CSNbbs
MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CAAbbs (/forum-676.html)
+---- Forum: CAA Conference Talk (/forum-677.html)
+----- Forum: William & Mary (/forum-691.html)
+----- Thread: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford (/thread-888062.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - mrjoolius - 11-19-2019 07:47 AM

11/21 10pm eastern
Pac 12 network
Stanford (4-0)

PG Terry 6'1 160lb (31 min) 15pt/4ast
G Davis 6'3 185lb (31 min) 10pt/
G Wills 6'6 195lb (30 min) 6pt/4reb
F Jones 6'7 195lb (25 min) 9pt/4reb
F Da Silva 6'9 225lb (26 min) 16pt/6reb
-------------------
F Delaire 6'9 200lb (17 min) 8pt
F Kisunas 6'10 245lb (13 min) 4pt/5reb
F Keefe 6'9 220 (13 min) 4pt/2reb

Not as big or physical as Oklahoma, and they rely on freshmen for key minutes. Definitely a team that I see having a hard time dealing our inside duo. Much like Oklahoma, they rely on big contributions from their freshman point guard. With the age and physical differences, hopefully this is a matchup Bryce can exploit.

On paper, there aren't many positions that Stanford should hold the edge. We are bigger and more mature. If we defend and bring a similar effort as Monday, this should be a W.

As noted earlier, they play a not-so-good UM-Eastern Shore tonight and will be meeting us on short rest/prep.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Tribe3455 - 11-19-2019 08:53 AM

Definitely a winnable game but this is a tough road swing for any team. Hard to know how they will respond. But I like our chances.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - TDenverFan - 11-19-2019 10:52 AM

Da Silva is probably the best big Nate will have faced so far, probably Stanford's best player. Leads them in points and boards, and also averages a couple of assists per game. Not as good a shooter as Nate, but a talented player

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Zorch - 11-19-2019 11:05 AM

(11-19-2019 07:47 AM)mrjoolius Wrote:  .... Definitely a team that I see having a hard time dealing our inside duo.

I agree -- as long as our inside duo is playing on the inside. As I stated in the Oklahoma thread, I thought that AVV was taking too many outside shots at the end of the game instead of being in the middle (with Nate) to pound it inside. They are only an inside duo if both are playing on the inside.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - zablenoise - 11-19-2019 11:13 AM

(11-19-2019 11:05 AM)Zorch Wrote:  I agree -- as long as our inside duo is playing on the inside. As I stated in the Oklahoma thread, I thought that AVV was taking too many outside shots at the end of the game instead of being in the middle (with Nate) to pound it inside. They are only an inside duo if both are playing on the inside.

Agreed Zorch. There needs to be an emphasis on playing inside out. Our first option should always be Nate or Andy right at the rim.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - bubbadog57 - 11-19-2019 01:31 PM

We are actually going into a Power 5 road game believing we may win! Wow!

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - namtrag - 11-19-2019 05:07 PM

With a player like Nate, we can win any game we play this year. I wonder if Coach gives him the green light every possession if he thinks he can score? He is that good. Doolittle is a really good player and Nate made him look bad several times.

MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - mrjoolius - 11-19-2019 06:18 PM

With the 10pm eastern start time, this guy here will have to read all about how it went Friday morning.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - billymac - 11-19-2019 06:43 PM

I'm just going to go with the "no sleep" approach.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - tribeinexile - 11-19-2019 06:56 PM

In December of 1976 the Tribe played UCLA at Pauley Pavilion when that still meant something. I stayed up listening to the game on WBCI and I had hall mates who lived out of area who stayed up to hear from me in case we won.

We led at half-time and I think we only lost by 4.

The point is staying up for West Coast games is part of the job for a Tribe fan.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Tribeheart - 11-19-2019 11:13 PM

Stanford up, 46-16, at the half against winless
Md-Eastern Shore. Hard to get a gauge, but they are fundamentally solid, especially on the defensive end, with a lot of defensive help in the post. This may be a tougher game for us than Oklahoma, as they are a smart team, and they're bigger. Foul situation may make the game difference for either team with respect to size depth, and we know who the home and P5 team is. We will need to play collectively at our best, and are going to have to shoot better from beyond the arc to open up the middle, as well as, defend the arc well.

Announcers praised the Tribe often and made it apparent that Stanford is expecting a very tough game Thursday night. Any surprise element is gone.

Sparse crowd, so, can hear every word from obnoxious students belittling opponent players. Very annoying to listen to.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - WMTRIBE75 - 11-20-2019 09:12 AM

(11-19-2019 06:56 PM)tribeinexile Wrote:  In December of 1976 the Tribe played UCLA at Pauley Pavilion when that still meant something. I stayed up listening to the game on WBCI and I had hall mates who lived out of area who stayed up to hear from me in case we won.

