CSNbbs
Sorry we lost Chasse over it... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Sorry we lost Chasse over it... (/thread-892626.html)

Sorry we lost Chasse over it... - mjs - 01-16-2020 10:02 PM

but I am starting to believe we hired the right basketball coach. Darrell has put together talent and size like we have never had before. We just whipped a pretty good Coastal Carolina team, on the road, without 3 players (Kris, Evans, and Markquis[who played a couple of minutes]) that were expected to be starters at the beginning of the season. Darrell has proved to me he can coach by winning games with a depleted roster. We will only get better as Nikola and Marko get more comfortable. I may be wrong, but I think Darrell will stay here even if he wins- Can't say that about just about any other coach we could have hired. We have no seniors, who see the court, so the future really looks bright.

RE: Sorry we lost Chasse over it... - Robert C - 01-18-2020 07:13 PM

So far so good. Glad that the "unorthodox" hiring of Darrell Walker is panning out. Good times!

Also do we know for a fact that we lost Chasse over this? Could it be the football thing? Both?

RE: Sorry we lost Chasse over it... - mjs - 01-18-2020 07:57 PM

(01-18-2020 07:13 PM)Robert C Wrote:  So far so good. Glad that the "unorthodox" hiring of Darrell Walker is panning out. Good times!

Also do we know for a fact that we lost Chasse over this? Could it be the football thing? Both?

I believe it is an undisputed fact.

RE: Sorry we lost Chasse over it... - MICHAELSPAPPY - 01-18-2020 08:19 PM

(01-16-2020 10:02 PM)mjs Wrote:  but I am starting to believe we hired the right basketball coach.

It looks like you could be right. However, in this case I think it was a case of an ill-advised gamble that has happened to work out. Hope it keeps working out. Sometimes they do.