CSNbbs
Should the Georgia Institute of Technology be made into a state-related institution?? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Should the Georgia Institute of Technology be made into a state-related institution?? (/thread-890615.html)

Should the Georgia Institute of Technology be made into a state-related institution?? - DawgNBama - 12-16-2019 05:43 PM

This is not to start any flame wars with Georgia Tech fans, but rather this is something that I really want to have a very serious discussion about. To me, the Georgia Institute of Technology is a very elite institution, and truly does deserve to have MIT, Cal Tech, etc. as peer institutions. That is a huge compliment to GT, and definitely not a criticism. The University of Georgia and the Georgia Institute of Technology are not peers at all!! They just are located in the same state and they have very different missions!! I have viewed Auburn as UGa's peer for years because of the universities' similar missions. The University of Pittsburgh, Temple University, and even Penn State University are state-related and not state(public) schools. Pittsburgh and/or Temple fans feel free to correct me, but doesn't state-related mean that you are a combo of a public & private institution?? If that's the case, I think that's something that the administration at the Georgia Institute of Technology should look at, and make as a goal, IMO. GT would be free to do things the way they want, with little interference from the state of Georgia.

RE: Should the Georgia Institute of Technology be made into a state-related institution?? - DawgNBama - 12-17-2019 04:03 AM

lock thread over here please. it appears no one wants to discuss over here. I'm taking this conversation to the ACC board.