CSNbbs
Penn State football coach James Franklin, players named in hazing lawsuit - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Penn State football coach James Franklin, players named in hazing lawsuit (/thread-892495.html)

Penn State football coach James Franklin, players named in hazing lawsuit - SuperFlyBCat - 01-15-2020 07:23 AM

Penn State football coach James Franklin and several players have been named in a federal lawsuit filed by a former player, which includes allegations of hazing and then retaliation after it was reported.

That player, Isaiah Humphries, alleges in the complaint that he was subjected to physical restraint, simulation of sexual acts, and threats from other players including, "I am going to Sandusky you."

Jerry Sandusky, a former Penn State coach, is serving a prison sentence after his conviction on child sex abuse charges in 2012.

Former teammates Damion Barber, Micah Parsons, Yetur Gross-Matos, and Jesse Luketa were also named in the lawsuit, which was filed in U.S. Middle District Court on Monday.

Humphries claims that the four players "collectively orchestrated, participated in, and/or facilitated a campaign to harass and haze lower classmen of the Penn State football team," which served as a form of initiation into the program.

Humphries details several incidents, including lower classmen being overpowered and wrestled to the ground by the hazers while one of them would "place his genitals on the face of the lower classmen."

The lawsuit also claims the hazers would put their genitals on the bodies of lower classmen while naked in the locker room shower.
https://6abc.com/sports/penn-state-football-coach-players-named-in-hazing-lawsuit/5849510/

RE: Penn State football coach James Franklin, players named in hazing lawsuit - dbackjon - 01-15-2020 09:43 AM

FWIW - this was investigated by the police, and no evidence of wrong doing (at least to file charges) was found

RE: Penn State football coach James Franklin, players named in hazing lawsuit - bill dazzle - 01-15-2020 09:49 AM

As a long-time Vanderbilt fan, I appreciated the strong work Jim Franklin did when he was in Nashville. He is a very good friend of VU baseball coach Tim Corbin. I want Franklin to do well at Penn State for many reasons. I sure hope he and the coaches had nothing to do with this (assuming the accusations levied against the players are accurate).