CSNbbs
Congrats to Meredith Schamun - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: Congrats to Meredith Schamun (/thread-896700.html)

Congrats to Meredith Schamun - Houston Owl 2 - 03-20-2020 08:11 PM

Earlier today Penn named Meredith Schamun as their head volleyball coach. Meredith was a great player at Rice and led us to a C-USA title.

I ran into Meredith at a tennis match the day she was named "setter of the year" by a volleyball magazine. I told her I wondered how the setter at Penn State felt (since they were undefeated that year and won the NCAA title). Meredith's reply was "apparently she didn't have as good a year as I had"...she was laughing the rest of the match.

Great news.

RE: Congrats to Meredith Schamun - illiniowl - 03-20-2020 08:34 PM

(03-20-2020 08:11 PM)Houston Owl 2 Wrote:  Earlier today Penn named Meredith Schamun as their head volleyball coach. Meredith was a great player at Rice and led us to a C-USA title.

I ran into Meredith at a tennis match the day she was named "setter of the year" by a volleyball magazine. I told her I wondered how the setter at Penn State felt (since they were undefeated that year and won the NCAA title). Meredith's reply was "apparently she didn't have as good a year as I had"...she was laughing the rest of the match.

Great news.

Probably meant for and should be moved from the Quad to the main board; regardless, worthy of note and thanks for posting!

Penn VB is quite the situation to be stepping into. If anyone doesn't remember how last season ended, with quitting players, accusations against the coach, and canceled games, just google Penn volleyball. Presumably a major rebuild of trust and team culture awaits Meredith; best of luck to her.

RE: Congrats to Meredith Schamun - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-20-2020 08:37 PM

Congrats and best wishes, Meredith.

RE: Congrats to Meredith Schamun - Almadenmike - 03-21-2020 12:08 AM

(03-20-2020 08:11 PM)Houston Owl 2 Wrote:  Earlier today Penn named Meredith Schamun as their head volleyball coach. Meredith was a great player at Rice and led us to a C-USA title.

Great news.

Also ... another member of that 2010 Penn State national championship team was Katie Kabbes, daughter of Rice basketball forward (1971-74), John Kabbes.