CSNbbs
Dou - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Dou (/thread-895745.html)

Pages: 1 2

Dou - jarr - 03-07-2020 11:07 PM

That dude is becoming a player. That 3 he hit, and shoemaker went crazy. He still needs to clean up some mistakes on D, get stronger, and get better hands but he is on his way to being a force by his Senior year.

RE: Dou - rath v2.0 - 03-07-2020 11:08 PM

He runs like Justin Jackson’s little brother...love watching him when it’s working.

RE: Dou - MickMack - 03-07-2020 11:18 PM

He's a work in progress. I love seeing the progress lately.

RE: Dou - bearcatmark - 03-07-2020 11:29 PM

(03-07-2020 11:08 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  He runs like Justin Jackson’s little brother...love watching him when it’s working.

I'm not sure who said it but I think so much with dou is confidence. He was huge early in conference but looked lost most of February. He's been great the last 2 games. When he sees a couple good things happen it builds. Can go the other way too.

RE: Dou - BigDawg - 03-07-2020 11:31 PM

He continues to improve. Really hoping he takes a leap in the off-season as he is a legit NBA prospect. His stroke is sweet for a big guy and he is so athletic. Get that ball handling improved and be a threat to take it to the hole if bigs try to take away the 3 and he could be unstoppable.

Dou - Cataclysmo - 03-08-2020 12:03 AM

His 3 celebration was great. He was feeling it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RE: Dou - Lush - 03-08-2020 12:05 AM

(03-07-2020 11:29 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(03-07-2020 11:08 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  He runs like Justin Jackson’s little brother...love watching him when it’s working.

I'm not sure who said it but I think so much with dou is confidence. He was huge early in conference but looked lost most of February. He's been great the last 2 games. When he sees a couple good things happen it builds. Can go the other way too.

the first half in houston too

RE: Dou - Lush - 03-08-2020 12:06 AM

what popped in my mind was the jj meanface

RE: Dou - Lush - 03-08-2020 12:09 AM

dou was a late season coup for mick. when you look back on it, maybe mick wasn't such a bad developer of bigs; i'm pretty sure mick would've gotten dou in working order; the talent is evident

RE: Dou - BcatMatt13 - 03-08-2020 07:42 AM

He needs to shoot when he’s open. He’s got a really good looking shot, especially for someone who’s 6’10”. Developing into a really nice player. And he still has two more years left.

RE: Dou - skyblade - 03-08-2020 08:52 AM

Dou continues to lead the team in ORTG in conference play and is second on the team in DRTG. Now he has over 200 minutes in conference play, it's getting hard to say it's just because of sample size. His ORTG lead is pretty significant, he has 117.0, second is Keith/Vogt with 109.4.

In conference Diarra only averages 0.4 fewer points per 40 than Vogt. He is learning how to score as part of the offense. Next year he may need to become a take the next step and learn to be a featured player in the offense. But for now he just needs to score when he is open and should score.

Dou - Cataclysmo - 03-08-2020 08:53 AM

We need both Dou and Vogt to play at a starting level. Otherwise we're gonna be starting a true freshman at the 4 next year. That's it.

RE: Dou - skyblade - 03-08-2020 08:55 AM

(03-08-2020 12:09 AM)Lush Wrote:  dou was a late season coup for mick. when you look back on it, maybe mick wasn't such a bad developer of bigs; i'm pretty sure mick would've gotten dou in working order; the talent is evident

Dou was exactly the type of player Mick always dreamed of finding. A low ranked recruit, with shooting ability and NBA level athleticism, who mostly needed experience at playing the game of basketball. Diarra seems to have picked up defense and playing with energy from Mick, now Brannen should help him really flourish on the offensive end over the next couple years.

Dou - Cataclysmo - 03-08-2020 09:01 AM

Dou has struggled on defense all year, even as he's stepped up the last two weeks. Not sure how much he'd have played with Mick still around. Think Eliel would've gotten the nod due to his rebounding.

RE: Dou - skyblade - 03-08-2020 09:01 AM

(03-08-2020 08:53 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  We need both Dou and Vogt to play at a starting level. Otherwise we're gonna be starting a true freshman at the 4 next year. That's it.

My concern is that right now, Dou plays much better as the 5 than he does as the 4. He has an off-season to figure out the 4. But given that Brannen wants to spread the floor on offense, I wouldn't be surprised to see getting Dou get 20-25 minutes as the starting 5 next year and 5-10 more at the 4. That would leave 15-20 minutes for Vogt at the 5 and 30 minutes at the 4 for Eason, Prince, Davenport and/or somebody not on the team yet.

RE: Dou - HoopsJunky - 03-08-2020 09:13 AM

big upside

needs to get stronger and put on 20 pounds

if the game ever slows down for him could be really good

RE: Dou - dsquare - 03-08-2020 09:23 AM

(03-08-2020 09:01 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Dou has struggled on defense all year, even as he's stepped up the last two weeks. Not sure how much he'd have played with Mick still around. Think Eliel would've gotten the nod due to his rebounding.

Yep, he' been much better for a reason they hide him at the top of the 1/3/1 which absolves him from man coverage. I doubt because of his body type he's ever going to add a lot of bulk. He's 3 years on training right now. However, he can get stronger and used to more minutes. Getting tired is typically not a trait of kids with his build. However, foul trouble in the man is his Achilles heal.

RE: Dou - skyblade - 03-08-2020 09:25 AM

(03-08-2020 09:01 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Dou has struggled on defense all year, even as he's stepped up the last two weeks. Not sure how much he'd have played with Mick still around. Think Eliel would've gotten the nod due to his rebounding.

He has room to improve on defense, but he has been a good defender overall. He has the second best DRTG on the team on both the season and in conference (Scott is 1st). He has had to learn the new defensive scheme, which has taken him some time. Mick was playing him over Nsoseme at the end of last year and I'd guess that would have continued this season.

Dou - Cataclysmo - 03-08-2020 09:32 AM

Yeah... He's not the second best defender on the team though. He blows assignments often and leaves guys wide open. Maybe it's hard to track because the person who closes out ends up being a help defender.

That said, he's beginning to find his way down low. With his bounce he needs to learn to stay on his feet and anticipate blocks a little better. Same problem Justin Jackson had until year 4, so I'm hopeful for Dou. But we saw this year how teams figured Vogt out from the tape. If Mamadou starts getting 20+ minutes every night they're going to attack him full stop.

RE: Dou - dsquare - 03-08-2020 09:35 AM

(03-08-2020 09:32 AM)Cataclysmo Wrote:  Yeah... He's not the second best defender on the team though. He blows assignments often and leaves guys wide open. Maybe it's hard to track because the person who closes out ends up being a help defender.

That said, he's beginning to find his way down low. With his bounce he needs to learn to stay on his feet and anticipate blocks a little better. Same problem Justin Jackson had until year 4, so I'm hopeful for Dou. But we saw this year how teams figured Vogt out from the tape. If Mamadou starts getting 20+ minutes every night they're going to attack him full stop.

+1, you better back that one the heck up. You lose a lot of credibility with that. We would not have won 20 games if he was the 2nd best in any defensive category.