CSNbbs
Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat (/thread-895954.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - TripleA - 03-11-2020 08:32 AM

Article link

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-11-2020 09:22 AM

I think Trump probably feels that appointing Sessions as AG was the biggest mistake of his presidency. I am inclined to agree.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Redwingtom - 03-11-2020 09:24 AM

(03-11-2020 09:22 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I think Trump probably feels that appointing Sessions as AG was the biggest mistake of his presidency. I am inclined to agree.

Eh...I think we're seeing the biggest mistake play out right in front of our eyes.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - ECUGrad07 - 03-11-2020 09:25 AM

(03-11-2020 09:24 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(03-11-2020 09:22 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  I think Trump probably feels that appointing Sessions as AG was the biggest mistake of his presidency. I am inclined to agree.

Eh...I think we're seeing the biggest mistake play out right in front of our eyes.

03-lmfao

Yeah, Trump really shouldn't have created this darn virus. What a blunder.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - WalkThePlank - 03-11-2020 09:43 AM

What exactly has the administration done wrong? California governor came out today and applauded the administration’s efforts to help in his state.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - solohawks - 03-11-2020 09:44 AM

I appreciate out he is trying to calm everyone down and prevent the market from tanking

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - TripleA - 03-11-2020 09:46 AM

Back to the OP. How do others here feel about Sessions vs. Tuberville? I'm interested, b/c I live in Alabama.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - SuperFlyBCat - 03-11-2020 09:50 AM

Yeah Sessions seemed in way over his head. Tubs should be fine if elected.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - UofMstateU - 03-11-2020 10:00 AM

Thats what you get for allowing the DNC to rig the democratic primaries again.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Attackcoog - 03-11-2020 10:00 AM

(03-11-2020 09:46 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Back to the OP. How do others here feel about Sessions vs. Tuberville? I'm interested, b/c I live in Alabama.

I kinda wish Trump would have remained silent on the matter. Sessions wasn’t out to screw Trump. That said, Sessions screwed up badly by recusing himself. He’d never admit it, but my guess is if he had it to do over, Sessions would have played it differently. It’s clear Trump blames Sessions for the 3 years of Russia Russia Russia....and he’s not entirely wrong about that. The problem I have with this is if he keeps this up and Sessions wins—he’s made himself another Romney he will have to deal with.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - TripleA - 03-11-2020 10:04 AM

(03-11-2020 10:00 AM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(03-11-2020 09:46 AM)TripleA Wrote:  Back to the OP. How do others here feel about Sessions vs. Tuberville? I'm interested, b/c I live in Alabama.

I kinda wish Trump would have remained silent on the matter. Sessions wasn’t out to screw Trump. That said, Sessions screwed up badly by recusing himself. He’d never admit it, but my guess is if he had it to do over, Sessions would have played it differently. It’s clear Trump blames Sessions for the 3 years of Russia Russia Russia....and he’s not entirely wrong about that. The problem I have with this is if he keeps this up and Sessions wins—he’s made himself another Romney he will have to deal with.

Possibly. But the race is so close, I'm pretty sure Trump feels he has to step in to prevent Sessions from winning. Trump is more popular here than Sessions.

Plus, whether you believe him or not, Sessions has said in his campaign ads that he will back all of Trump's policies 100%.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-11-2020 10:20 AM

03-lmfao

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-11-2020 10:27 AM

And what mistake was that? I mean, what exactly did he do wrong, and what is the causal relationship between that act or those acts and the result?

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Redwingtom - 03-11-2020 10:31 AM

(03-11-2020 10:27 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  

And what mistake was that? I mean, what exactly did he do wrong, and what is the causal relationship between that act or those acts and the result?

Downplaying the COVID threat and waiting too long to let the proper authorities run things. The testing has been an absolute debacle so far. Now that is not all trump's fault, but he's in charge of the country, right?

I think Pence has done an okay job so far, but he was given the reins much too late.

