CSNbbs
Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Toledo (/forum-479.html)
+----- Thread: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season (/thread-885168.html)

Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - northcoastRocket - 10-15-2019 07:24 PM

RE: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - Dwight - 10-16-2019 05:22 AM

Beacham has been a teaser so far, showing flashes of impressive play. It would be great to see her put things together this year. I'm not so sure, though, about taking the bull by the horns and running with it. That sounds a bit dangerous.

RE: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - kazoorocket43 - 10-16-2019 10:28 AM

She was ready for a breakout season last year! Didn't get the minutes she deserved or which would have contributed to more rapid improvement.

RE: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - NewMex RocketFan - 10-20-2019 10:33 AM

From the video clips from games played in Italy, she has made major strides in her game. I am looking forward to watching her along with her teammates this year.

RE: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - FMRocket - 10-20-2019 07:15 PM

Having followed woman’s BB from a distance since the Bill Fennelly years, I still wonder why this program has not sustained a level of UCONN/like dominance in this conference since TC has been at the helm...
Cullop has had some nice teams, but in regards to what she has done recently and what she has at her disposable - facilities/financial commitment/fan base/ that hopefully, this years edition of lady Rocket b-ball with Beacham, Santucci and crew will be able to challenge the Buffalo’s, Ohio’s and Miami’s of the world...
We shall see ...

RE: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - Rocket_Fanatic - 10-21-2019 06:01 AM

(10-20-2019 07:15 PM)FMRocket Wrote:  Having followed woman’s BB from a distance since the Bill Fennelly years, I still wonder why this program has not sustained a level of UCONN/like dominance in this conference since TC has been at the helm...
Cullop has had some nice teams, but in regards to what she has done recently and what she has at her disposable - facilities/financial commitment/fan base/ that hopefully, this years edition of lady Rocket b-ball with Beacham, Santucci and crew will be able to challenge the Buffalo’s, Ohio’s and Miami’s of the world...
We shall see ...

Having followed women’s basketball rather closely since Mark Ehlen days, Cullop is a good coach but not a great one. As long as she averages 20 wins a season and gets the program to the WNIT every year and NCAAs every 4-5 years, she is basically untouchable. The fact that she is very likeable and a great ambassador for the university to the community puts her in a very favorable state.

However, I think this incoming class will see a lot of success here at Toledo and so it wouldn’t shock me if Cullop gets multiple NCAA bids the next 3-4 years. She may have finally found her “perfect” group of recruits to have a run.

RE: Beacham Ready for Breakout Season - H2Oville Rocket - 10-21-2019 02:39 PM

There has only been one team that was able to sustain that kind of league dominance and it ended when Miller left for Indiana. Interestingly they had perhaps the worst facilities in the conference. Toledo had a pretty good run but BG with Voll and Miller ran their streak for longer. Kent, EMU, Buffalo, OU have all had moments but never anything approaching MAC dominance.