CSNbbs
2020 Depth Chart Discussion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion (/thread-889358.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - Rabid Squirrel - 11-04-2020 09:29 AM

(11-04-2020 08:16 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(11-04-2020 07:56 AM)BigChilla Wrote:  
(11-03-2020 10:14 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-03-2020 07:41 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  
(11-03-2020 06:44 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  Remember how WR was considered the weakest position in O the last couple seasons? Is it now the strongest position? That’s not saying too much but it has SOME proven commodities.

QB is the strongest. It seemed thin after the season, with ALL the transfers. But this is the most talented room we've ever had.*

*Conventionally....no disrespect to the freaks that were Harnish and Lynch.

There’s some crazy upside talent in the qb room. But in practical terms, Bowers is the only guy who has thrown a pass at the FBS level. And as much as I’m a Bowers’ believer, his QBR at Cal was 122 and at NIU it was 122. Plenty of qualifiers to explain why it’s that low, but for now that’s what it is. Same thing at RB...talent,, no proof. Not saying the WRs are great...but Richie and tucker are pretty darn good and proven. Then there’s some highly ranked recruits behind them.

Guess we will know more tomorrow! Finally!!

Speaking of the WR depth - how about Dennis Robinson holding on and not falling totally off the chart? He was totally ineffective out there last season - but he has room to grow in to a role at WR. Some guys are late bloomers, so good for him not falling in to oblivion.

At 6’ 5” he’s a target size QB like to have. We don’t get many that size KG, Brescasin about all I can come up with.

His time is now.

I’ve been enamored with Robinson’s size since he got here. But admittedly I gave up on him last season. I really hope something has clicked for him and he comes on strong.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - HawaiiToNIU - 11-04-2020 10:58 AM

(11-04-2020 09:29 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-04-2020 08:16 AM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(11-04-2020 07:56 AM)BigChilla Wrote:  
(11-03-2020 10:14 PM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(11-03-2020 07:41 PM)HawaiiToNIU Wrote:  QB is the strongest. It seemed thin after the season, with ALL the transfers. But this is the most talented room we've ever had.*

*Conventionally....no disrespect to the freaks that were Harnish and Lynch.

There’s some crazy upside talent in the qb room. But in practical terms, Bowers is the only guy who has thrown a pass at the FBS level. And as much as I’m a Bowers’ believer, his QBR at Cal was 122 and at NIU it was 122. Plenty of qualifiers to explain why it’s that low, but for now that’s what it is. Same thing at RB...talent,, no proof. Not saying the WRs are great...but Richie and tucker are pretty darn good and proven. Then there’s some highly ranked recruits behind them.

Guess we will know more tomorrow! Finally!!

Speaking of the WR depth - how about Dennis Robinson holding on and not falling totally off the chart? He was totally ineffective out there last season - but he has room to grow in to a role at WR. Some guys are late bloomers, so good for him not falling in to oblivion.

At 6’ 5” he’s a target size QB like to have. We don’t get many that size KG, Brescasin about all I can come up with.

His time is now.

I’ve been enamored with Robinson’s size since he got here. But admittedly I gave up on him last season. I really hope something has clicked for him and he comes on strong.

He's big, strong and fast. But when you see him play, he looks lost out there. He wasn't an effective player in HS either....purely looked at for potential:

-108 yards with seven catches during his senior campaign.
-324 yards with 39 catches and 11 touchdowns.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - NIU1981 - 11-04-2020 11:21 AM

In his Huskies on Tap interview Coach Eidsness said Robinson and Tyrice Richie have improved tremendously.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - BigChilla - 11-04-2020 11:44 AM

(11-04-2020 11:21 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  In his Huskies on Tap interview Coach Eidsness said Robinson and Tyrice Richie have improved tremendously.

Good. Robinson’s size vs buffalo’s tiny starting corners should help

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - TXHuskieJA26 - 11-04-2020 12:16 PM

In one of the video clips on Hammocks Twitter account, Robinson catches a short hitch route, makes a quick turn upfield that makes the corner miss and takes off down the sideline. All I could think was, "hey he has some pretty good run after the catch ability, too bad he can't catch a cold!" I will be ecstatic if he is able to finally overcome that obstacle and contribute!