We led at half-time and I think we only lost by 4.

The point is staying up for West Coast games is part of the job for a Tribe fan.

If I recall correctly, it was the first time that they had ever trailed at halftime at Pauley to a non conference team. Also back in those days our play by play guy was Hampton Roads radio personality legend Dick Lamb.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - billymac - 11-20-2019 09:41 AM

Yeah, I stayed up for that one, as well. Had a much greater tolerance for the late night back then... 03-tired

Matt Courage (always rail thin, but very talented) really surprised the west coast fans. He was 8 of 13 from the floor and had 7 rebounds and 2 assists, to keep the Tribe (Indians) in it, while battling Bruins greats David Greenwood and Marques Johnson all night. W&M Hall of Famer John Lowenhaupt had his typical 14 points, 6 boards, 1 assist all-around performance and Mike Enoch had one of his stronger games, going a perfect 4 for 4 from the floor, 5 of 6 from the foul line, for 13 points, plus 4 boards and 3 assists.
It was a yeoman effort for the starters, with Courage, Lowenhaupt and Enoch playing almost the entire game (37-39 minutes each).

Jack Arbogast and John "Kraze" Kratzer also started for W&M, with Tom O'Gorman coming in for Kraze early (injury?) and playing 30 minutes. Kiki Vanderweghe and James Wilkes were also on that UCLA squad that went 24-5 and won the Pac-8.

...and that's your "Look back in history" for December 23rd, 1976.

07-coffee3 03-wink

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - tribeinexile - 11-20-2019 10:09 AM

For me, Matt Courage and Dennis Vail were our original Twin Towers.

My apologies to those who don’t see the point in reminiscing about a West Coast swing from 43 years ago!

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - WMTRIBE75 - 11-20-2019 10:25 AM

(11-20-2019 09:41 AM)billymac Wrote:  Yeah, I stayed up for that one, as well. Had a much greater tolerance for the late night back then... 03-tired

Matt Courage (always rail thin, but very talented) really surprised the west coast fans. He was 8 of 13 from the floor and had 7 rebounds and 2 assists, to keep the Tribe (Indians) in it, while battling Bruins greats David Greenwood and Marques Johnson all night. W&M Hall of Famer John Lowenhaupt had his typical 14 points, 6 boards, 1 assist all-around performance and Mike Enoch had one of his stronger games, going a perfect 4 for 4 from the floor, 5 of 6 from the foul line, for 13 points, plus 4 boards and 3 assists.
It was a yeoman effort for the starters, with Courage, Lowenhaupt and Enoch playing almost the entire game (37-39 minutes each).

Jack Arbogast and John "Kraze" Kratzer also started for W&M, with Tom O'Gorman coming in for Kraze early (injury?) and playing 30 minutes. Kiki Vanderweghe and James Wilkes were also on that UCLA squad that went 24-5 and won the Pac-8.

...and that's your "Look back in history" for December 23rd, 1976.

07-coffee3 03-wink

To this day I still consider Matt Courage to be one of the best centers that I have seen play for W&M and Mike Enoch to be one of the toughest.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Tribe32 - 11-20-2019 11:12 AM

Courage was a finesse player who shot from deep. He would have been altogether different in terms of impact with the 3 point shot.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - billymac - 11-20-2019 11:20 AM

(11-20-2019 11:12 AM)Tribe32 Wrote:  Courage was a finesse player who shot from deep. He would have been altogether different in terms of impact with the 3 point shot.

I agree. Matt played a lot like AVV does now.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Zorch - 11-20-2019 11:39 AM

I remember Matt was a good player who gave it his all. Consequently, I also remember that he seemed to be injured a lot. Same with Ron Satterwhite (who lived on the same hall as I did out at JBT that year). Another guy on that team (who also lived at JBT and was a heck of a nice guy) was Skip Parnell.

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Naptown Tribe - 11-20-2019 11:39 AM

Is the W&M/Standford game showing up for anyone yet on Fubo? It still not showing up for me though the Hofstra/UCLA game is. I just want to figure out a way to watch us beat them :).

RE: MBB Game 6- @ Stanford - Tribal - 11-20-2019 12:09 PM

(11-20-2019 11:39 AM)Naptown Tribe Wrote:  Is the W&M/Standford game showing up for anyone yet on Fubo? It still not showing up for me though the Hofstra/UCLA game is. I just want to figure out a way to watch us beat them :).
Try again tomorrow night.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk