CSNbbs
Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: UNCW (/forum-686.html)
+----- Thread: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time (/thread-894142.html)

Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - EvanJ - 02-10-2020 11:21 AM

Dodd won his first Rookie of the Week. This is the second season you had two players win Rookie of the Week, and the first season was 2010-2011 with Tanner Milson and Donte Morales. The CAA has Rookie of Week lists going back to 2002-2003, so before then either they didn't give Rookie of the Week or they didn't save records of it. 2019-2020 is the 18th season they have Rookie of the Week lists.

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - 82hawk - 02-11-2020 04:24 PM

Dodd has been adjusting to playing as a back to the basket post player and finding a way. He's scoring better now and is a superb FT shooter and shot blocker. Hasn't progressed as quickly as I thought he would, but nice to see him get this kind of recognition. Two great pieces for Burke to work with.

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - SEA33HAWK - 02-11-2020 05:09 PM

(02-11-2020 04:24 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Dodd has been adjusting to playing as a back to the basket post player and finding a way. He's scoring better now and is a superb FT shooter and shot blocker. Hasn't progressed as quickly as I thought he would, but nice to see him get this kind of recognition. Two great pieces for Burke to work with.

He's well ahead of Cacok as a freshman. With that, I'm not saying he will reach Cacok's level, but he has started very well. Considering he is playing as a big, I don't think he has started slow. If anything, he has been brought on slowly in a good way. I see similarities with him vs Cacok. I felt that way seeing his high school videos. He's already a better shot blocker and can help better defensively without fouling so much. He still has a long way to go, but I'm excited with what I've seen so far.

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - billthebighawksfan - 02-11-2020 08:05 PM

He played some good ball last week. Love the blocks!

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - 82hawk - 02-11-2020 08:47 PM

(02-11-2020 05:09 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  
(02-11-2020 04:24 PM)82hawk Wrote:  Dodd has been adjusting to playing as a back to the basket post player and finding a way. He's scoring better now and is a superb FT shooter and shot blocker. Hasn't progressed as quickly as I thought he would, but nice to see him get this kind of recognition. Two great pieces for Burke to work with.

He's well ahead of Cacok as a freshman. With that, I'm not saying he will reach Cacok's level, but he has started very well. Considering he is playing as a big, I don't think he has started slow. If anything, he has been brought on slowly in a good way. I see similarities with him vs Cacok. I felt that way seeing his high school videos. He's already a better shot blocker and can help better defensively without fouling so much. He still has a long way to go, but I'm excited with what I've seen so far.

It means my expectations were too high. I predicted he'd be a starter by conference play. It's not a knock on Dodd.

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - billthebighawksfan - 02-11-2020 09:17 PM

He has really come on lately so I’m happy with where he’s at for a true freshman.

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - SEA33HAWK - 02-11-2020 09:22 PM

(02-11-2020 08:47 PM)82hawk Wrote:  

It means my expectations were too high. I predicted he'd be a starter by conference play. It's not a knock on Dodd.

I definitely agree with you. But I think McGrath held him back. He may very well have been starting some games anyway had Burke started off the season a HC. Another reason would be Linssen was more seasoned to start. And we've not been able to afford to start both.

RE: Dodd is Rookie of the Week- You Have Two in One Season For the Second Time - jumpinmullet - 02-11-2020 11:04 PM

(02-11-2020 09:22 PM)SEA33HAWK Wrote:  
(02-11-2020 08:47 PM)82hawk Wrote:  

I definitely agree with you. But I think McGrath held him back. He may very well have been starting some games anyway had Burke started off the season a HC. Another reason would be Linssen was more seasoned to start. And we've not been able to afford to start both.
Bigs tend to develop slower than guards at this level and he had a ways to go from when I first saw him play in at Hoggard HS. Coming along nicely now and looks like he could be a solid CAA 4 man.