CSNbbs
former UT Rockets on 2019 AP NFL All Pro team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: former UT Rockets on 2019 AP NFL All Pro team (/thread-891706.html)

former UT Rockets on 2019 AP NFL All Pro team - PaulJ - 01-03-2020 01:40 PM

Brett Kern 1st team
Diontae Johnson 2nd team

Only Alabama, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, LSU, Stanford and Iowa have more (6 others also have 2 including OSU), UT only non P5 college team with 2

RE: former UT Rockets on 2019 AP NFL All Pro team - MotoRocket - 01-03-2020 10:00 PM

wow - I don't follow the NFL much since there is no professional team up here in Detroit, so I'm caught by surprise with Johnson being named all-Pro

I watched part of a Steeler's game earlier in the year and from what I can remember, he caught a couple of passes for about 25-35 yards total. I did see some links to 2 TD passes he had, but thought he was playing sparingly. Congrats to him and hope he converts that to some more money quickly. I guess he was right in not taking my internet advice of saying he should stay another year like Taylor did to convert to a better draft position and develop a little more physically....

Kern - no surprise there. Seems like he's been in the NFL for about 25 years...

So Toledo has had at least 3 different All-Pro guys in the last 3 years including Hunt in his rookie year. Any others?

RE: former UT Rockets on 2019 AP NFL All Pro team - eastisbest - 01-03-2020 10:29 PM

Stanford had two, with one guy. How crazy is that?

So glad for Johnson. Right guy for the right team perhaps but I think he had the potential with any NFL caliber QB. It was a matter of getting into the rotation.