CSNbbs
THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: Old Dominion (/forum-688.html)
+----- Thread: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE (/thread-894024.html)

THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Blue_Trombone - 02-08-2020 05:15 PM

This is not a game thread, just a thread telling you that the 20 win Monarch Basketball team that has only lost three games all season (and all of them AWAY) are hosting the #1 team in the conference, Rice. These women have been grinding all season, are the one bright spot in ODU athletics right now and deserve your support. They only dressed 8 players this evening, and had to play with 7 for a significant part of the game after Adams went down with a shoulder injury, and they STILL pulled out a gutsy win vs a tough UTEP team out in El Paso.

I don't know how you can call yourself a Monarch fan if I don't see you there in the Ted at 6:30 this Thursday. Tickets are cheap, the time is easy, and the team is good. Bring your family, bring your friends, and bring your blue and silver! Let's create a hostile environment and support your Monarchs!! Be there.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Justanodufan - 02-08-2020 06:36 PM

(02-08-2020 05:15 PM)Blue_Trombone Wrote:  This is not a game thread, just a thread telling you that the 20 win Monarch Basketball team that has only lost three games all season (and all of them AWAY) are hosting the #1 team in the conference, Rice. These women have been grinding all season, are the one bright spot in ODU athletics right now and deserve your support. They only dressed 8 players this evening, and had to play with 7 for a significant part of the game after Adams went down with a shoulder injury, and they STILL pulled out a gutsy win vs a tough UTEP team out in El Paso.

I don't know how you can call yourself a Monarch fan if I don't see you there in the Ted at 6:30 this Thursday. Tickets are cheap, the time is easy, and the team is good. Bring your family, bring your friends, and bring your blue and silver! Let's create a hostile environment and support your Monarchs!! Be there.

+100

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - ziggy1 - 02-08-2020 06:59 PM

Disappointing that a bunch of us who could have easily made the trip from out of town had it been a Saturday/Sunday game now have to cheer from afar. Nevertheless, I've been very happy with our ladies' grittiness and hope they maintain that energy level, and more, when Rice comes to town. We need another outstanding performance from them and couldn't agree more that the ladies are going to benefit from Monarch fans being in the stands at Chartway Arena to help topple Rice. Go Monarchs!

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Monarchist13 - 02-08-2020 10:44 PM

I'll be there, bought tickets earlier today. Gotta enjoy this team under Nikki while we can.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - LetsGoODU - 02-08-2020 10:47 PM

I’ll be there. They deserve a huge crowd!

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - BluesTraveler - 02-09-2020 10:45 AM

I will be there too (always am). I frequently listen to the postgame comments of Coach Nikki on the radio. She often mentions how much she and the team would like to see more fan support. It would be great to see a good turnout on Thursday. It will be a tough game.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Sirloin Burger - 02-10-2020 01:41 AM

Could this 2020 version beat any of Wendy Larry's NCAA tournament teams? Hmmm, maybe.

The 2007-08 team won 32 games and was ranked 10th in the nation. Could a win Thursday night propel ODU into the Top 25 once again?

Nikki McCray has been coaching ODU for 3 seasons now but have we really welcomed her to Monarch Nation yet? 1,500 fans showed up at her first game and attendance hasn't been great since then. She's got a good product now with back to back 20 win seasons. What do you say? How about we finally welcome the Coach to Monarch Nation in person on Thursday night. OK great! We'll see you there!

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Mr.BigBlue - 02-10-2020 06:41 AM

Be loud and proud.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - monarx - 02-10-2020 08:07 AM

Wish I was closer. This one should be epic. The ladies deserve a large crowd like the old days for this game. It’s amazing what the right coach can do. Proud of the ladies.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - DaBigBlue - 02-10-2020 09:30 AM

Will be there to support the Lady Monarch, hopefully we get a great crowd for a tough challenge. Hopefully we can get some players back.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - ODUBB12BB - 02-10-2020 02:41 PM

Haven't been to a women's game in 10+ years. Just picked up 4 tickets to the game on Thursday. They have my attention again!

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - odufansam - 02-10-2020 02:54 PM

My family is planning on going. The team definitely deserves a good turnout.

THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - Cyniclone - 02-10-2020 03:20 PM

Still no votes in the women's AP and coaches' polls, despite a 20-3 record and 32 RPI, which is ahead of ranked Tennessee, Arkansas and South Dakota, among others. Maybe a 2-0 weekend with a Rice win would do it, though Rice isn't getting votes either, so in 2016 parlance, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - odu09 - 02-10-2020 03:34 PM

(02-10-2020 03:20 PM)Cyniclone Wrote:  Still no votes in the women's AP and coaches' polls, despite a 20-3 record and 32 RPI, which is ahead of ranked Tennessee, Arkansas and South Dakota, among others. Maybe a 2-0 weekend with a Rice win would do it, though Rice isn't getting votes either, so in 2016 parlance, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well, it is a little surprising that neither Rice nor ODU has votes, but keep in mind the ladies have 30 voting members for the poll while the mens has 64, so much higher chance in mens to get a couple of fringe #25 vote points.

I certainly hope that whoever wins in Rice/ODU will win both games this week and gain a bit more attention. Rice was ranked last year so it's not like it's that unfamiliar of a name.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - LetsGoODU - 02-10-2020 05:05 PM

Rice has 6 losses. We are the better team IMO. I said if we can go 2-0 this week we should start seeing a few votes trickle in. Let’s go ladies!

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - ODUguy1999 - 02-10-2020 06:10 PM

Will we have all of our players back. I know we were playing with just 9 players the last game, and some of our best players were out.

RE: THURSDAY 6:30PM - The 20 Win Lady Monarchs VS #1 Rice - YOU BETTER FREAKING BE THERE - NC ODUFan - 02-11-2020 07:09 PM

ESPN has ODU as one of First Four In the NCAA tourney, seeded 11th. They also have Rice and WKU in from C-USA. Sure would be nice to win on Thursday to move us further away from the bubble.