CSNbbs
Game Day: UofM (WBB) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: Game Day: UofM (WBB) (/thread-888831.html)

Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emu steve - 11-27-2019 05:37 AM

This is not something which happens very often.

The UofM women's basketball team is coming to our Convo this afternoon.

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - KPJ - 11-27-2019 07:58 AM

UM’s Naz Hillmon is a real talent. I’d look for her to have a big game today.

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emu79 - 11-27-2019 08:35 AM

Womens team off to slow start 2-3 last game lost by
over 30 to Southern Illinois
Not what I expected this season

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emu steve - 11-27-2019 02:16 PM

2 - 2 half way through the 21st quarter.

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emu steve - 11-27-2019 02:23 PM

UofM 8 EMU 4 after one quarter. Ice cold shooting.

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emussuperfan - 11-27-2019 02:50 PM

UofM isn't playing that well 35% we are that bad 11%. Just can't get the lid off the basket. Same as last game.

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emu steve - 11-27-2019 03:03 PM

(11-27-2019 02:50 PM)emussuperfan Wrote:  UofM isn't playing that well 35% we are that bad 11%. Just can't get the lid off the basket. Same as last game.

Never seen so many shots even miss the rim. 03-banghead

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - truEMU07 - 11-27-2019 04:49 PM

Size of the crowd was strong for a 2 p.m. Wednesday game. I'd guess 65% wearing block M, 25% wearing block E, 10% neutral colors.

Group of WBB alumnae in attendance, would have been nice to see who they actually were. Got a shout out but not much more.

Thought we had a chance to make something really happen when we cut the lead to 13 after such a tough start. This team has talent, for sure. Played very undisciplined today and looked that way against SIU and SEMO too.

Hopefully they can get it figured out before MAC play. Seems like the league could be won by just about anybody this year...

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emussuperfan - 11-28-2019 07:08 AM

(11-27-2019 04:49 PM)truEMU07 Wrote:  Size of the crowd was strong for a 2 p.m. Wednesday game. I'd guess 65% wearing block M, 25% wearing block E, 10% neutral colors.

Group of WBB alumnae in attendance, would have been nice to see who they actually were. Got a shout out but not much more.

Thought we had a chance to make something really happen when we cut the lead to 13 after such a tough start. This team has talent, for sure. Played very undisciplined today and looked that way against SIU and SEMO too.

Hopefully they can get it figured out before MAC play. Seems like the league could be won by just about anybody this year...

I heard grumbling during the game and blaming. Might be unhappy team.07-coffee3

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - emu steve - 11-28-2019 07:39 AM

(11-28-2019 07:08 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  
(11-27-2019 04:49 PM)truEMU07 Wrote:  Size of the crowd was strong for a 2 p.m. Wednesday game. I'd guess 65% wearing block M, 25% wearing block E, 10% neutral colors.

Hope not but unhappiness happens.

I've been becoming more and more aware of how team chemistry and effort effects teams (over and under achieving).

I follow EMU MBB and Washington Wizards.

Last year both tanked. Last year's Wizards were very well paid but played poorly all year and literally were rebuilt during and after the season. They are now a young, happy team and playing exciting ball (even though they have a losing record).

EMU MBB last year didn't appear to be a happy, cohesive unit and the underachieved.

This year the team is new, happy and cohesive unit and achieving very well.

It is impossible to quantify 'happiness', 'cohesiveness', etc. but in many games they surely must make the difference. The extra effort, extra pass, etc.

RE: Game Day: UofM (WBB) - Jerry Weaver - 11-28-2019 07:24 PM

(11-28-2019 07:39 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-28-2019 07:08 AM)emussuperfan Wrote:  

Hope not but unhappiness happens.

I've been becoming more and more aware of how team chemistry and effort effects teams (over and under achieving).

I follow EMU MBB and Washington Wizards.

Last year both tanked. Last year's Wizards were very well paid but played poorly all year and literally were rebuilt during and after the season. They are now a young, happy team and playing exciting ball (even though they have a losing record).

EMU MBB last year didn't appear to be a happy, cohesive unit and the underachieved.

This year the team is new, happy and cohesive unit and achieving very well.

It is impossible to quantify 'happiness', 'cohesiveness', etc. but in many games they surely must make the difference. The extra effort, extra pass, etc.

I think you are definitely on point here Steve. In the past three years we were the preseason pick to win the MAC twice and our best season was the one we were lightly regarded. A player who is primarily concerned with "getting his points" destroys the morale of those around him in a sport that requires more of a team effort than any other.

As far as the NBA reference, think Kyrie Irving. He left an NBA champion because he wanted to be the "alpha dog", elsewhere. He goes to Boston and suddenly they become worse. The counterintuitive definition of subtraction by addition.