CSNbbs
Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt East Team Talk (/forum-289.html)
+----- Forum: James Madison (/forum-685.html)
+----- Thread: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M (/thread-893421.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Dukester - 01-30-2020 10:02 AM

There's starting to more and more talk about this game on various threads.

We should probably put them on one thread.

Quick summary:

Lou's asking the former players to come back.

'24 Will likely head back one last time.

There's been some talk about launching the streamers one last time in the Convo, but it will obviously be up to JMU and Lou.

Saturday - 4:00PM. I'm thinking why not? It's been been 6 or 7 years since I've been to the Convo for a Men's game.

Lotta memories.......

RE: Men's Finally at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - jmudukes - 01-30-2020 10:44 AM

(01-30-2020 10:02 AM)Dukester Wrote:  There's starting to more and more talk about this game on various threads.

We should probably put them on one thread.

Quick summary:

Lou's asking the former players to come back.

'24 Will likely head back one last time.

There's been some talk about launching the streamers one last time in the Convo, but it will obviously be up to JMU and Lou.

Saturday - 4:00PM. I'm thinking why not? It's been been 6 or 7 years since I've been to the Convo for a Men's game.

Lotta memories.......

Yes should be pack the convo

RE: Men's Finally at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - BSKB 24 - 01-30-2020 11:20 AM

Here is a copy of my invite.

Yes, I received an invite via email. It is a very nice opportunity for us. Lou is a friend and a great person. I hate that he hasn't been able to take the program where it needs to be. He works hard and is a good recruiter. He will always be a great Duke. It will be a good opportunity to spend time with some teammates and other Bskb alums. Maybe see a round of golf in there!

JMU Men’s Basketball Alumni,
The Convocation Center has been our home for 38 years, and now it is time to celebrate one final weekend to close down a facility where so many memories were created.
I would like to invite you and your loved ones back for a weekend of sharing memories and officially closing down the Convo. Beginning on Thursday, February 20th, we have a full weekend of events that include a Men’s Basketball game where will honor all those who have impacted the program, connecting with current players at a practice, and a happy hour social to share our favorite memories, while looking to the future of our program in the new Atlantic Union Bank Center.
Thursday, February 20th
- Men’s Basketball vs. Elon – 7 p.m., Convocation Center
Friday, February 21st
- Open team practice – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Convocation Center
- Men’s Basketball Happy Hour Social – 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Quill’s Lobby Bar at Hotel Madison
Saturday, February 22nd
- Open shoot around – 11:00 a.m. to 12 p.m., Convocation Center
- Men’s Basketball vs. William & Mary – 4 p.m., Convocation Center
- Alumni attendees will be recognized in-game on the court
We hope you join us as we pay tribute to the ending of one era and celebrate the beginning of a new. To claim your complimentary game tickets, order additional tickets and RSVP for the weekend’s events, please CLICK HERE. We know we do not have everyone’s most up-to-date email address, so be sure to share this invite and links with your fellow teammates!
We look forward to seeing you soon…Go Dukes!!!
-Coach Rowe

RE: Men's Finally at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Deez Nuts - 01-30-2020 01:47 PM

finally 04-cheers

RE: Men's Finally at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - JacksonHall - 01-30-2020 01:52 PM

(01-30-2020 11:20 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Here is a copy of my invite.

Yes, I received an invite via email. It is a very nice opportunity for us. Lou is a friend and a great person. I hate that he hasn't been able to take the program where it needs to be. He works hard and is a good recruiter. He will always be a great Duke. It will be a good opportunity to spend time with some teammates and other Bskb alums. Maybe see a round of golf in there!

The Convocation Center has been our home for 38 years, and now it is time to celebrate one final weekend to close down a facility where so many memories were created.
I would like to invite you and your loved ones back for a weekend of sharing memories and officially closing down the Convo. Beginning on Thursday, February 20th, we have a full weekend of events that include a Men’s Basketball game where will honor all those who have impacted the program, connecting with current players at a practice, and a happy hour social to share our favorite memories, while looking to the future of our program in the new Atlantic Union Bank Center.
Thursday, February 20th
Friday, February 21st
- Men’s Basketball Happy Hour Social – 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Quill’s Lobby Bar at Hotel Madison
Saturday, February 22nd
We hope you join us as we pay tribute to the ending of one era and celebrate the beginning of a new. To claim your complimentary game tickets, order additional tickets and RSVP for the weekend’s events, please CLICK HERE. We know we do not have everyone’s most up-to-date email address, so be sure to share this invite and links with your fellow teammates!
-Coach Rowe

Thanks for sharing - sounds cool.

