CSNbbs
ESPN's Bottom 10 (Nov. 27) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Rice (/forum-444.html)
+----- Thread: ESPN's Bottom 10 (Nov. 27) (/thread-888915.html)

ESPN's Bottom 10 (Nov. 27) - Almadenmike - 11-28-2019 01:48 AM

While our winning streak has moved us out of the Bottom 10 (to the #11 spot!) ... we're mentioned in four segments of this week's column (https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28170941/welcome-miami-hurricanes-u-bottom-10):

ESPN's Ryan McGee Wrote:> 3. UTEPID (1-10)
So, if Akron and UMass are done, then why hold out another week to determine the final Bottom 10 standings? Because the Miners still have work to do. After falling to another fellow one-win team, No. 7 New Mexico State, UTEP now hosts Minute Rice, which had the gall to win its past two games and climb out of these rankings right before the annual UTEP-Rice Bottom 10 Bowl. It'll take a cataclysmic effort to leapfrog into first, but with a poor enough showing the Miners could lock down a spot in the CFP. No, not the College Football Playoff, the Conclusive Fight of Pillows.

> 4. Old The Minions (1-10)
Meanwhile, Ode De Yew... wait, sorry, ODU, caught Middle Tennessee at the wrong time, eager to take out its frustrations after its Week 11 upset at the hands of Rice. Now the Monarchs travel to Charlotte, North Carolina, aka the Queen City, to face the suddenly bowl-eligible 49ers. That doesn't seem fair. Aren't the 49ers leading the NFC West?

> 10. Whew, Mexico State (2-9)
Last week, when Baylor was in the Coveted Fifth Spot, I took some shots at the Bears' wet-paper-bag strength of nonconference schedule by pointing out that New Mexico State's lone victory had come vs. Incarnate Word, which visits Baylor in 2020. But I do owe Baylor fans an apology because I misspoke on ESPN Radio when I said that the Bears played UTEP, whom NMSU also just defeated. Baylor did not play UTEP this season. It played Stephen F. Austin, UTSA and Rice, which is WAY better than UTEP and Incarnate Word. So, my bad. Hey, quick question. What's an incarnate word for sarcasm?

> Waiting List: Minute Rice (2-9), (Not) New Mexico (State But Close) (2-9), the Vanderbilt team that lost to UNLV (3-8), North by Northwestern (2-9), fans of Baptist schools who tweet decidedly non-Baptist things at sportswriters, Oregon getting Herminated.

Let's get three in a row, Rice!!

ESPN's Bottom 10 (Nov. 27) - owl at the moon - 11-28-2019 06:33 PM

I thought happiness would be ESPN’s Bottom Ten in my rear view mirror