CSNbbs
Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... (/thread-894537.html)

Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - mjs - 02-16-2020 12:13 PM

as they were actually underdogs in Vegas for both games. Not sure how they do it, but the folks in Vegas are certainly right a lot more often then the are wrong. I am shocked about the women losing 3 in a row, two of them to conference bottom dwellers. I just "expect" Joe's teams to get better, not worse come February. Now they play 3 straight road games. They play league leader Troy, twice. South Alabama, who is one game behind them for the 4 seed, twice and @ASU. Getting the bye to New Orleans is a pipe dream at this point. Holding on the 4 seed, is possible, with wins over USA and ASU, but will be extremely difficult. Getting to New Orleans still appears quite possible, if they get the 4 seed. If they have to play the mini-tournament, on the road, it will be very difficult. Realistically, they have no chance unless their play improves significantly. The only reason I still think that's possible is Coach Foley.

RE: Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-16-2020 02:18 PM

I am not surprised, either. Texas State is always a tough out, and UTA has a enough talent that they are not easy at home. But we have some things out of sync right now that we need to get fixed this week.

RE: Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-16-2020 07:35 PM

The good thing about magic numbers is that the other guy's loss is as good as your win.

Georgia State is only one game behind us at the moment. But . . . they have to make the Texas swing, and face Georgia Southern at home. So they have a tough row to hoe, as well. RealtimeRPI has them losing the Texas games.

RE: Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - mjs - 02-16-2020 08:03 PM

Interesting both of us control our own destiny. Either of us win out, we win the league title. The next 3 are very winnable for us. If we win those, I like our chances of wrapping up the title before we go to Atlanta. Of course, ASU is our biggest hurdle and we know anything can happen in that game.

RE: Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - MICHAELSPAPPY - 02-16-2020 08:26 PM

At least we have a week to get the sludge out of our system and get the juices going again knowing what is facing us in Jonesboro. Might be a good wake-up call.

RE: Not surprised the men lost 2 on the road... - mjs - 02-16-2020 11:27 PM

If things go the way we hope they will, we could be playing ULL a week from Saturday, on homecoming, to clinch first place. That could make it a fun afternoon.