CSNbbs
Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) (/thread-891208.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 03:42 AM

Okay, this is it. Fans here have clamored for a 'home' game vs. a name P5 school.

Temps should be around 50 today and 50 tonight. And, hear this, 72 degrees at game time on the field, something rarely said about Rynearson after September. Ford Field is sweet and a dream come true for the players. Don't tell any of our MAC brothers, but this is the best MAC bowl. Prime time on ESPN. The prime NBA games were yesterday. Today are left overs.

I'm guessing a crowd around 20K+ inside a NFL stadium with the MAC team being the 'home' team. (Ford Field, I believe, has 36K lower bowl seats. Doesn't appear they'll use the upper bowl seating).

The odds are moving to the Pitts.

Line: PITT -12.0
O/U: 49

Go Green.

Here is Ticketmaster. Looks like the Pitt side will be very well populated tonight. And the EMU side almost as well.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/quick-lane-bowl-tickets/artist/2317460

And bring home the Jolly Roger.... 04-bow

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's - 12-26-2019 07:13 AM

(12-26-2019 03:42 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Okay, this is it. Fans here have clamored for a 'home' game vs. a name P5 school.

Temps should be around 50 today and 50 tonight. And, hear this, 72 degrees at game time on the field, something rarely said about Rynearson after September. Ford Field is sweet and a dream come true for the players. Don't tell any of our MAC brothers, but this is the best MAC bowl. Prime time on ESPN. The prime NBA games were yesterday. Today are left overs.

I'm guessing a crowd around 20K+ inside a NFL stadium with the MAC team being the 'home' team. (Ford Field, I believe, has 36K lower bowl seats. Doesn't appear they'll use the upper bowl seating).

The odds are moving to the Pitts.

Line: PITT -12.0
O/U: 49

Go Green.

Here is Ticketmaster. Looks like the Pitt side will be very well populated tonight. And the EMU side almost as well.

https://www.ticketmaster.com/quick-lane-bowl-tickets/artist/2317460

And bring home the Jolly Roger.... 04-bow
This is a dream come true for every Eastern Michigan football fan! A primetime game against A P5 school in the state of Michigan! We're the only bowl game on tonight! A recruiting extravaganza of sorts! I can't sleep, because I'm sooooooo excited! I'm just hoping we play our game of the year, similar to Illinois! We're huge underdogs, so the pressure is on them to win! Lets support them tonight! Fight fight fight for old EMU...........fight focus finish!

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 07:19 AM

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=401135271

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 07:36 AM

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2019/12/26/quick-lane-bowl-eastern-michigan-football-future/2745021001/

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 07:40 AM

https://emueagles.com/news/2019/12/25/merry-christmas-from-detroit-football-holds-final-pregame-practice-at-ford-field.aspx

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - EagleHawk - 12-26-2019 09:00 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbmpjUZAvLw

Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - TheWoodenNickle - 12-26-2019 09:41 AM

Incredible opportunity for EMU. A chance to defeat P5 team on a national stage. EMU has a lot to gain with a good showing.

Looking forward to the entire evening.

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 10:22 AM

(12-26-2019 09:41 AM)TheWoodenNickle Wrote:  Incredible opportunity for EMU. A chance to defeat P5 team on a national stage. EMU has a lot to gain with a good showing.

Looking forward to the entire evening.

Agree 100% 'Nickle. This is a dream come true for EMU.

Remember a month ago we were sweating it. I said I thought we had a 75% chance of ANY bowl.

There were 4 teams in doubt (Liberty, TOL, Kent and EMU) and 3 suspected last bowls to fill. (Hence the 75% chance).

The 2 teams most often chosen to be left behind were TOL and EMU.

Not only did we not get left behind but we got the best MAC bowl game...02-13-banana

Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - EAGLE KING - 12-26-2019 11:21 AM

We better fill up our side. I hope we get some people who just buy tickets today and show up in droves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - EagleTough - 12-26-2019 01:09 PM

Let's go boys! Would be an unbelievable statement to beat a decent P5 team as 12 point dogs on National TV.

A big advantage goes to the squad that shows up motivated and ready to play ***** to the wall!

“This is going to be a very difficult challenge,” he said. “If we’re able to do this in Detroit with our fan base here, having a second winning season and winning the bowl, it’s going to be another major breakthrough for us.” - Chris Creighton

Mike Glass with the 'Namath' guarantee......... “This win we are going to get is going to change the way people perceive Eastern Michigan. It’s going to change the culture.”

......... they all know the significance, and I can't imagine these kids won't be pumped up and ready to play their a**es off!

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu79 - 12-26-2019 01:37 PM

Detroit News

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/2019/12/25/pittsburghs-lyke-crosses-paths-again-easterns-creighton-quick-lane-bowl/2747396001/

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - FrankAnderson - 12-26-2019 02:07 PM

Can't wait to get in that stadium and be a part of it. I think we'll have a good showing from our fans. I have people who don't normally go to games reaching out to ms to ask if my seats are near theirs.

Win or lose, I am proud of this team and this school. GO EAGLES.

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - truEMU07 - 12-26-2019 02:44 PM

Love looking at the TicketMaster page and seeing TWO sections on our side sold out!

I'll be watching from afar, but cheering loud for our Eagles!

Go Green!

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - fanfrompowellspub - 12-26-2019 04:38 PM

The Bahamas bowl is the best game.

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 04:41 PM

(12-26-2019 04:38 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  The Bahamas bowl is the best game.

Terrible stadium...

Very nice place to visit though.

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - truEMU07 - 12-26-2019 05:12 PM

(12-26-2019 04:38 PM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  The Bahamas bowl is the best game.

The best if losing money is the main goal.

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - emu steve - 12-26-2019 05:33 PM

BTW, no one has really mentioned Heather. Did Pitt willingly? unwillingly? agree to the game?

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - steve4840 - 12-26-2019 05:51 PM

So fired up for this game! want to win but honestly the coverage, showcase and national attention alone is a Win. I'm at Bookies now and its busy with a lot of Eastern people wearing Eastern gear. I saw 1 section is sold out, the other is sold out but I'm decently confident that is where the band is. Love seeing this. Go Eagles!

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - RamyEMU - 12-26-2019 06:05 PM

When I purchased my tickets, I asked the guy in the EMU box office said they were very pleased with the sales for this game so far. Hopefully it holds true(EMU).

Anyway, excited to see this game with my son tonight!! GO EMU!!

RE: Game Day: Pitt (Quick Lane Bowl) - truEMU07 - 12-26-2019 06:06 PM

(12-26-2019 05:33 PM)emu steve Wrote:  BTW, no one has really mentioned Heather. Did Pitt willingly? unwillingly? agree to the game?

I brought it up once and it got shot down.

The article from Detroit News certainly seemed cordial, at least towards CC.