CSNbbs
Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl (/thread-893729.html)

Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl - blazerjay - 02-04-2020 03:59 PM

Quote:DALLAS – Conference USA has announced an agreement with the Independence Bowl as part of the league’s future bowl lineup that will span the six-year cycle from 2020-25.

In this agreement, C-USA is guaranteed to send a team to the Shreveport, Louisiana-based bowl in 2021 and 2025. The C-USA representative is scheduled to face BYU in both the 2021 and 2025 seasons. The Independence Bowl also holds agreements with the Pac-12, American Athletic Conference and Army West Point during the six years.

https://www.arklatexhomepage.com/sports/local-sports/independence-bowl-foundation-introduces-new-tie-ins/

RE: Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl - notnow - 02-04-2020 06:43 PM

BYU was on the schedule before the mafia shut us down. I think.
Wonder if they got a new Field house too?

RE: Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl - blazr - 02-05-2020 04:47 AM

I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a team "pre-booked" to a bowl. Conferences? Yes. A single team? No. I imagine this would still have to be contingent on them being bowl eligible or on the top of the list if they post a 5-7 year.

EDIT: Maybe Army for the Armed Services Bowl in the past? Not sure. Still don't think that was booked years in advance.

RE: Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl - BatesUAB - 02-05-2020 10:36 AM

(02-05-2020 04:47 AM)blazr Wrote:  I may be wrong, but I don't think I've ever seen a team "pre-booked" to a bowl. Conferences? Yes. A single team? No. I imagine this would still have to be contingent on them being bowl eligible or on the top of the list if they post a 5-7 year.

EDIT: Maybe Army for the Armed Services Bowl in the past? Not sure. Still don't think that was booked years in advance.

I think Army and Navy both have some type of agreement. I know at one point Navy had a contract with the bowl in San Diego, I'm guessing because of the large Navy presence there.

RE: Conference USA signs agreement with the Independence Bowl - blazerjay - 02-05-2020 12:30 PM

Both BYU and Hawaii have both been "pre-booked" before. The bid is contingent of becoming bowl eligible in that season.