CSNbbs
Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. (/thread-885033.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - cb4029 - 10-14-2019 09:53 AM

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-botched-attempt-hire-gowdy-121751878.html

Quote:A day later, the arrangement fell apart, with lobbying rules prohibiting Gowdy from starting until January, possibly after the inquiry is over. Now, according to two people familiar with events, Gowdy is never expected to join the team. And Trump advisers are back to square one, searching for a different lawyer.

07-coffee3

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - DaSaintFan - 10-14-2019 11:42 AM

Oh noes.... the White House is FOLLOWING the rule of law... Unlike certain Democratic Congress-******** who seem to make them up as they go along?

Yeah, this is "really" helping your argument about how evil the President is... {/sarcasm tag off}

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - SoMs Eagle - 10-14-2019 11:59 AM

That is OK. Just plug him into RBG’s seat when she expires.....

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Redwingtom - 10-14-2019 03:38 PM

(10-14-2019 11:42 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Oh noes.... the White House is FOLLOWING the rule of law... Unlike certain Democratic Congress-******** who seem to make them up as they go along?

Yeah, this is "really" helping your argument about how evil the President is... {/sarcasm tag off}

That's what you're going with? The WH is following the law?

Let me know when they start honoring congressional subpoenas and stop blocking witnesses from testifying. 01-wingedeagle

I doubt Gowdy was ever going to join this circus. He's not a stupid toadie like rudy who's likely to end up in prison along with Cohen and Manafort.

#ETTD

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - DaSaintFan - 10-14-2019 04:07 PM

Quote:Let me know when they start honoring congressional subpoenas and stop blocking witnesses from testifying

At the moment, Tom, as much you hate the truth, the White House and the Administration is well within its right to do so...because there is no obligation to testify behind a non-binding inquiry.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - SoMs Eagle - 10-14-2019 04:15 PM

(10-14-2019 03:38 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(10-14-2019 11:42 AM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  Oh noes.... the White House is FOLLOWING the rule of law... Unlike certain Democratic Congress-******** who seem to make them up as they go along?

Let me know when they start honoring congressional subpoenas and stop blocking witnesses from testifying. 01-wingedeagle

I doubt Gowdy was ever going to join this circus. He's not a stupid toadie like rudy who's likely to end up in prison along with Cohen and Manafort.

#ETTD

Those who are protected under separation of powers by being part of the Executive branch of government will respond to subpoenas when they receive one. A legitimate one. The house of Congress happens to be only one half of one branch of government. So if the law is to be followed here then they (the house committees) should follow the law and be transparent and follow due process. Otherwise this is simply harassment.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - TigerBlue4Ever - 10-14-2019 04:23 PM

#ETTD

Absolutely clueless.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - q5sys - 10-14-2019 06:10 PM

(10-14-2019 04:07 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  
Quote:Let me know when they start honoring congressional subpoenas and stop blocking witnesses from testifying

At the moment, Tom, as much you hate the truth, the White House and the Administration is well within its right to do so...because there is no obligation to testify behind a non-binding inquiry.

You say that as if you think he actually has a clue how our government is set up, what laws are in place, how the separation of powers works, and the ways each branch has to protect itself.

He's obviously clueless, he's just repeating whatever the NPC Overlords have told all of their mindless followers to say. If he had half a clue about ANY of this, he wouldnt be saying the stupid things he does which show everyone that how ignorant he is of the law and our government.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - 450bench - 10-14-2019 06:49 PM

(10-14-2019 04:23 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

#ETTD

Absolutely clueless.

