CSNbbs
Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package (/thread-896792.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - usmbacker - 03-22-2020 07:41 PM

Democrats blocking relief to Americans until they get all their goodies. They obviously want to push granny off a cliff or further tank the economy to hurt Trump’s chances.

Quote:Senate Democrats on Sunday blocked a coronavirus stimulus package from moving forward as talks on several key provisions remain stalled.

Senators voted 47-47 on advancing a “shell” bill, a placeholder that the text of the stimulus legislation would have been swapped into, falling short of the three-fifths threshold needed to advance the proposal.

Hopes of a quick stimulus deal quickly unraveled on Sunday as the four congressional leaders and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin failed to break the impasse. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) also delayed the procedural vote for three hours as they tried to get a deal.

Link

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - bullet - 03-22-2020 07:43 PM

(03-22-2020 07:41 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Democrats blocking relief to Americans until they get all their goodies. They obviously want to push granny off a cliff or further tank the economy to hurt Trump’s chances.

Quote:Senate Democrats on Sunday blocked a coronavirus stimulus package from moving forward as talks on several key provisions remain stalled.

Senators voted 47-47 on advancing a “shell” bill, a placeholder that the text of the stimulus legislation would have been swapped into, falling short of the three-fifths threshold needed to advance the proposal.

Hopes of a quick stimulus deal quickly unraveled on Sunday as the four congressional leaders and Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin failed to break the impasse. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) also delayed the procedural vote for three hours as they tried to get a deal.

Link

Sounds like we need a new majority leader. GET RID OF THE FILIBUSTER!!!!!!!

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - THE NC Herd Fan - 03-22-2020 07:45 PM

SO basically the POS SCUMBAG democrats are playing politics with American's lives. Sadly most of these POS are in districts that would vote them in if they ordered all Covid19 victims shot.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - stinkfist - 03-22-2020 07:46 PM

HELLO DOLLY! COME NOVEMBER

REMEMBER THE 5TH OF NOVEMBER

#muhGaylordFawkers

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - UofMstateU - 03-22-2020 07:47 PM

Trump will starting using the daily 90 minute bully pulpit to smash them over the head. Their governors should as well. Cuomo shouldnt put up with this sh*t from Schumer.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - miko33 - 03-22-2020 08:47 PM

I guess the saying is correct...Democrats hate Americans.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - usmbacker - 03-22-2020 09:07 PM

(03-22-2020 08:47 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I guess the saying is correct...Democrats hate Americans.

They for sure hate America, so I guess that means they hate Americans. They sure love themselves some illegal aliens, Iranians and Chinese, but do hate Americans.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - solohawks - 03-22-2020 09:10 PM

If Dems cannot for one day put stupid BS aside then why should anyone take seriously this crisis.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - stinkfist - 03-22-2020 09:12 PM

(03-22-2020 09:07 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 08:47 PM)miko33 Wrote:  I guess the saying is correct...Democrats hate Americans.

They for sure hate America, so I guess that means they hate Americans. They sure love themselves some illegal aliens, Iranians and Chinese, but do hate Americans.

at the end of the day, they are spoiled li'l biatches, phat/lazy, and despise any version of creating #incentive moving forward....

it's a g'dammed mental disease of epic proportions.....and it only took two gens to plant that moterfk'n seed.....

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - fsquid - 03-22-2020 09:40 PM

(03-22-2020 07:43 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 07:41 PM)usmbacker Wrote:  

Link

Sounds like we need a new majority leader. GET RID OF THE FILIBUSTER!!!!!!!
No

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - shere khan - 03-22-2020 09:45 PM

07-coffee3

Who are the four blocking the deal?

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - Mav - 03-22-2020 10:15 PM

It was a massive giveaway to corporations that didn't address the stock buyback bubble that inflated the DJIA and, on top of that, turned the FDIC into a slush fund. It was a crap bill. If both sides could keep it simple and leave abortion rights or sweetheart giveaways to the Fortune 500 out of it we'd be better off.

Maybe a few of them need to die of coronavirus before they realize how serious it is and cut the partisan hackery.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - shere khan - 03-22-2020 10:33 PM

(03-22-2020 10:15 PM)Mav Wrote:  It was a massive giveaway to corporations that didn't address the stock buyback bubble that inflated the DJIA and, on top of that, turned the FDIC into a slush fund. It was a crap bill. If both sides could keep it simple and leave abortion rights or sweetheart giveaways to the Fortune 500 out of it we'd be better off.

