CSNbbs
Who Do We Want to Play? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: Who Do We Want to Play? (/thread-895110.html)

Pages: 1 2

Who Do We Want to Play? - TribeinVB - 02-26-2020 05:49 PM

A lot could happen, but there's a real chance that Delaware could drop out of the 3 spot this weekend, which is what I would like to see. Obviously Tribe needs to win its first game in the tourney but if they do, I'd much rather play Towson or CoC (preferably Towson) than UD. Darling can just light it up and is a problem for us.

If CoC goes 2-0 this week (beats UD and Drexel at home) and UD and Towson both go 1-1, it could be a 3 way tie and CoC would get 3rd seed with 4-0 records against the other two. I think UD would get 4 seed over Towson based on their win over Hofstra since they split with Towson, but Towson would be 0-2 against Hofstra (assuming Towson loses at Hofstra this Saturday).

Hofstra getting UD in second round of tourney is what I would like to see.

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - Sitting bull - 02-26-2020 05:57 PM

(02-26-2020 05:49 PM)TribeinVB Wrote:  Hofstra getting UD in second round of tourney is what I would like to see.

Yes

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - WMTRIBE75 - 02-26-2020 06:13 PM

(02-26-2020 05:49 PM)TribeinVB Wrote:  A lot could happen, but there's a real chance that Delaware could drop out of the 3 spot this weekend, which is what I would like to see. Obviously Tribe needs to win its first game in the tourney but if they do, I'd much rather play Towson or CoC (preferably Towson) than UD. Darling can just light it up and is a problem for us.

If CoC goes 2-0 this week (beats UD and Drexel at home) and UD and Towson both go 1-1, it could be a 3 way tie and CoC would get 3rd seed with 4-0 records against the other two. I think UD would get 4 seed over Towson based on their win over Hofstra since they split with Towson, but Towson would be 0-2 against Hofstra (assuming Towson loses at Hofstra this Saturday).

When you say second round, I think that you really mean the semi finals, correct? That being said, I absolutely agree with your desire to see Hofstra and Delaware in the opposite bracket from us and square off in the semi finals.

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - Zorch - 02-26-2020 06:45 PM

Let's not let this thread give any of our opponents any bulletin board material.

Who Do We Want to Play? - Tribal - 02-26-2020 08:20 PM

You think our opponents read this forum? Bwahahaha

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - Zorch - 02-26-2020 11:42 PM

Well, we know plenty of JMU posters do, as do UNCW, Northeastern, and Drexel posters (plus Evan from Hofstra) so, yes, I do think folks from other schools come here. Also, I do believe that during football season nobody ever wants to talk about injuries, for example, for fear that opponents would get a leg up on info. So I guess only our football opponents read the board but not our basketball opponents?

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - WMtribe17 - 02-27-2020 01:24 AM

First round drexel/jmu 2nd round Charleston would be ideal

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - LION KING - 02-27-2020 07:42 AM

(02-27-2020 01:24 AM)WMtribe17 Wrote:  First round drexel/jmu 2nd round Charleston would be ideal

The Tribe is ready for anyone !!! it does not matter, bring them on !! No one wants to play the Tribe, No one !!

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - Tribe32 - 02-27-2020 08:03 AM

Except for maybe Wilmington. That's my worst nightmare. Hopefully they just get beat in the play in round. I don't think they are afraid of us.

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - LeadBolt - 02-27-2020 08:32 AM

There's no one we can't beat and no one we can't lose to in this conference. I want to see the Tribe play 3 quality games and then put on dancing shoes. Three wins that could improve our NET and hence seeding in the dance are preferred.

GO TRIBE!

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - WMInTheBurg - 02-28-2020 01:03 AM

I want to see the Tribe play someone non-conference.

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - wmmii - 02-28-2020 04:31 AM

(02-26-2020 05:49 PM)TribeinVB Wrote:  A lot could happen, but there's a real chance that Delaware could drop out of the 3 spot this weekend, which is what I would like to see. Obviously Tribe needs to win its first game in the tourney but if they do, I'd much rather play Towson or CoC (preferably Towson) than UD. Darling can just light it up and is a problem for us.

With Towson upset of Hofstra and CoC beating Delaware yesterday, we now to accomplish W&M playing CoC as the 3 seed if the following happens on Saturday:

Towson loses @ NE
Drexel loses @ CoC
Delaware wins @UNCW

Or you could really live in fantasies and hope JMU upsets Hofstra @ Hofstra so we are the #1 seed !! With this fantasy dream, then Towson wins @ NE to be the 3 seed to play #2 Hofstra again plus CoC and Delaware win Saturday so they are the 4 and 5 seed. True Fantasy

Who Do We Want to Play? - mrjoolius - 02-28-2020 06:16 AM

The obvious thing that will happen... JMU knocks off Hofstra and opens the door for a Tribe 1 seed, and then we lose on senior day to a surging Elon.

Who Do We Want to Play? - wml33t - 02-28-2020 07:00 AM

(02-28-2020 06:16 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  The obvious thing that will happen... JMU knocks off Hofstra and opens the door for a Tribe 1 seed, and then we lose on senior day to a surging Elon.

I made this same comment to my wife...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - LION KING - 02-28-2020 07:46 AM

(02-28-2020 07:00 AM)wml33t Wrote:  
(02-28-2020 06:16 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  The obvious thing that will happen... JMU knocks off Hofstra and opens the door for a Tribe 1 seed, and then we lose on senior day to a surging Elon.

I made this same comment to my wife...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing for sure, the Tribe are a # 2 seed or better, and through my rose colored glasses, this bracket sets up very favorable for the TRIBE

D.C will be rocking !!! 02-13-bananaCOGS04-cheers

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - TribeinVB - 02-28-2020 08:12 AM

Yes, things went very well last night and Hofstra looked very beatable when all those threes aren't falling. I really like how the seeds are stacking up for us. This Saturday against Elon is likely a preview of our first round game

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - Sitting bull - 02-28-2020 09:33 AM

Question: nbc already shows Hofstra as regular season champs. If we by some remote chance tie after Saturday, do we have a shot at the regular season championship (and NIT auto)?

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - tribeinexile - 02-28-2020 10:18 AM

I was thinking we would get the tie-breaker over Hofstra since we swept Delaware.

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - Tribester - 02-28-2020 10:21 AM

Never happen because JMU is well, JMU. But if we finished tied with Hofstra, we get the number one seed

RE: Who Do We Want to Play? - TribePride52 - 02-28-2020 10:42 AM

I think at this point, Hofstra losing to JMU has the same chance as WM getting to the final four.