CSNbbs
La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: UAB Blazers (/forum-384.html)
+------- Forum: The Gene Bartow Memorial Forum (/forum-388.html)
+------- Thread: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team (/thread-888522.html)

La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - UABDB23 - 11-24-2019 07:54 AM

I have felt all week that this was a really important game regardless if we could get back in the conference championship hunt for this season or not. This game is a catalyst for next year. Also a litmus test to see where this program is. This game was near the end of the season, with all our new starters and backups now with playing time, against a good opponent. I would love to see us back in the championship game, but if we don’t I still feel that a top 25 program is in the making for next season. really exciting stuff to have important games in late November. Go Blazers

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - B'ham Blazer - 11-24-2019 09:14 AM

We'd be a Top-25 team this year, if the offense was anywhere close to as good as the defense. A #94 offense and a #7 defense.

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - Smaug - 11-24-2019 09:16 AM

Quoth legendary 80s new wave rockers, Timbuk-3, "The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades."

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - the_blazerman - 11-24-2019 09:33 AM

It truly is a work of art when you see the defense making adjustments even before the coaches mention it. Outside of 1 broken play we were in decent position pretty much on every play.

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - The Answer UAB - 11-24-2019 09:35 AM

Our defense has a chance to be truly elite next year with all of the returning pieces. If the offense can move from pretty bad to even just truly mediocre, we have a chance to be so good next year.

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - BlazerGreen - 11-24-2019 09:36 AM

These are the schools still in contention for the G5 New Years Day spot:

18 Memphis
19 Cincinnati
20 Boise St
24 App St

I think UAB's defense is on par with these teams right now. Offensively, we've got a ways to go.

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - KevMo4UAB - 11-24-2019 05:07 PM

(11-24-2019 09:33 AM)the_blazerman Wrote:  It truly is a work of art when you see the defense making adjustments even before the coaches mention it. Outside of 1 broken play we were in decent position pretty much on every play.

That one broken play, or missed coverage, almost cost me a heart attack. Jeepers!

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - hooverblazer - 11-25-2019 12:03 AM

(11-24-2019 09:35 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Our defense has a chance to be truly elite next year with all of the returning pieces. If the offense can move from pretty bad to even just truly mediocre, we have a chance to be so good next year.

Yeah next year's defense should be special. We lose three starters (Marino, Mofor, and Dawkins), but we return so much talent and gain back Brontae Harris and Jarrion Street. Tony Fair is more than capable of taking over for Marino and we have a stable of quality linebackers.

I think the offense takes strides next year with an improved O-line, a healthy TJ and Spencer Brown, and returning our top two receivers.

On paper Miami seems like a winnable P5 game and our tougher CUSA games (except La Tech) are at home. I think we'll have the best shot in program history of going undefeated...

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - LairDweller - 11-25-2019 12:18 AM

(11-25-2019 12:03 AM)hooverblazer Wrote:  
(11-24-2019 09:35 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  Our defense has a chance to be truly elite next year with all of the returning pieces. If the offense can move from pretty bad to even just truly mediocre, we have a chance to be so good next year.

Yeah next year's defense should be special. We lose three starters (Marino, Mofor, and Dawkins), but we return so much talent and gain back Brontae Harris and Jarrion Street. Tony Fair is more than capable of taking over for Marino and we have a stable of quality linebackers.

I think the offense takes strides next year with an improved O-line, a healthy TJ and Spencer Brown, and returning our top two receivers.

On paper Miami seems like a winnable P5 game and our tougher CUSA games (except La Tech) are at home. I think we'll have the best shot in program history of going undefeated...

I love our guys, but I don’t think Spencer (even healthy), is one of our best RBs.
And at this point, I’m not sure that a healthy TJ3 is our best QB

RE: La Tech game was a momentum game for a top 25 2020 team - MAN4UAB - 11-25-2019 07:38 AM

I am certainly optimistic about our chances next year. I think that the defense will again be strong. It will also be interesting to see the competition next year for starting QB and RB.

Maybe we could add a few two back sets along with some misdirection to utilize more of the RB’s and reduce risk to our QB’s.