Maybe a few of them need to die of coronavirus before they realize how serious it is and cut the partisan hackery.

Link. I've read the opposite. She wanted 1 billion for abortions. Back to the talking points.

Btw, people work for corporations.

Defend this prog flith crap. Go for it. They are all aholes but democrats are the bigger ones right now.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - usmbacker - 03-22-2020 10:39 PM

(03-22-2020 10:33 PM)shere khan Wrote:  
(03-22-2020 10:15 PM)Mav Wrote:  It was a massive giveaway to corporations that didn't address the stock buyback bubble that inflated the DJIA and, on top of that, turned the FDIC into a slush fund. It was a crap bill. If both sides could keep it simple and leave abortion rights or sweetheart giveaways to the Fortune 500 out of it we'd be better off.

Link. I've read the opposite. She wanted 1 billion for abortions. Back to the talking points.

Defend this prog flith crap. Go for it. They are all aholes but democrats are the bigger ones right now.

Murdering babies will always be the number one priority for Democrats. It is what they live for is to murder babies.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - Mav - 03-23-2020 12:51 AM

Yep. That was stupid too. Like I said, leave the partisan nonsense out and give the people what they need.

Corporations already got a couple trillion. They're fine. This has more to do with people being stuck at home on furlough or in quarantine or those putting their necks on the line to try to keep our house-of-cards economy up. You know, people that either can't work for corporations because there's a pandemic out there, or have to expose themselves to it.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - 58-56 - 03-23-2020 01:04 AM

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/22/vast-coronavirus-stimulus-bill-limbo-crunch-times-arrives-capitol-hill/

Your flawless, omniscient Orange God-Emperor agrees with the Democrats on this, therefore you must as well (unless you've decided he's "prog filth" now):

“I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus,” Trump said. “So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.”

I agree with Trump on the above. So there.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - TripleA - 03-23-2020 01:09 AM

Has anybody actually seen the proposed legislation? Until then, it's just the usual political side taking.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - Native Georgian - 03-23-2020 03:16 AM

(03-23-2020 01:04 AM)58-56 Wrote:  Your flawless, omniscient Orange God-Emperor agrees with the Democrats on this, therefore you must as well (unless you've decided he's "prog filth" now):
How should we describe Trump’s approach to matters of spending/borrowing/taxing? IMHO Trump has never approached fiscal issues from a specifically “conservative” standpoint. He has always been wide open and willing to go along with whatever the political market will bear.
Quote:“I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus,” Trump said. “So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.”

Well, that makes two of us.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - vandiver49 - 03-23-2020 06:18 AM

(03-23-2020 01:04 AM)58-56 Wrote:  

Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/03/22/vast-coronavirus-stimulus-bill-limbo-crunch-times-arrives-capitol-hill/

Your flawless, omniscient Orange God-Emperor agrees with the Democrats on this, therefore you must as well (unless you've decided he's "prog filth" now):

“I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus,” Trump said. “So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.”

58-56 is correct in that it appears the current bill has a great deal of provisions not for families and small businesses, but for large corporations who have f**ked up recently and see this crisis as an opportunity to balance their books. We're talking the likes of Boeing, GE, GM and others. This is why IMO it needs to be focused on people. While it would suck that millionaires and billionaires got free money, that would be cheaper than large companies getting billions to balance their books while still laying people off.

RE: Senate Democrats Block Mammoth Chinese Coronavirus Stimulus Package - TripleA - 03-23-2020 06:43 AM

(03-23-2020 06:18 AM)vandiver49 Wrote:  
(03-23-2020 01:04 AM)58-56 Wrote:  

58-56 is correct in that it appears the current bill has a great deal of provisions not for families and small businesses, but for large corporations who have f**ked up recently and see this crisis as an opportunity to balance their books. We're talking the likes of Boeing, GE, GM and others. This is why IMO it needs to be focused on people. While it would suck that millionaires and billionaires got free money, that would be cheaper than large companies getting billions to balance their books while still laying people off.

The author of the link says he doesn't know any details of the proposed legislation, so he is going off "rumor and reporting."

IOW, it's useless. I'm not making any assumptions on either side until we see the actual legislation. Peeps on both sides, including reporters, have agendas.