CSNbbs
This Tulane Game - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: This Tulane Game (/thread-891594.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

This Tulane Game - Reggie Favre - 01-01-2020 04:03 PM

The fact is, it is a heck of an opportunity to show the AAC that USM can compete in football in that conference. Sadly, I'm afraid we will get our teeth kicked in and will have the opposite effect on the perception of USM football. This is a gosh damn shame! This really IS a GREAT opportunity. Just imagine (you'll REALLY have to use your imagination here), if USM beat Tulane by 30+ points. Tulane has upped their game and aren't the door mat they usually are. They are getting some respect in that conference. If USM could cold smoke them, it would go a long way for the program and the argument to join.

However, no one is fired up about the game (including me), bc we feel we will lose and lose badly, bc we have zero confidence in our head coach and the direction of the program. Instead of having a really good or great G5 football team (and being excited about this game and its effects on the perception of USM) we have an average to below average G5 football team (and no one is fired up about this game bc of its effects on the perception of USM if we get cold smoked). This is sad.

RE: This Tulane Game - EagNBran - 01-01-2020 06:48 PM

Pretty spot on. Doesn’t help when your coach intentionally recruits players where our only competitors are Nichols State.

RE: This Tulane Game - HarborPointe - 01-02-2020 09:50 AM

I’ll say this. I feel better about out chances after seeing the rest of the AAC’s performance so far. Their top couple teams are solid, but all their 2nd-tier schools that were flirting with being ranked all season seem to have been a product of ESPN hype and them playing each other so somebody had to win.

Tulane isn’t gonna just blow us off the field because we just can’t hang athletically, but, yeah, my faith in our coaching & preparation isn’t high to put it kindly.

RE: This Tulane Game - EagNBran - 01-02-2020 09:57 AM

Do you believe we’re better than FIU?

RE: This Tulane Game - HarborPointe - 01-02-2020 11:41 AM

(01-02-2020 09:57 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Do you believe we’re better than FIU?

Probably not by much if any, but I’m not going to put a whole lot of stock into a corollary game from Week 1.

RE: This Tulane Game - oliveandblue - 01-02-2020 11:52 AM

Tulane is 1-5 in their last six. They lost 4 games in that span by 8 or less, which tells me that Tulane sucks in close games late.

I think those teams are better than USM, buuut if you slow the run early and don't allow Tulane to control the game you have a really good shot here.

RE: This Tulane Game - Black and Gold Battle Umbrella - 01-02-2020 01:35 PM

Starting MLB out.

RE: This Tulane Game - stinkfist - 01-02-2020 01:41 PM

(01-02-2020 01:35 PM)Black and Gold Battle Umbrella Wrote:  Starting MLB out.

you and me both....and I love me NHL....muh Blues are killin' it going into Card's season!

I can't watch this product.....it's a disgrace....

#refuseTTTheRefuse

RE: This Tulane Game - Black Diamond Reb - 01-02-2020 04:58 PM

(01-02-2020 01:41 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

you and me both....and I love me NHL....muh Blues are killin' it going into Card's season!

I can't watch this product.....it's a disgrace....

#refuseTTTheRefuse

Brilliant

RE: This Tulane Game - Reggie Favre - 01-02-2020 05:13 PM

(01-02-2020 09:50 AM)HarborPointe Wrote:  I’ll say this. I feel better about out chances after seeing the rest of the AAC’s performance so far. Their top couple teams are solid, but all their 2nd-tier schools that were flirting with being ranked all season seem to have been a product of ESPN hype and them playing each other so somebody had to win.

Tulane isn’t gonna just blow us off the field because we just can’t hang athletically, but, yeah, my faith in our coaching & preparation isn’t high to put it kindly.

Agreed

RE: This Tulane Game - Eagleyed - 01-03-2020 01:50 PM

We have a strong D against the run and they are a decent run team first. Main reason I think we win.

RE: This Tulane Game - Footballeagle - 01-03-2020 01:54 PM

(01-03-2020 01:50 PM)Eagleyed Wrote:  We have a strong D against the run and they are a decent run team first. Main reason I think we win.

Hopson probably just realized we had a game this morning.

RE: This Tulane Game - EagNBran - 01-04-2020 11:57 AM

Here’s the question: will Tulane make adjustments? Because that‘s when our offense has gone south all year.

RE: This Tulane Game - HarborPointe - 01-04-2020 12:21 PM

(01-04-2020 11:57 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Here’s the question: will Tulane make adjustments? Because that‘s when our offense has gone south all year.

We immediately go up by 2 TDs, and all I can think is “This is how the Tech game started.”

RE: This Tulane Game - stinkfist - 01-04-2020 12:55 PM

(01-04-2020 12:21 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  
(01-04-2020 11:57 AM)EagNBran Wrote:  Here’s the question: will Tulane make adjustments? Because that‘s when our offense has gone south all year.

We immediately go up by 2 TDs, and all I can think is “This is how the Tech game started.”

you and me both.....we went ultra-con with lead.....I'm sitting here shaking my fk'n head....you only have a 2nd rd. NFL receiver w/o a running attach just ...... wait for it ..... just running routes now....

thank goodness for our D....they've shown up today....

RE: This Tulane Game - shiftyeagle - 01-04-2020 01:03 PM

Abraham sucks so bad. Total rag arm who can't throw it vertically. No push up front whatsoever.

RE: This Tulane Game - stinkfist - 01-04-2020 01:08 PM

(01-02-2020 04:58 PM)Black Diamond Reb Wrote:  
(01-02-2020 01:41 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

I can't watch this product.....it's a disgrace.... I lied....

#refuseTTTheRefuse

Brilliant

as most masochists, I'm still watching...

RE: This Tulane Game - dothaneagle - 01-04-2020 01:25 PM

Instead of playing field permission with a ten point lead Hop goes for it 4th and 1 at midfield, runs slap up the middle which we do poorly. We turn it over on 4th down and we give up a FG to cut it to a one score lead.

Don't worry, Hop said going into the locker room we need to make adjustments. Tulane made adjustments after our second drive and shut down our offense. Why can't we make adjustment while in play?

RE: This Tulane Game - stinkfist - 01-04-2020 01:28 PM

dink dink dink dink dink....toss it over our secondary.....

who'd a thunk it....

it's scary how undisciplined our secondary is....

RE: This Tulane Game - stinkfist - 01-04-2020 01:28 PM

(01-04-2020 01:25 PM)dothaneagle Wrote:  Instead of playing field permission with a ten point lead Hop goes for it 4th and 1 at midfield, runs slap up the middle which we do poorly. We turn it over on 4th down and we give up a FG to cut it to a one score lead.

Don't worry, Hop said going into the locker room we need to make adjustments. Tulane made adjustments after our second drive and shut down our offense. Why can't we make adjustment while in play?

he's a fk'n idiot....there's no other way to frame it....

it's too easy to go short over the middle when they're getting blitzed every down with a 13 pt. lead.....

all Hop knows is how to corch 'scurrrred'.....that's what he does best....