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - 7 - 11-04-2020 03:23 PM

(11-04-2020 11:21 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  In his Huskies on Tap interview Coach Eidsness said Robinson and Tyrice Richie have improved tremendously.

I think the easiest/most likely route to us sitting here in 6 weeks talking about NIU being better than is expected is 1. Bowers staying healthy and 2. him taking a huge step forward in year 2 of the offense. There's enough talented pass catchers with the two you mentioned in addition to Tucker, Crawford, and Rudolph that there's high upside there. I also think Collins should be able to slide right in at RB.

If Bowers can stay healthy, that's how NIU surprises.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - NIU1981 - 11-04-2020 04:08 PM

(11-04-2020 03:23 PM)7 Wrote:  

I think the easiest/most likely route to us sitting here in 6 weeks talking about NIU being better than is expected is 1. Bowers staying healthy and 2. him taking a huge step forward in year 2 of the offense. There's enough talented pass catchers with the two you mentioned in addition to Tucker, Crawford, and Rudolph that there's high upside there. I also think Collins should be able to slide right in at RB.

If Bowers can stay healthy, that's how NIU surprises.

Yes to all, plus the O-line has to be a heck of a lot better than last year. This coaching staff is really preaching physicality so we shall see. Agpalsa is a good coach, time for him to put his stamp on this unit.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - Teamduh - 11-05-2020 11:29 PM

(11-04-2020 12:16 PM)TXHuskieJA26 Wrote:  In one of the video clips on Hammocks Twitter account, Robinson catches a short hitch route, makes a quick turn upfield that makes the corner miss and takes off down the sideline. All I could think was, "hey he has some pretty good run after the catch ability, too bad he can't catch a cold!" I will be ecstatic if he is able to finally overcome that obstacle and contribute!
I'm 100% done w Robinson. He must be a all-world practice player. In the games he underperforms. Catch the ball is your job. Do that first then run. ( i hate talking negative on guys but I just want a guy to make a play and can't recall the last time he did and I soooo want him to be successful. )
Next man up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - TXHuskieJA26 - 11-06-2020 12:24 AM

(11-05-2020 11:29 PM)Teamduh Wrote:  
(11-04-2020 12:16 PM)TXHuskieJA26 Wrote:  In one of the video clips on Hammocks Twitter account, Robinson catches a short hitch route, makes a quick turn upfield that makes the corner miss and takes off down the sideline. All I could think was, "hey he has some pretty good run after the catch ability, too bad he can't catch a cold!" I will be ecstatic if he is able to finally overcome that obstacle and contribute!
I'm 100% done w Robinson. He must be a all-world practice player. In the games he underperforms. Catch the ball is your job. Do that first then run. ( i hate talking negative on guys but I just want a guy to make a play and can't recall the last time he did and I soooo want him to be successful. )
Next man up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Completely agree. Last night was his last chance as far as I'm concerned. Add the fact that McCray (our top rated WR commit last year) made a really tough contested catch and it seems to me like a no brainer what to do with the playing time at that spot.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - BigChilla - 11-06-2020 08:06 AM

Predictions for Depth vs. CMU:

- Champe might move in to a starting role
- Corners will be McGee ... and someone other than Thomas/Gandy (they both were playing soft. Gandy was picked on more than Thomas.)
- The D line stays basically the same. They did OK, maybe the DEs do some moving.
- Collins probably hurt his shoulder, he wasn't the same after a big hit, so we will likely see more Gregory/Waylee. Waylee didn't fumble...lets make him the starter.
- Robinson probably falls off the WR depth chart. Let's make him a TE.

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - SRprepfootball - 11-09-2020 12:36 PM

Where do I find the depth chart?

RE: 2020 Depth Chart Discussion - NIU1981 - 11-09-2020 01:46 PM

(11-09-2020 12:36 PM)SRprepfootball Wrote:  Where do I find the depth chart?

Here you go, it's the last page of Game Notes.

https://niuhuskies.com/sports/2020/11/7/2020-niu-football-weekly-releases.aspx