CSNbbs
Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders (/thread-893555.html)

Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - BlazerFromMD - 02-01-2020 09:16 PM

https://www.xfl.com/en-US/teams/washington-dc/defenders-articles/dc-defenders-roster?utm_source=xfl&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=team-newsletter&utm_term=dc&utm_content=020120&mc_cid=7e71238507&mc_eid=86880888be

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - josephblazer2770 - 02-02-2020 11:28 AM

Does B-ham have a team and, if so who is the Coach and players. Maybe John Fox can coach this thing.

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - BlazerFromMD - 02-02-2020 08:04 PM

no, they don't

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - bigdunks - 02-02-2020 08:16 PM

When does the league fold?

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - blazers9911 - 02-02-2020 08:28 PM

The XFL is doing some interesting things at least. A watered down NFL is not the way to go, I think they can be successful if they continue being unique in some ways.

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - BlazerFromMD - 02-03-2020 12:10 PM

(02-02-2020 08:16 PM)bigdunks Wrote:  When does the league fold?

They have better money backing them than the "alliance," so I think they'll at least complete a season. 03-lmfao

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - UAB Band Dad - 02-03-2020 03:17 PM

At least there is not a team here, so I don't have to endure another go round ofloyal B'ham fans supporting yet another try at spring football league only to watch the league go down the crapper. You'd think we'd learn after while.

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - BlazerFromMD - 02-10-2020 10:04 AM

The game was a lot of fun. There were 17K+ fans in 20K seat Audi Field and it was LOUD!

Really looking forward to the noise 25K+ UAB fans can make in Protective Stadium. It will be quite a difference from the huge canyon at Legion Field.

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 02-10-2020 12:30 PM

I watched the St Louis vs Dallas game on TV this week end and enjoyed it. It would be a good thing for our city to be able to have a team that would be mentioned in the same league with those and other similar cities. Such opportunities don't come around every day. I believe there is a good market for spring football, but our city has been the victim of leagues folding around us (even when backed by the NFL and the CFL). The USFL was successful in the spring, but one powerful greedy owner pushed for a fall league in competition with the NFL. It failed there due to TV rights monopoly by the NFL (CBS and NBC on Sunday and the new MNF on ABC)..

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - the_blazerman - 02-10-2020 06:43 PM

There were some AAF players who got a chance in the NFL.

If Cook can do the same as a result of this if he wishes, good.

RE: Rishard Cook makes final roster of XFL DC Defenders - BlazerFromMD - 02-11-2020 09:21 AM

(02-10-2020 06:43 PM)the_blazerman Wrote:  There were some AAF players who got a chance in the NFL.

If Cook can do the same as a result of this if he wishes, good.

He played every offensive down and looked solid. The Defenders only allowed one sack and it wasn't Cook's man that got it.