CSNbbs
Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. (/thread-889227.html)

Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - TrojanCampaign - 12-01-2019 04:19 PM

I think conferences should start considering the CCG a bonus and nothing else. Examine Minnesota this year. They managed to go 10-2 and avoid both Ohio State and Michigan. While Wisconsin played Michigan, Ohio State and Ohio State again in the CCG.

Another loss is going to put them at 3 and likely cost them the Rose Bowl. Where if the season ended right now they probably would go. I think the winner of a CCG should get a win but the loser shouldn't be penalized with an extra loss.

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - Wedge - 12-01-2019 04:27 PM

If a conference thinks that is of great importance, then the conference is free to not play a CCG, just like any conference is free to play fewer conference games in order to have more teams with better won-loss records.

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - kurtrundell - 12-01-2019 04:27 PM

Screw that -- you gotta win, baby. Hell, teams that don't win (or play in) a CCG should be excluded from the CFP altogether (Notre Dame, runners-up).

Ironically, Ohio State was a main benefactor of not having to play a CCG until the B10 expanded.

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - quo vadis - 12-01-2019 04:42 PM

You can't just pretend any game didn't happen, including a CCG.

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - Fighting Muskie - 12-01-2019 04:57 PM

I agree with the OP. CCG losers should not lose their spot in the bowl hierarchy to someone who didn’t earn the right to play in that 13th game

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - SuperFlyBCat - 12-01-2019 05:13 PM

Bowls want the most appealing team. If OSU made the playoff last year is a 5 loss Northwestern going to the Rose Bowl, no.

Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - indianasniff - 12-01-2019 07:32 PM

Yes
They should.
It’s called a resume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - Todor - 12-01-2019 09:22 PM

Should they also not benefit if they win in one?

RE: Teams should not be penalized for playing in a CCG. - ohio1317 - 12-02-2019 09:02 AM

Any game is a chance to borh shine and loae a bit of luster. You lose to a top team, you aren't going to take a huge hit, but you are going to take some. Thats the cost of getting to play the game ro begin with (where you can win something and move up with a win).

Side note: I prefer no ccgs and just to award champs old fashion way but if we are going to have, think both win and loss have to matter some.