RE: Men's Finally at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - jmuroadwarrior - 01-30-2020 02:19 PM

Men finally done at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W & M.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Dukester - 01-30-2020 02:23 PM

(01-30-2020 01:47 PM)Deez Nuts Wrote:  finally 04-cheers

03-lmfao

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Deez Nuts - 01-30-2020 02:24 PM

lol another good take^

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Deez Nuts - 01-30-2020 02:26 PM

Men finally done
February 22
William & Mary

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - jmudukes - 01-31-2020 08:27 AM

(01-30-2020 01:52 PM)JacksonHall Wrote:  
(01-30-2020 11:20 AM)BSKB 24 Wrote:  Here is a copy of my invite.

Thursday, February 20th
Friday, February 21st
Saturday, February 22nd
-Coach Rowe

Thanks for sharing - sounds cool.

The announcers said last night that the players don't get energy from the fans so let's show them on Feb. 22 some fan energy. They deserve it.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Bill - 01-31-2020 12:28 PM

(01-31-2020 08:27 AM)jmudukes Wrote:  The announcers said last night that the players don't get energy from the fans so let's show them on Feb. 22 some fan energy. They deserve it.

How much energy are they expecting from 900 people who had to sit through a 2nd half of watching CoC play basketball? We clap and cheer for every basket, steal, block, dunk and made free throw, but there are not many of them.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - ShadyP - 01-31-2020 01:38 PM

(01-31-2020 12:28 PM)Bill Wrote:  
(01-31-2020 08:27 AM)jmudukes Wrote:  The announcers said last night that the players don't get energy from the fans so let's show them on Feb. 22 some fan energy. They deserve it.

How much energy are they expecting from 900 people who had to sit through a 2nd half of watching CoC play basketball? We clap and cheer for every basket, steal, block, dunk and made free throw, but there are not many of them.

This x10000.......if you want energy in the building you have to have a product that will you know actually generate some interest and energy.

I almost threw the remote thru the TV every time the announcers made a comment about how young JMU is.......that is a freaking like, JMU is not young. The vast majority of the playing minutes are taken by 4 juniors and 1 sophomore.....with minor minutes from a senior and freshman. This is NOT a young team based on who actually plays.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - jmudukes - 01-31-2020 01:54 PM

(01-31-2020 01:38 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  

This x10000.......if you want energy in the building you have to have a product that will you know actually generate some interest and energy.

I almost threw the remote thru the TV every time the announcers made a comment about how young JMU is.......that is a freaking like, JMU is not young. The vast majority of the playing minutes are taken by 4 juniors and 1 sophomore.....with minor minutes from a senior and freshman. This is NOT a young team based on who actually plays.

Well we could at least make it the "electric zoo" on the final game in the convo. Pack the place. Might help the team to win!

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Purplehazed - 01-31-2020 02:01 PM

A sciffle trio of Alger, King & Bourne would engage the geriatric community.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - RamDawg - 01-31-2020 02:03 PM

Is there a way to "bribe" the MRD's with chicken nuggets to lead the student section?

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - Dukester - 01-31-2020 02:12 PM

(01-31-2020 02:03 PM)RamDawg Wrote:  Is there a way to "bribe" the MRD's with chicken nuggets to lead the student section?

Speaking of this.....

How much do the pep band members get to perform at games?

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - AssyrianDuke - 01-31-2020 02:29 PM

Depends on how many years they've been in PEP Band.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - HyperDuke - 01-31-2020 06:36 PM

Not sure what compensation is now. Used to be anywhere between $10-25 per game.

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - jmuduke10 - 02-01-2020 09:05 AM

(01-31-2020 01:54 PM)jmudukes Wrote:  
(01-31-2020 01:38 PM)ShadyP Wrote:  

Well we could at least make it the "electric zoo" on the final game in the convo. Pack the place. Might help the team to win!
No, we cant. Not with this team and not with how JMU MBBALL tradition has been destroyed the last two decades. The 20-25 people who still care are posting on here. Those days are long gone, let's face the facts.

Start a new one next year with a new coaching staff and arena

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: Men's Finale at the Convo Feb 22 Versus W&M - jmuroadwarrior - 02-01-2020 09:43 AM

Once again we cry
Sickening basketball, Sigh
Let the Convo die!