I could be wrong, but we should know for sure in a week or two. See Italy.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Owl 69/70/75 - 03-11-2020 10:43 AM

(03-11-2020 10:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
Downplaying the COVID threat and waiting too long to let the proper authorities run things. The testing has been an absolute debacle so far. Now that is not all trump's fault, but he's in charge of the country, right?
I think Pence has done an okay job so far, but he was given the reins much too late.

None of that establishes causation, which was my question. But I suppose if this flames out in a week or two that won't matter. Of course we will still hear how he botched it, as if alleging that he botched it is sufficient to prove that he did.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - Attackcoog - 03-11-2020 10:51 AM

(03-11-2020 10:31 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

Biden would be like "I worked with Jonas Salk during the Obama administration to invent the vaccine!!! Get your facts straight mannn."

The reality is the Covid-19 tests failed due to an inconsistent reagent. No idea who you blame for that.

Reagent snag with test kits
Nancy Messonnier, MD, who directs the CDC's National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, said the CDC developed and deployed the diagnostic test kits to states, and as part of the normal process, state labs verify that they perform the same as they do in CDC labs before states use them to diagnose patients.

But she said the CDC received word that the tests weren't performing as expected and that the state labs were getting inconclusive results. Apparently, one of the reagents used in the tests wasn't performing consistently. "Things may not always go as smoothly as we'd like," she said, adding that the reagent will be remanufactured.

For now, states will continue to send all of their COVID-19 clinical specimens to the CDC for testing.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/02/glitch-delays-covid-19-tests-states-first-evacuees-cleared

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - JRsec - 03-11-2020 11:22 AM

Tubberville is an opportunist, but one who will tow the party line.

Sessions is what we once called a DixieCrat. He may have worn the Republican Logo, but his allegiance was to whoever backed him. And with the DixieCrats you seldom ever knew. And for those who don't know why I use the term the DixieCrats was a term for Southern Democrats during the civil rights era of the mid to late 60's and into the early 70's. They didn't vote consistently with the Democrats and by the late 70's they had become Republicans, but they never really towed the Republican line but rather voted as a block on things pertaining to the South.

I refer to Sessions as one because you'll never know where his allegiance will reside. Sam Nunn a Senate Democrat in Georgia was similar in this regard with his relationship with the Democratic party.

I suspect that Trump is right to back Tubberville, but I also suspect Tubberville will be in over his head too.

I voted for Byrne who narrowly missed the runoff due mostly to name recognition problems and a much smaller war chest.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - bullet - 03-11-2020 11:35 AM

Yes, but its still tacky. Sessions was the first to support him. He should have said nothing or said there are two great Republicans running.

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - shere khan - 03-11-2020 01:08 PM

I just hope that when he gets the lead he doesnt play prevent defense and that he stays away from Al Borges

RE: Trump snubs Sessions, endorses Tuberville for AL U.S. Senate seat - 58-56 - 03-11-2020 01:18 PM

(03-11-2020 11:22 AM)JRsec Wrote:  

Tubberville is an opportunist, but one who will tow the party line.

Sessions is what we once called a DixieCrat. He may have worn the Republican Logo, but his allegiance was to whoever backed him. And with the DixieCrats you seldom ever knew. And for those who don't know why I use the term the DixieCrats was a term for Southern Democrats during the civil rights era of the mid to late 60's and into the early 70's. They didn't vote consistently with the Democrats and by the late 70's they had become Republicans, but they never really towed the Republican line but rather voted as a block on things pertaining to the South.

I refer to Sessions as one because you'll never know where his allegiance will reside. Sam Nunn a Senate Democrat in Georgia was similar in this regard with his relationship with the Democratic party.

I suspect that Trump is right to back Tubberville, but I also suspect Tubberville will be in over his head too.

I voted for Byrne who narrowly missed the runoff due mostly to name recognition problems and a much smaller war chest.

Sessions is one of the few Alabama Republican pols of his generation who was never a Democrat. He's a life-long Republican came up as an aide to Jim Martin.

I know Sessions. I dislike him intensely. He's a nasty little guy, what my mother would call a Giftzwerbe, who was always loyal to his party. That's not a compliment.