CSNbbs
BGSU @ Kent State - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: BGSU @ Kent State (/thread-895411.html)

Pages: 1 2

BGSU @ Kent State - fallsdog - 03-03-2020 07:57 AM

The Flashes will honor the seniors tonight at the Memorial Athletic and Convocation Center. KSU is still in the hunt for a first round bye...I think. BG has already locked up a spot on one of the top two lines in Cleveland.

Go Flashes!

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - Muskrat - 03-03-2020 11:02 AM

The fact that the lines have Kent State a 4 or 5 point favorite speaks volumes about how balanced and mediocre the conference is this year. Normally, despite the fact that KSU bounced them two months at BG, the team in a conference with the best record would not be an underdog this late in the season against a .500 team, even on the road. I notice, too, that this is the first year in quite some time that nobody is talking about the possibilities of the MAC getting more than one bid, and rightly so. Although I certainly don't expect Kent State to win the MAC tournament, I wouldn't be shocked if they did. That is how balanced the conference is. Nobody scare me even a little bit. Stranger things have happened.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - luckyflash - 03-03-2020 12:56 PM

Senior night, good guys win a close one.

And yes the MAC is a one bid league. Zips have highest NET at 74. not getting an at large with that.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - goldenflash13 - 03-03-2020 01:01 PM

Kent could still get a bye, but needs 2 wins, 2 Ball State losses, 1 Buffalo loss and a tiebreaker win over Buffalo or 2 Buffalo losses.

Kent would have at least a home game unless they lose twice and EMU wins twice and also has the tiebreaker over Kent.

Hope Kent gets it done tonight.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - Muskrat - 03-03-2020 01:32 PM

luckyflash, IMO the MAC has been a one-bid league a long, long time. Only in the past there was always some people "dreaming". This year I don't think anyone has been.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - GFlash68 - 03-03-2020 02:29 PM

IMHO, the MAC does not recruit or attract good enough players to draw attention and crowds. Out of 12 teams, we are lucky to have one or two players with next level possibilities. This needs to change.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - Muskrat - 03-03-2020 04:20 PM

Excellent point, GFlassh68. I believe there are currently only two MAC players in the NBA. That's not very good.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - Muskrat - 03-03-2020 08:59 PM

Well, those betters who took BG plus the points still lost their bet. So, KSU is 3-0 so far against the two teams with the best record, but only 6-8 against everyone else. What an odd season.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - goldenflash13 - 03-03-2020 09:15 PM

Always nice to get a W on Senior Night

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - fallsdog - 03-03-2020 09:20 PM

(03-03-2020 09:15 PM)goldenflash13 Wrote:  Always nice to get a W on Senior Night

A team victory!! Lots of dudes played. Nice work!!

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - anti-zip - 03-03-2020 09:29 PM

That was good basketball and enjoyable to watch. Beck, Santiago, and Bainbridge all stepped up when needed tonight. Sad to see Whittington go out barely getting to touch the court. A lot of weak touch fouls called on him all night (all career really). Pippen and Williams obviously played great too.

Santiago's play and to a lesser degree Bainbridge's made it a tad frustrating that they haven't been in there more. You can't have role players if you don't give players roles.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - Muskrat - 03-03-2020 09:34 PM

So, I am right - they clinched a home game but can't get a bye?

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - anti-zip - 03-03-2020 09:47 PM

Uh oh, they let the Akron team cut down the nets after they clinched a share of the regular season championship tonight. How is Akron going to afford new nets by Friday in their financial situation!?!

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - luckyflash - 03-04-2020 08:24 AM

(03-03-2020 09:34 PM)Muskrat Wrote:  So, I am right - they clinched a home game but can't get a bye?

That is correct, Kent is pretty much locked into 6 seed.
Probable opponents for Monday are Miami or WMU

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - burden - 03-04-2020 08:25 AM

(03-03-2020 09:47 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  Uh oh, they let the Akron team cut down the nets after they clinched a share of the regular season championship tonight. How is Akron going to afford new nets by Friday in their financial situation!?!

They still have a few peach baskets and ladders so everything should be fine.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - burden - 03-04-2020 08:27 AM

Any word on Pippen’s ankle. It was definitely bothering him near the end of the game.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - Muskrat - 03-04-2020 11:14 AM

Burden, not just Pippen, but I wonder how long C.J.'s suspension lasts. I know Roberts has a groin issue.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - anti-zip - 03-04-2020 11:16 AM

Oh, Williamson was suspended? So we've had a Sr suspended for Sr night two straight years. That's disappointing.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - anti-zip - 03-04-2020 11:21 AM

I wanted to mention Pippen's tech quickly. I thought it seemed like a pretty weak tech. He was celebrating a big basket like most every player does but it looked like be inadvertently bumped elbows with a BG player (who didn't seem offended). He may have said something but the ref that called it didn't appear to be super close so my assumption is he felt he was taunting the BG player.

The reason I wanted to mention it is while I feel the ref was being over sensitive and the game wasn't getting chippy, this was probably a result of the reputation Pippen and this team have earned. I like that be plays with passion and energy but he needs to be careful especially since emotions will be running high every game from this point on.

RE: BGSU @ Kent State - fallsdog - 03-04-2020 11:40 AM

(03-04-2020 11:16 AM)anti-zip Wrote:  Oh, Williamson was suspended? So we've had a Sr suspended for Sr night two straight years. That's disappointing.

This sort of cr@p, paired with nagging injuries to multiple players, don't bode well for a tournament run. Who knows how it will all play out, but one thing you have to be in March is healthy.

I hope lots of guys play on Friday in what is ultimately a pride game.