CSNbbs
New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 (/thread-892344.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - SeñorTiger - 02-04-2020 09:31 PM

(02-04-2020 08:52 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 05:19 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 03:00 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  Exactly. There is no D in highschool...which is what Penny and the other coaches have been stressing. Even Bilas, who attended a Tiger practice, was impressed with the complicated D that Penny was teaching our players.

Hey... If some of you don't have the patience, that's one thing. Just please don't be so ready to accept and cave to all criticism thrown our way...then run with it. smh lol

I do not understand the black or white, all or nothing, approach. It can have both good and bad qualities. We can play phenomenal defense but still be really sloppy on offense.

Our players make high school level mistakes routinely in regards to ball handling and passing and shot selection. And that is what Clark was referring to in that moment. It really was the 4th or 5th pass we lobbed down court that was stolen and those passes and ball care were what he was calling high schoolish, not the overall play of the team.

When did burying your head in the sand become a requirement for team support? If anything, pointing out obvious deficiencies is a positive. It means we have obvious areas of improvement and growth to become better.

Why don't you get a street corner with a sign and a megahorn. The obvious hasn't been pointed out nearly enough.

And o yeah....who should we harp-on now that Lance Thomas has thrown down the gauntlet.

o never mind.

#Harp-on!

Not sure what your response is relevant to but by all means feel free to provide an approved list of topics and statements that we can post since come opinions are not on your approved list...

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - Tiger87 - 02-04-2020 10:45 PM

(02-04-2020 05:19 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  I do not understand the black or white, all or nothing, approach. It can have both good and bad qualities. We can play phenomenal defense but still be really sloppy on offense.

Our players make high school level mistakes routinely in regards to ball handling and passing and shot selection. And that is what Clark was referring to in that moment. It really was the 4th or 5th pass we lobbed down court that was stolen and those passes and ball care were what he was calling high schoolish, not the overall play of the team.

When did burying your head in the sand become a requirement for team support? If anything, pointing out obvious deficiencies is a positive. It means we have obvious areas of improvement and growth to become better.

There is no head burying. We ALL know 20+ turnovers is not acceptable. The difference is some posters like to mention this over and over and over, while not acknowledging anything else. Others of us don't ignore the turnovers - we just like to point out to you that other things are happening too.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - SeñorTiger - 02-05-2020 12:02 AM

(02-04-2020 10:45 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 05:19 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  I do not understand the black or white, all or nothing, approach. It can have both good and bad qualities. We can play phenomenal defense but still be really sloppy on offense.

There is no head burying. We ALL know 20+ turnovers is not acceptable. The difference is some posters like to mention this over and over and over, while not acknowledging anything else. Others of us don't ignore the turnovers - we just like to point out to you that other things are happening too.

Point away, 90% of my posts are positive toward the team and coaches... The post you quoted of mine acknowledges we play great defense. I just find it silly for posters to come in and try to control the narrative or conversation anytime there is a the slightest bit of criticism.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - mempho_to_diego - 02-05-2020 12:35 AM

Sunshine Pumping?

Is scoring 0 points in the final 6 minutes of a game acceptable to you - at home?

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - snowtiger - 02-05-2020 01:00 AM

Is the incessant chatter about our obvious shortcomings making it better?

lol

The unicorn done flew away and took our dreams of a final 4 or championship with him. It’s a harsh adjustment. We are now very close to being in building mode with some awesome talented players. That’s not such a bad spot to be in.

Can’t we dial it back just a little. We did go to the land of the dumplings and beat them not long ago. That seemed like a total impossibility.

Good times!

Ok I’ve injected a good memory. With that, I’ll go. :)

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - mempho_to_diego - 02-05-2020 01:09 AM

(02-05-2020 01:00 AM)snowtiger Wrote:  Is the incessant chatter about our obvious shortcomings making it better?

lol

At the end of the day, this is a messageboard. People can have opinions and post them in a manner which can warrant healthy discussion. I don't see anything wrong with civil conversation.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - bluebacker - 02-05-2020 10:42 AM

Shoot to get hot: shoot to stay hot.

I'd like to see a wide open, frenetic style of offense that produces a ridiculous number of shots. One to three passes and let it fly.

