CSNbbs
Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment (/thread-893964.html)

Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - WesternBlazer - 02-07-2020 04:59 PM

https://www.uab.edu/news/health/item/11082-investigational-compound-remdesivir-developed-by-uab-and-nih-researchers-being-used-for-treatment-of-novel-coronavirus/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

RE: Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - C-Finder - 02-08-2020 12:29 AM

One step closer to a cure. 04-clap2 to the doctors.

RE: Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - C-Finder - 02-09-2020 02:01 AM

This should be UAB'S theme song04-rockCOGS

RE: Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - the_blazerman - 02-09-2020 05:06 PM

The coronavirus itself has been around for a while.
This strand of the virus however is new.
Seems to have been genetically generated.

I suspect there will be thousands of Chinese that will die as a result.

The best thing that we can do in my opinion is close off those travelling into the US from China and/or other trouble spots.

I do not believe a cure for the strand will be a quick thing but I am just speculating and am not an expert in that field.

RE: Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - BlazinBham - 02-09-2020 05:23 PM

Don’t eat bats, dogs, snakes, monkeys, or cats.

RE: Research conducted at UAB is reaching the front lines of coronavirus treatment - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 02-10-2020 01:28 PM

(02-09-2020 05:23 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  Don’t eat bats, dogs, snakes, monkeys, or cats.

If the USA had to feed a billion people every day like China and India each do, we might find such animals more acceptable fare for our tables. A student at WEHS told of her grandmother carrying plastic bags in her car to recover fresh "road kill", a trait she developed during the Great Depression when many Alabamians could not afford to go to grocery stores. They did not go fishing or hunting for sport but rather for dinner. You and your family ate whatever you killed.