CSNbbs
What Needs to Happen... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: What Needs to Happen... (/thread-889002.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: What Needs to Happen... - thanksjim - 12-01-2019 10:50 AM

CBS puts us in the Armed Forces Bowl vs Air Force. That's a new one.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - goldenflash99 - 12-01-2019 10:51 AM

CBS Sports has us in the Armed Forces Bowl against Air Force. Jan 4 in Ft. Worth!

RE: What Needs to Happen... - ilovegymnast - 12-01-2019 11:43 AM

What I have found so far is

Bahamas Bowl - 24/7 sports, college football news
Idaho Potato Bowl - sporting news
Armed Forces Bowl - CBSsports
None - Athlon sports

RE: What Needs to Happen... - anti-zip - 12-01-2019 11:44 AM

I wonder if the choices for who plays in the Bahamas bowl are limited due to what teams have passports in order. Word on the street is we spent the last few weeks getting that taken care of.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - dannyb73 - 12-01-2019 12:50 PM

(12-01-2019 11:44 AM)anti-zip Wrote:  I wonder if the choices for who plays in the Bahamas bowl are limited due to what teams have passports in order. Word on the street is we spent the last few weeks getting that taken care of.

There are regional places that can issue same day passports. Might mean a bus ride for all the kids that don't have them, but it can be accomplished pretty quickly.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - dannyb73 - 12-01-2019 12:58 PM

UB to the Bahamas Bowl is official.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - BuckeyeFlyerFlash - 12-01-2019 04:36 PM

ESPN current Bowl posts
Bonagura: KSU vs Liberty in Arizona Bowl
Schlabach: KSU vs Georgia State Camelia Bowl

just get us in one! Go Flashes

RE: What Needs to Happen... - anti-zip - 12-01-2019 04:49 PM

Here's another reason to hope for an extra game. At this point Trickett has 38 career FGs. If he equals that output in his final two seasons he'd be tied for 27th all time in career FGs and only 5 back of the top 10 all time.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - anti-zip - 12-01-2019 05:04 PM

To put that 38 FGs in perspective for the KSU record books, he needs 4 more to move into a tie for 2nd. The KSU all time leader is Freddie Cortez at 56. If he has a similar season next year to this year he could break our all time record during his Jr year. Basically what I'm saying, dudes the best kicker we've ever had... By far.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - Muskrat - 12-01-2019 05:27 PM

With so many NFL kickers struggling so badly, maybe Trickett will join Jo-EL and take his talents to the NFL.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - burden - 12-01-2019 05:50 PM

(12-01-2019 04:36 PM)BuckeyeFlyerFlash Wrote:  ESPN current Bowl posts

So far Kent is going to the Arizona Bowl, Camelia Bowl, Bahamas Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl, Armed Forces Bowl and staying home. The consensus is really impressive. These guys are experts??

RE: What Needs to Happen... - Muskrat - 12-01-2019 05:55 PM

There are no experts. Just people making money off the fact that they have convinced others that they are experts. You have sports magazines, sports writers, blogs, sports radio, TV pre-game and post-game shows and I'm convinced that all the sports 'experts" don't know anything more than the average fan. Nice work if you can get it.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - Sultan of Euphonistan - 12-01-2019 06:28 PM

Besides on something like this it is very hard to come to a consensus because the info is so limited, with a lot of variables, and you never know the wheeling and dealing in the background.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - goldenflash99 - 12-01-2019 06:31 PM

(12-01-2019 05:50 PM)burden Wrote:  

So far Kent is going to the Arizona Bowl, Camelia Bowl, Bahamas Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl, Armed Forces Bowl and staying home. The consensus is really impressive. These guys are experts??

The Athlon projections haven’t been updated since Nov 25, before we were eligible. So disregard that. We are going somewhere, but none of the so-called experts know much more than we do.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - JimJoyce - 12-01-2019 07:21 PM

Put me down as someone who thinks this fairly young team would benefit GREATLY from the extra practices a post-season berth allows for.

Not to mention an added sell to any potential recruit who might be on the fence.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - dannyb73 - 12-01-2019 08:26 PM

(12-01-2019 05:50 PM)burden Wrote:  

They may or may not be experts, but we are going to a bowl game.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - KSUforever - 12-02-2019 11:11 AM

We average 1000 fans for a home game why would they think we would travel for a bowl game? Nice job by the team but I hope we save the few dollars we have in the department for something other than a bad bowl game.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - JimJoyce - 12-02-2019 11:17 AM

For all the times we’ve thrown money away on completely pointless CIT post-season basketball tournaments through the years I think we can spend some money on a post-season football game for the second time in half a century.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - Skinny Pete - 12-02-2019 11:18 AM

(12-02-2019 11:11 AM)KSUforever Wrote:  We average 1000 fans for a home game why would they think we would travel for a bowl game? Nice job by the team but I hope we save the few dollars we have in the department for something other than a bad bowl game.
Respectfully disagree.Kent is coming off a 2 win season with a Coach and staff that is in the process of trying to change the culture. I don't think there is a " bad" Bowl game for Kent. Anything that creates interest is a positive for fans and potential recruits.

RE: What Needs to Happen... - luckyflash - 12-02-2019 11:50 AM

Bowl games mean extra practice, team bonding and plus for recruiting.