Press after every made basket or last free throw. Never let the other D get settled if at all possible.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - Tiger87 - 02-06-2020 11:40 AM

(02-05-2020 12:02 AM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Point away, 90% of my posts are positive toward the team and coaches... The post you quoted of mine acknowledges we play great defense. I just find it silly for posters to come in and try to control the narrative or conversation anytime there is a the slightest bit of criticism.

It's not the difference of opinion that triggers. We all have those. It's the phrases like "head burying" and "control the narrative". That is not what I am - or any of the others who don't constantly talk about turnovers are - doing. If I tried to control the narrative, I would have 500 posts over the pasts couple of weeks to try to counter the 500 posts about too many turnovers. I AM AGREEING WE HAVE TOO MANY TURNOVERS. Just preferring to read something different on occasion.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - Tiger87 - 02-06-2020 11:48 AM

(02-05-2020 12:35 AM)mempho_to_diego Wrote:  

Sunshine Pumping?

Is scoring 0 points in the final 6 minutes of a game acceptable to you - at home?

No, not sunshine pumping. Again, that indicates someone who thinks everything is perfect and continues to broadcast that. It is not. I've answered this a dozen times - we turnover the ball too much.

I like to look at the offset of a great defensive team countered against a challenged offensive team. I like to discuss growth of players, along with those needing to take the next step.

If you get off on laughing at the coach, knock yourself out. I'm done with the back and forth.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - SeñorTiger - 02-06-2020 02:32 PM

(02-06-2020 11:48 AM)Tiger87 Wrote:  

Sunshine Pumping?

No, not sunshine pumping. Again, that indicates someone who thinks everything is perfect and continues to broadcast that. It is not. I've answered this a dozen times - we turnover the ball too much.

I like to look at the offset of a great defensive team countered against a challenged offensive team. I like to discuss growth of players, along with those needing to take the next step.

If you get off on laughing at the coach, knock yourself out. I'm done with the back and forth.

Okay. If you do not like the conversation then start a different one based on your desired topic. However, when you insert yourself into an ongoing conversation and start making comments about negativity and posters only focusing on the bad instead of the good and in essence changing the conversation to what you like or prefer then yes you are attempting to control the narrative and conversation regardless of whether you recognize or accept that or not.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - TigerBall - 02-06-2020 02:39 PM

(02-05-2020 10:42 AM)bluebacker Wrote:  Shoot to get hot: shoot to stay hot.

I'd like to see a wide open, frenetic style of offense that produces a ridiculous number of shots. One to three passes and let it fly.

Press after every made basket or last free throw. Never let the other D get settled if at all possible.

We've been trying that and it has resulted in a turnover 20% of the time and 23% in our last 3 games.

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - Tiger87 - 02-06-2020 04:25 PM

(02-06-2020 02:32 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  

Sunshine Pumping?

Okay. If you do not like the conversation then start a different one based on your desired topic. However, when you insert yourself into an ongoing conversation and start making comments about negativity and posters only focusing on the bad instead of the good and in essence changing the conversation to what you like or prefer then yes you are attempting to control the narrative and conversation regardless of whether you recognize or accept that or not.

I said I was done, but just one more...

Anyone commenting on a thread is "inserting yourself into an ongoing conversation". That shouldn't be an issue here. So the issue is that I am making a different statement of opinion? That doesn't seem like that should be a problem for you.

...ok, now I'm REALLY out!

RE: New AP Poll 01-13-2020 - SeñorTiger - 02-06-2020 08:15 PM

(02-06-2020 04:25 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  
(02-06-2020 02:32 PM)SeñorTiger Wrote:  
(02-04-2020 10:45 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  There is no head burying. We ALL know 20+ turnovers is not acceptable. The difference is some posters like to mention this over and over and over, while not acknowledging anything else. Others of us don't ignore the turnovers - we just like to point out to you that other things are happening too.

Sunshine Pumping?

I said I was done, but just one more...

Anyone commenting on a thread is "inserting yourself into an ongoing conversation". That shouldn't be an issue here. So the issue is that I am making a different statement of opinion? That doesn't seem like that should be a problem for you.

...ok, now I'm REALLY out!

Good to see the point went way over your head...