CSNbbs
CFB regular season is almost over - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: College Sports and Conference Realignment (/forum-637.html)
+---- Thread: CFB regular season is almost over (/thread-886660.html)

CFB regular season is almost over - sierrajip - 11-03-2019 10:41 PM

December is almost here. Only one more month of regular CFB season left. I can't believe how fast that it plays out. It will be as exciting as always, but too short.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - stever20 - 11-03-2019 11:59 PM

and this year even had an extra week in it.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - IWokeUpLikeThis - 11-04-2019 12:20 AM

Thank God we moved away from 11-game seasons in 2006 or whatever.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - Hokie Mark - 11-04-2019 07:25 AM

[Image: uqzfd.jpg]

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - goofus - 11-04-2019 07:42 AM

The only solution is to go with a 26-week season with 14 bye weeks for each team.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - quo vadis - 11-04-2019 09:01 AM

(11-03-2019 10:41 PM)sierrajip Wrote:  December is almost here. Only one more month of regular CFB season left. I can't believe how fast that it plays out. It will be as exciting as always, but too short.

You're right. Seems like just yesterday the season kicked off, and for good reason, that was just two months ago. That's one reason we love college football so much, it comes and goes so quickly.

The whole season including bowls is really just 4 months long, then for 8 long months we are without it. Imagine if the NBA season was "almost over" at Christmas, or the MLB season, which ended just five days ago, was "almost over" the first week of June!

College basketball used to be the same, but like the NBA and MLB, it has experienced "schedule creep" - whereas games used to start around December 1st, now lo and behold we have games starting the first week of November, effectively making college hoops season five months long.

But not for college football.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - Kaplony - 11-04-2019 12:23 PM

The short length of the season is why I question people who claim to be college football fans yet complain about how many bowls there are. The more the merrier I say, it gives us that much more college football to watch.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - Fighting Muskie - 11-04-2019 12:51 PM

I think the start of college football should be pushed back to the beginning of August.

FBS teams would be permitted to schedule 1 home game against an FCS opponent the first two weeks of the season that wouldn’t count against their 12 regular season games.

Extra bye weeks are good for the players.

Longer season is good for fans.

Additional FBS vs FBS games as a result of moving the FCS games to effectively the pre-season means more valuable content for the media partners.

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - georgia_tech_swagger - 11-04-2019 01:25 PM

(11-04-2019 12:23 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  The short length of the season is why I question people who claim to be college football fans yet complain about how many bowls there are. The more the merrier I say, it gives us that much more college football to watch.
I don't even like that Fun Belt and MACtion don't start until November. I want CFB most days of the week from Aug to Jan.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using CSNbbs mobile app

RE: CFB regular season is almost over - DawgNBama - 11-05-2019 06:08 AM

(11-04-2019 12:51 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I think the start of college football should be pushed back to the beginning of August.

FBS teams would be permitted to schedule 1 home game against an FCS opponent the first two weeks of the season that wouldn’t count against their 12 regular season games.

Extra bye weeks are good for the players.

Longer season is good for fans.

Additional FBS vs FBS games as a result of moving the FCS games to effectively the pre-season means more valuable content for the media partners.

I personally would have no problem whatsoever with this. Sheesh, I love how the numerous the bowl games are. But definitely, more bye weeks are definitely needed. I think that's why coaches and players are very hesitant to extend the regular season because of the very small number of bye weeks. Put more of those in and I can see them possibly reversing their stance.