CSNbbs
Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy (/thread-885694.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - CliftonAve - 10-22-2019 01:14 PM

OT I know, but this will certainly cause dominoes to fall that may ultimately impact UC.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sources-jim-harbaugh-eyeing-exit-strategy/

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Cataclysmo - 10-22-2019 01:27 PM

This shouldn't be surprising. I really think OSU is going to smack them this year and finally force their hand.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Sweetness - 10-22-2019 01:40 PM

I would be absolutely shocked if Fickell went to Michigan. I also don't see anywhere Michigan would pull someone from that Fickell would want to go to.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - BigDawg - 10-22-2019 01:42 PM

(10-22-2019 01:40 PM)Sweetness Wrote:  I would be absolutely shocked if Fickell went to Michigan. I also don't see anywhere Michigan would pull someone from that Fickell would want to go to.

Agreed. No way a lifetime OSUer is leaving to go to Michigan and I doubt Michigan would want to consider him. The hate between the schools is major and real, so just don't see it.

Still believe he will hang out here until Day heads to the NFL and Fick has probably worked his way up there list and would have a legit shot to replace Day.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Captain Bearcat - 10-22-2019 01:58 PM

I think if Fickell really wants the OSU job after Day leaves, he should tell his agent to negotiate for the Michigan job. Then before he signs the dotted line, he should call a press conference announcing that he's leaving and say, "Just kidding, I'd never go to Michigan."

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - converrl - 10-22-2019 02:55 PM

If this pops, and they want him, Fickell will go. It's P5.

Have your next candidate already in mind.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Bearcat85 - 10-22-2019 03:01 PM

(10-22-2019 01:58 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  I think if Fickell really wants the OSU job after Day leaves, he should tell his agent to negotiate for the Michigan job. Then before he signs the dotted line, he should call a press conference announcing that he's leaving and say, "Just kidding, I'd never go to Michigan."

I know you were making a joke, but Fick doesn't have an agent, so he could do it himself. Also, no matter how much we love him, I doubt UM sees him as what they want.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Bearcat85 - 10-22-2019 03:03 PM

(10-22-2019 02:55 PM)converrl Wrote:  If this pops, and they want him, Fickell will go. It's P5.

Well, WVU is P5 and he said no thanks.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - RealDeal - 10-22-2019 03:21 PM

(10-22-2019 03:03 PM)Bearcat85 Wrote:  
(10-22-2019 02:55 PM)converrl Wrote:  If this pops, and they want him, Fickell will go. It's P5.

Well, WVU is P5 and he said no thanks.
UL as well. Those of you who want to give him the Michigan State job I think you have a much better chance of winning at UL.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - UCGrad1992 - 10-22-2019 03:27 PM

If anyone thinks LF would jump to Michigan I have a deed to 10 acres of landlocked, inaccessible swampland I'd like to sell them. He loves Ohio and his time at Ohio St too much to pull that string. Michigan St is a possibility but why worry about it? Most everyone on this board has had the mindset that we want our coach to be successful at the highest level full well knowing that the cost to retain him becomes moot. IMO, I don't see him leaving for just another P5 job because we measure well across most middlin' P5's. We had a coach leave for Michigan St., another for Notre Dame, and yet another for Tennessee. Those are pretty storied, unique programs at the P5 level. I see Fick staying put until one of these types of jobs open up AND it is the right opportunity/fit for Coach and his family.

I believe Les Miles will get a look by Michigan if he's interested. The former grad won a natty at LSU and he's made Kansas competitive, KANSAS, in his first year.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Def Berkkat - 10-22-2019 03:35 PM

Michigan likes Michigan men.

You think Les Miles is staying at Kansas long term?

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Captain Bearcat - 10-22-2019 04:21 PM

(10-22-2019 03:27 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  If anyone thinks LF would jump to Michigan I have a deed to 10 acres of landlocked, inaccessible swampland I'd like to sell them. He loves Ohio and his time at Ohio St too much to pull that string. Michigan St is a possibility but why worry about it? Most everyone on this board has had the mindset that we want our coach to be successful at the highest level full well knowing that the cost to retain him becomes moot. IMO, I don't see him leaving for just another P5 job because we measure well across most middlin' P5's. We had a coach leave for Michigan St., another for Notre Dame, and yet another for Tennessee. Those are pretty storied, unique programs at the P5 level. I see Fick staying put until one of these types of jobs open up AND it is the right opportunity/fit for Coach and his family.

I believe Les Miles will get a look by Michigan if he's interested. The former grad won a natty at LSU and he's made Kansas competitive, KANSAS, in his first year.

Has he? He's 2-5. One of those wins is over FCS Indiana State.

Sure, he beat Boston College. Sure, he played Texas and West Virginia close. But that's not much better than last year: last year Kansas beat TCU and was within a touchdown of beating Texas. They also scored 40 against Oklahoma.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - geef - 10-22-2019 04:32 PM

(10-22-2019 03:35 PM)Def Berkkat Wrote:  Michigan likes Michigan men.

You think Michigan is hiring a 66 year old coach?

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - UCGrad1992 - 10-22-2019 05:06 PM

(10-22-2019 04:21 PM)Captain Bearcat Wrote:  
(10-22-2019 03:27 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  If anyone thinks LF would jump to Michigan I have a deed to 10 acres of landlocked, inaccessible swampland I'd like to sell them. He loves Ohio and his time at Ohio St too much to pull that string. Michigan St is a possibility but why worry about it? Most everyone on this board has had the mindset that we want our coach to be successful at the highest level full well knowing that the cost to retain him becomes moot. IMO, I don't see him leaving for just another P5 job because we measure well across most middlin' P5's. We had a coach leave for Michigan St., another for Notre Dame, and yet another for Tennessee. Those are pretty storied, unique programs at the P5 level. I see Fick staying put until one of these types of jobs open up AND it is the right opportunity/fit for Coach and his family.

Has he? He's 2-5. One of those wins is over FCS Indiana State.

Sure, he beat Boston College. Sure, he played Texas and West Virginia close. But that's not much better than last year: last year Kansas beat TCU and was within a touchdown of beating Texas. They also scored 40 against Oklahoma.

Well, you gave 3 reasons LOL. He did beat Boston College on the road. There's still 5 games to go and this is his first year in transition as a new coach.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - dsquare - 10-22-2019 05:10 PM

Michigan would never hire an Osu guy just out of pride.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - Def Berkkat - 10-22-2019 06:08 PM

(10-22-2019 04:32 PM)geef Wrote:  

Michigan. Man.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - UCGrad1992 - 10-22-2019 07:30 PM

[Image: Jim-Harbaugh-1.jpg]

0-4 vs arch rival Ohio St
0 B1G Chips
0 CFP appearances
1-3 Bowls [Losses in Peach, Outback & Orange]

At the conclusion of this season only a bowl win is possible. This does not meet the standards of Michigan football. Thus, the exit strategy...but he looks damn good in khakis!

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - rath v2.0 - 10-22-2019 08:00 PM

He’s going to lose this week and against OSU and likely against MSU, too. He’s getting fired anyways if he goes 7-5.

Karma for the transfer.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - mptnstr@44 - 10-22-2019 08:34 PM

guessing Miles is at the top of their short list.
Fick is not going to Ann Arbor.

RE: Football Scoop: Jim Harbaugh Eyeing Exit Strategy - mptnstr@44 - 10-22-2019 08:35 PM

(10-22-2019 04:32 PM)geef Wrote:  

Nick Saban is 67...UM and ever other program would hire that 67 year old if given the chance.