fauchi say?

You obviously didn't listen or here the town hall. He specifically said he is worried about the fallout of the economy crashing. Suicides, ODs, murders, starvation etc. If he were worried about the politics and keeping the country shut down is more politically correct, then wouldn't he do that instead?Four+ years and you still haven't figured out he isn't a politician.

Not if you’re running on the strength of the economy...

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Redwingtom - 03-24-2020 01:43 PM

And exactly what power does he have to tell my company that they can't require their employees to work from home until April 24th...my current mandate?

What power does he have to force the NHL, NBA and MLB to resume their seasons?

And what power does he have to tell state governors they can't issue stay at home orders, etc. in the name of public safety?

Remember most all in the GOP love state's rights.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - TripleA - 03-24-2020 01:48 PM

(03-24-2020 01:43 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

And exactly what power does he have to tell my company that they can't require their employees to work from home until April 24th...my current mandate?

And what power does he have to tell state governors they can't issue stay at home orders, etc. in the name of public safety?

I report. You decide.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - stinkfist - 03-24-2020 01:51 PM

do the states?

our Gov. just told the blue states to fk the fk off...

#muhapples

ewe think mob is effective...come down to the "sip, butch...

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Marc Mensa - 03-24-2020 01:51 PM

Come Easter, there are going to be some awfully red states with an awful lot of people suffering from Coronavirus. Democratic governors can withstand the political fallout of defying Trump’s order... Red states will be in a bit of a dilemma.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - TripleA - 03-24-2020 01:53 PM

What did Dr Fauchi say?

You obviously didn't watch. Fox interviewed Pence and Trump separately, and asked good questions, not softballs.

Then, Fox simply broadcast the rest. Viewers asked the panel (Trump/Pence/Birx/Adams) questions. Mostly tough ones.

Fauci wasn't there. Fox asked why not. Trump said he had better things to do. Said all was well between them. Birx and Adams nodded.

Birx was asked about Trump's desire to go back to work by Easter. She said they would have enough data by then to make another recommendation and present to Trump, and he would decide what to do with the info.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Momus - 03-24-2020 01:53 PM

The Great Orange Prick makes decisions that kill Americans, the right-wingers applaud on cue. They are complete traitors to our country. We loyal Americans will never forget.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - stinkfist - 03-24-2020 01:56 PM

(03-24-2020 01:51 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  

Come Easter, there are going to be some awfully red states with an awful lot of people suffering from Coronavirus. Democratic governors can withstand the political fallout of defying Trump’s order... Red states will be in a bit of a dilemma.

sig bet biatch?

#allfknin

ewe just earned the JD award w/0 reply... I know ere're answer. .

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Attackcoog - 03-24-2020 01:58 PM

What did Dr Fauchi say?

It doesnt matter. Its a no win. You pick Depression or a crap load of deaths. Neither is good. One affects some of us---the other affects us all for a long long time. Question---is the long term number of unneccessary domestic deaths higher for extensive and purvasive long term poverty or from a Covid-19 pandemic? I dont know the answer---but its an important question.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - MemTigers1998 - 03-24-2020 02:06 PM

(03-24-2020 01:53 PM)Momus Wrote:  The Great Orange Prick makes decisions that kill Americans, the right-wingers applaud on cue. They are complete traitors to our country. We loyal Americans will never forget.

Gillum 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Attackcoog - 03-24-2020 02:15 PM

(03-24-2020 01:53 PM)Momus Wrote:  The Great Orange Prick makes decisions that kill Americans, the right-wingers applaud on cue. They are complete traitors to our country. We loyal Americans will never forget.

Left wingers always want to applaud sitting at home and collecting checks from the government. Business as usual on that front. Now you want everyone to do it. Now your going to find out why your little utopia doesnt work.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - TripleA - 03-24-2020 02:15 PM

(03-24-2020 01:58 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

What did Dr Fauchi say?

It doesnt matter. Its a no win. You pick Depression or a crap load of deaths. Neither is good. One affects some of us---the other affects us all for a long long time. Question---is the long term number of unneccessary domestic deaths higher for extensive and purvasive long term poverty or from a Covid-19 pandemic? I dont know the answer---but its an important question.

Trump made it clear that if the projected deaths hang out in the common flu territory, then he is willing to take that chance to get the economy back on track.

RE: Anybody watching the Town Hall on Fox? - Attackcoog - 03-24-2020 02:21 PM

(03-24-2020 02:15 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(03-24-2020 01:58 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  

What did Dr Fauchi say?

Trump made it clear that if the projected deaths hang out in the common flu territory, then he is willing to take that chance to get the economy back on track.

They arent going to. Flu numbers are around 1 or 2 tenths of one percent. Covid-19 will be higher than that. Worse yet---they are going to have a death parade in the media capital of the world where every network will be breathlessly reporting it.

Here's the deal. You can only stop those deaths by putting the country on lock down for 3 to 6 months. No economy can survive that. So the real life and death question is---How many unnecessary deaths will come from oppressive poverty (lack of insurance/malnutrition/suicide/lack of safety net/poor living conditions) from a depression that may last 5 to 10 years vs how many die in a moderated response to the Covid-19. Thats the choice facing the White House.