CSNbbs
Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron (/thread-887378.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - UCGrad1992 - 11-11-2019 09:19 PM

I'm posting this since we have games tomorrow already! MACTion. MACCity. MACAbre.

Tuesday:

6:00 PM ET ESPNN
Eastern Michigan (4-5)
Akron (0-9) +16.5

6:30 PM ET ESPN2
Western Michigan (6-4)
Ohio (4-5) -1.5

Wednesday:

8:00 PM ET ESPNU
Bowling Green (3-6)
Miami (OH) (5-4) -18.5

8:00 PM ET ESPN2
Northern Illinois (3-6)
Toledo (6-3) -2.5

Thursday:

7:00 PM ET CBSSN
Buffalo (5-4)
Kent State (3-6) +6

8:00 PM ET ESPN
North Carolina (4-5)
Pittsburgh (6-3) -5

Friday:

7:00 PM ET CBSSN
Louisiana Tech (8-1)
Marshall (6-3) -2.5

9:30 PM ET ESPN2
Fresno State (4-5)
San Diego State (7-2) -1.5

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Bearhawkeye - 11-15-2019 12:29 AM

I saw that Miami took a 37-3 lead on BG at the half before winning 44-3 to go 5-1. Looks to me that if they beat Akron (0-6 in conference) they win the East. They are the only team with 1 loss or fewer in the MAC so they are probably the favorite to win the conference at this point.

Pitt beats NC in OT.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - bearcatmark - 11-15-2019 06:47 AM

(11-15-2019 12:29 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I saw that Miami took a 37-3 lead on BG at the half before winning 44-3 to go 5-1. Looks to me that if they beat Akron (0-6 in conference) they win the East. They are the only team with 1 loss or fewer in the MAC so they are probably the favorite to win the conference at this point.

Pitt beats NC in OT.

Saved Martin's job? Martin will manage to enter year 7 without ever beating an fbs team outside of the mac.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - OKIcat - 11-15-2019 08:30 AM

(11-15-2019 06:47 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 12:29 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  I saw that Miami took a 37-3 lead on BG at the half before winning 44-3 to go 5-1. Looks to me that if they beat Akron (0-6 in conference) they win the East. They are the only team with 1 loss or fewer in the MAC so they are probably the favorite to win the conference at this point.

Pitt beats NC in OT.

Saved Martin's job? Martin will manage to enter year 7 without ever beating an fbs team outside of the mac.

That's just an amazing fun fact isn't it? UC has been the beneficiary of his inept coaching performance outside the friendly confines of the MAC. For the Bearcats, it's like having one win on the record before the season begins each year; I guess we should be appreciative of Martin for that alone.

And the return trips to Oxford, now more rare than before, have become a de facto home game when we all make the trip up U.S. 27.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - dubcat14 - 11-15-2019 08:41 AM

Pitt beats NC in OT.

To be fair, the school (or whoever agrees to the OOC games) hasn't helped him out much. This year, Iowa, Cincinnati, and OSU - I don't really expect them to win any of those.

Last year Cincinnati and Minnesota with Marshall and Army the latter two being games they should be competitive in and they were.. lost to Marshall by a TD and took Army to two OTs and lost by a point.

Next year they have Pitt, Cincy, Army and an FCS. They'll go 2-2 OOC if they're lucky and probably end up 7-5 or 8-4 again. Not saying he's free of criticism - the Marshall, Army, WKU, type games should be wins or at least 50-50 games, but they're also handed guaranteed losses every year.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - BearcatMan - 11-15-2019 08:59 AM

(11-15-2019 08:41 AM)dubcat14 Wrote:  

Pitt beats NC in OT.

To be fair, the school (or whoever agrees to the OOC games) hasn't helped him out much. This year, Iowa, Cincinnati, and OSU - I don't really expect them to win any of those.

Last year Cincinnati and Minnesota with Marshall and Army the latter two being games they should be competitive in and they were.. lost to Marshall by a TD and took Army to two OTs and lost by a point.

Next year they have Pitt, Cincy, Army and an FCS. They'll go 2-2 OOC if they're lucky and probably end up 7-5 or 8-4 again. Not saying he's free of criticism - the Marshall, Army, WKU, type games should be wins or at least 50-50 games, but they're also handed guaranteed losses every year.

Miami, as with most MAC schools, schedules their OOC games to bankroll their operations not to win them. Every AD in the MAC knows there is no chance at the CFP and VERY little chance at the G5 NY6 bid, so they play for conference titles and buy-game checks.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2019 09:18 AM

Pitt beats NC in OT.

Their fans are pissed he’s going to win the MAC and get another contract. It’s fascinating to watch.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Def Berkkat - 11-15-2019 09:35 AM

Rutgers over O$U.

I'm calling it !

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - CliftonAve - 11-15-2019 09:50 AM

(11-15-2019 09:18 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  

Pitt beats NC in OT.

Their fans are pissed he’s going to win the MAC and get another contract. It’s fascinating to watch.

Fans? You mean the 15 guys that that post on their message board who think the landscape in CFB is the same as when Bill Mallory and Dick Crum were coaching at Miami. Actually browsed their board earlier this year and a few of them opined that "back in the day" they would have gone no worse than 3-1 against OSU, Iowa, UC and their FCS opponent.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Bearhawkeye - 11-15-2019 11:21 AM

Pitt beats NC in OT.

It was a long walk that included patience he wouldn't get everywhere, but I'm not sure how anyone can complain much about the overall job Martin has done at Miami if they finish off the way they've been playing lately. Building any team from the bottom to the top takes skill no matter how long it takes. I'm not sure expectations are realistic if they are anything beyond winning the MAC Championship or at least being competitive for it on a regular basis (not that Miami/Martin has done either yet.)

He's done enough that I could see some bigger schools sniffing around next year if not this year. Temple could be a fit if they had an opening. Some of you will scoff, but I could even see MSU as a possibility after next year, if things fall into place on both ends given Martin's history in Michigan. That job is turning into a major rebuild from what I've been reading.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - dubcat14 - 11-15-2019 11:58 AM

(11-15-2019 11:21 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  

Pitt beats NC in OT.

It was a long walk that included patience he wouldn't get everywhere, but I'm not sure how anyone can complain much about the overall job Martin has done at Miami if they finish off the way they've been playing lately. Building any team from the bottom to the top takes skill no matter how long it takes. I'm not sure expectations are realistic if they are anything beyond winning the MAC Championship or at least being competitive for it on a regular basis (not that Miami/Martin has done either yet.)

He's done enough that I could see some bigger schools sniffing around next year if not this year. Temple could be a fit if they had an opening. Some of you will scoff, but I could even see MSU as a possibility after next year, if things fall into place on both ends given Martin's history in Michigan. That job is turning into a major rebuild from what I've been reading.

I don't think it's this year and I think there's another stepping stone between him and the B10, but yes I'm with you he's actually done a good job rebuilding. We scoff when coaches get fired after 2 years and then do the same when a rebuild takes a little longer. Speaking roughly, he's improved every year at Miami

2014: 2-10
2015: 3-9
2016: 6-7
2017: 5-7
2018: 6-6
2019: 6-4 while most likely ending 8-4 and playing in the MAC title and that's with 3 guaranteed loses out of conference.

If he has another 8 or 9 win season next year, he's likely in line for a promotion. The one thing he's missing is a signature out of conference win.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Banter - 11-15-2019 12:04 PM

(11-15-2019 11:58 AM)dubcat14 Wrote:  
(11-15-2019 11:21 AM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  

Pitt beats NC in OT.

I don't think it's this year and I think there's another stepping stone between him and the B10, but yes I'm with you he's actually done a good job rebuilding. We scoff when coaches get fired after 2 years and then do the same when a rebuild takes a little longer. Speaking roughly, he's improved every year at Miami

2014: 2-10
2015: 3-9
2016: 6-7
2017: 5-7
2018: 6-6
2019: 6-4 while most likely ending 8-4 and playing in the MAC title and that's with 3 guaranteed loses out of conference.

If he has another 8 or 9 win season next year, he's likely in line for a promotion. The one thing he's missing is a signature out of conference win.

Its hard for me to even conceptualize that Martin would get hired away from Miami with how bad they have been out of conference, but you have to hand it to the guy...He has been pretty good against MAC competition.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Dannyboy - 11-15-2019 01:26 PM

If he wins the MAC it’s huge. Solich has been very good at Ohio but he’s yet to win the MAC.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - CliftonAve - 11-15-2019 01:44 PM

^ they are fairly young, barring transfers they lose two OL and three guys on defense. Big loss will be their DL Doug Costin.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - bearcatmark - 11-15-2019 01:54 PM

Can't you all just enjoy ripping on Miami for having a coach that hasn't beat an FBS team out of conference in 6 years? We don't need to to justify it. Just enjoy it.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - bearcatdp - 11-15-2019 02:06 PM

(11-15-2019 01:54 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Can't you all just enjoy ripping on Miami for having a coach that hasn't beat an FBS team out of conference in 6 years? We don't need to to justify it. Just enjoy it.

They're Miami. What other justification do we need?

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - bearcat29 - 11-15-2019 03:41 PM

(11-15-2019 01:54 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  Can't you all just enjoy ripping on Miami for having a coach that hasn't beat an FBS team out of conference in 6 years? We don't need to to justify it. Just enjoy it.

Leave it to BM to remind us for the reason for the season of ripping on the redhawks. Back to the basics, I like it.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - rath v2.0 - 11-15-2019 03:51 PM

The MAC is the worst G5 conference. It’s like watching kids play king of the hill on a garbage can lid.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - geef - 11-15-2019 03:58 PM

(11-15-2019 03:51 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  The MAC is the worst G5 conference. It’s like watching kids play king of the hill on a garbage can lid.

North Dakota State would likely be undefeated in the MAC.

RE: Week Twelve On The College Gridiron - Racinejake - 11-15-2019 04:05 PM

(11-15-2019 03:51 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  The MAC is the worst G5 conference. It’s like watching kids play king of the hill on a garbage can lid.

Any time you're feeling down on the AAC, just imagine what it would be like playing in Muncie or Bowling Green on a Tuesday night in late November....