CSNbbs
On to Houston - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: On to Houston (/thread-895588.html)

Pages: 1 2

On to Houston - fsquid - 03-05-2020 11:12 PM

We gonna sweep them ****.

RE: On to Houston - holyterror - 03-05-2020 11:13 PM

I like our chances.

RE: On to Houston - aTxTIGER - 03-05-2020 11:14 PM

Houston has had offensive issues for awhile. If we can play defense the way we have we can hang with them on the road.

RE: On to Houston - snowtiger - 03-05-2020 11:33 PM

Lost to Huskies

77-71

RE: On to Houston - EvilLore - 03-05-2020 11:39 PM

Tigers won 4 of last 5.

Gonna make it 5 of 6 on Sunday

RE: On to Houston - ImaTiger - 03-05-2020 11:42 PM

Death to the infidel;
No mercy for the weak;
Sweep the leg;
Death before dishonor;
No prisoners;
Don’t think you are, know you are...
I will make 800 feet;
What are we waiting for;

RE: On to Houston - uskjtc02 - 03-05-2020 11:47 PM

(03-05-2020 11:39 PM)EvilLore Wrote:  Tigers won 4 of last 5.

Gonna make it 5 of 6 on Sunday

I like the way you think! GTG!

RE: On to Houston - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-06-2020 09:02 AM

UConn was at home and so will Houston be when we meet but I still like our chances if we can repeat last nights defensive performance and kick our FG% up a notch or 3. We can't rely on Harris to get hot from beyond the arc again to win against them although it would be awesome if he did. Precious needs to have a career night and Baugh and Boogie have to start hitting those easy shots, especially Baugh. He has such great moves to the bucket but just can't seem to finish what look like easy layups. WSU didn't take really advantage of the mismatches when Harris and Alo were in but I doubt Houston makes that same mistake. But who knows, if Tyler continues to take advantage of the screens set for him the size differential may not matter as much as it has for most of the season. He was an absolute beast last night. ALo had a horrible first half but really settled in nicely when he got the start in the second half because - and I'm assuming this - of the Baugh injury.

I also saw Penny yank Alex after a turnover in the first half and he really got in his face, that might have made a difference. It was the first time all season that I can remember seeing him yanked for a bad play and being chastised for it because he really did play differently in the second half. He made a couple of ill advised 3 attempts but didn't turn the ball over once and made some really nice passes for assists and a couple of nice shots from 10-12 feet out with a couple of really nice layups finishing with 8 points, 4 assists and 2 blocks.

The intensity level last night was off the charts for almost the entire game too. I was dreading the closing stretch but we never really let up that much. Just gotta stay focused against Houston and take care of the ball!

And the coaching last night was as good as I've seen all year, nice job Penny.

GTG!

RE: On to Houston - tigerlands - 03-06-2020 09:11 AM

(03-05-2020 11:12 PM)fsquid Wrote:  We gonna sweep them motherfuckers.

OMG that would be so sweet. Go Tigers, sink the Flagship.

On to Houston - fsquid - 03-06-2020 09:16 AM

With our defense, anything is possible

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RE: On to Houston - uskjtc02 - 03-06-2020 09:22 AM

(03-06-2020 09:02 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  UConn was at home and so will Houston be when we meet but I still like our chances if we can repeat last nights defensive performance and kick our FG% up a notch or 3. We can't rely on Harris to get hot from beyond the arc again to win against them although it would be awesome if he did. Precious needs to have a career night and Baugh and Boogie have to start hitting those easy shots, especially Baugh. He has such great moves to the bucket but just can't seem to finish what look like easy layups. WSU didn't take really advantage of the mismatches when Harris and Alo were in but I doubt Houston makes that same mistake. But who knows, if Tyler continues to take advantage of the screens set for him the size differential may not matter as much as it has for most of the season. He was an absolute beast last night. ALo had a horrible first half but really settled in nicely when he got the start in the second half because - and I'm assuming this - of the Baugh injury.

I also saw Penny yank Alex after a turnover in the first half and he really got in his face, that might have made a difference. It was the first time all season that I can remember seeing him yanked for a bad play and being chastised for it because he really did play differently in the second half. He made a couple of ill advised 3 attempts but didn't turn the ball over once and made some really nice passes for assists and a couple of nice shots from 10-12 feet out with a couple of really nice layups finishing with 8 points, 4 assists and 2 blocks.

The intensity level last night was off the charts for almost the entire game too. I was dreading the closing stretch but we never really let up that much. Just gotta stay focused against Houston and take care of the ball!

And the coaching last night was as good as I've seen all year, nice job Penny.

GTG!

Yep. Have to agree.

RE: On to Houston - true_blue_thru_and_thru - 03-06-2020 09:30 AM

Our Defense + 10 or less TO's = Win

RE: On to Houston - Stammers - 03-06-2020 09:42 AM

We play like we did last night or against Houston, and I think that this is our team. We play like we did against SMU or USF and I think that this is our team. The problem is that I'm right both times. The sad thing is that the only real difference between the good and bad team is turnovers and free throw shooting; which should be the easiest things to fix. If we don't turn the ball over and make free throws, we can still win most games even if we don't shoot well.

If we win the next two, we should be in.

RE: On to Houston - BartlettTigerFan - 03-06-2020 09:47 AM

(03-06-2020 09:42 AM)Stammers Wrote:  We play like we did last night or against Houston, and I think that this is our team. We play like we did against SMU or USF and I think that this is our team. The problem is that I'm right both times. The sad thing is that the only real difference between the good and bad team is turnovers and free throw shooting; which should be the easiest things to fix. If we don't turn the ball over and make free throws, we can still win most games even if we don't shoot well.

Might have to win the next three.

RE: On to Houston - TigerBlue4Ever - 03-06-2020 11:35 AM

(03-06-2020 09:47 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(03-06-2020 09:42 AM)Stammers Wrote:  We play like we did last night or against Houston, and I think that this is our team. We play like we did against SMU or USF and I think that this is our team. The problem is that I'm right both times. The sad thing is that the only real difference between the good and bad team is turnovers and free throw shooting; which should be the easiest things to fix. If we don't turn the ball over and make free throws, we can still win most games even if we don't shoot well.

Meh, I still think we need to win the tournament. I think we may have played ourselves out of an at large bid and a depleted roster doesn't help either. But I'd love to be wrong.

RE: On to Houston - Tiger87 - 03-06-2020 11:37 AM

Magic number is 3. Win 3 of the next 4 and we are in.

RE: On to Houston - BartlettTigerFan - 03-06-2020 12:06 PM

(03-06-2020 11:37 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Magic number is 3. Win 3 of the next 4 and we are in.

I agree, as long as one of those is Houston.

RE: On to Houston - macgar32 - 03-06-2020 12:11 PM

(03-06-2020 11:35 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(03-06-2020 09:47 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Meh, I still think we need to win the tournament. I think we may have played ourselves out of an at large bid and a depleted roster doesn't help either. But I'd love to be wrong.

If DJ was coming back we could play the we are better now than before because we are getting our second best player back.

Now that narrative is out the window as well...But if we beat Houston and make the finals at least it is a conversation.

That would give us 24 wins...2nd most in the conference and 5 quad 1 victories (Houston 20, WSU is 48 and Cinci is 50).

That would give us 3 quad 1 wins in a row.

We moved up 5 spots in the Net beating WSU @ home. So if that is consistent we may move up close to 20 spots winning on the road and Houston, WSU neutral and Cinci Neutral. Putting us at ~40 Net ranking

But man we are going to have to play better than we have been playing to make that happen.

RE: On to Houston - Atlanta - 03-06-2020 01:02 PM

Keep TOs under 10 & WE CAN DO IT!

RE: On to Houston - Sundanceuiuc - 03-06-2020 02:43 PM

Survival Sunday.