Yep.
He's very consistent with utter cluelessness.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Owl 69/70/75 - 10-14-2019 08:47 PM

#ETTD

Cohen ended up in prison for things that are not crimes. Yes, I know that's what he technically pleaded guilty to. But what they had him on was tax and other offenses that carried much stiffer sentences. They wanted someone to plead guilty to the "offense" he pled guilty to, so that they would have some basis for arguing that it was illegal in further proceedings. So they said we will recommend X years if you plead guilty to this, and drop the other charges that carry 10X years. That's how plea bargains work--you are on the hook for serious offenses, but we will let you walk on them if you plead guilty to something that is tactically advantageous to us (or do something else that is tactically advantageous). Most of us would have taken that deal.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Redwingtom - 10-15-2019 09:50 AM

(10-14-2019 04:07 PM)DaSaintFan Wrote:  

Right, because they're TOTALLY innocent. 03-rotfl

And yeah, stick with that non-bonding nonsense. It should serve you well. 03-lol

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Redwingtom - 10-15-2019 09:52 AM

(10-14-2019 08:47 PM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  
#ETTD

Cohen ended up in prison for things that are not crimes. Yes, I know that's what he technically pleaded guilty to. But what they had him on was tax and other offenses that carried much stiffer sentences. They wanted someone to plead guilty to the "offense" he pled guilty to, so that they would have some basis for arguing that it was illegal in further proceedings. So they said we will recommend X years if you plead guilty to this, and drop the other charges that carry 10X years. Most of us would have taken that deal.

Bless your heart.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Paul M - 10-15-2019 06:05 PM

Good. I didn't want to watch him sully his good name.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - ODU BBALL - 10-15-2019 11:40 PM

#ETTD

Rudy, Duran, and Barr .... the no nonsense legal team that has the Liberals sweating bullets over the approaching storm - or as the mainstream Liberal media loves to say with all of their negative Republican stories, "FIRESTORM". You can also add the I. G. to that prestigious law firm as well.

It's going to be like Troy, R. J., Jay Paul, and Willie, along with Frenchy & Gee have suddenly arrived in D. C. to tag a bunch of those awful Liberal swamp creatures. Drain the swamp boys, drain the swamp.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Shannon Panther - 10-16-2019 03:04 AM

#ETTD

The House has not issued subpoena. These are letters of inquiry and compliance is VOLUNTARY. The reason they will not issue a subpoena is because that could be reviewed by the courts. Instead, they issue these, the Democrats in the media call them subpoenas, which they are not, and the ignorant repeat the lie like a myna bird. Then they claim that the White House has ignored a subpoena and are obstructing justice.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Redwingtom - 10-16-2019 09:46 AM

(10-15-2019 11:40 PM)ODU BBALL Wrote:  

#ETTD

Rudy, Duran, and Barr .... the no nonsense legal team that has the Liberals sweating bullets over the approaching storm - or as the mainstream Liberal media loves to say with all of their negative Republican stories, "FIRESTORM". You can also add the I. G. to that prestigious law firm as well.

It's going to be like Troy, R. J., Jay Paul, and Willie, along with Frenchy & Gee have suddenly arrived in D. C. to tag a bunch of those awful Liberal swamp creatures. Drain the swamp boys, drain the swamp.

Man, you CLEARLY live in an alternate universe. Wow! 04-jawdrop

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Owl 69/70/75 - 10-16-2019 09:48 AM

This really is populist versus deep state.

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Redwingtom - 10-16-2019 09:52 AM

(10-16-2019 03:04 AM)Shannon Panther Wrote:  

#ETTD

The House has not issued subpoena. These are letters of inquiry and compliance is VOLUNTARY. The reason they will not issue a subpoena is because that could be reviewed by the courts. Instead, they issue these, the Democrats in the media call them subpoenas, which they are not, and the ignorant repeat the lie like a myna bird. Then they claim that the White House has ignored a subpoena and are obstructing justice.

Link?

Meanwhile...

Quote:The letter to Mulvaney also includes a warning should the White House not comply with the request: "Your failure or refusal to comply with the subpoena, including at the direction or behest of the President or others at the White House, shall constitute evidence of obstruction of the House's impeachment inquiry and may be used as an adverse inference against you and the President."
House Democrats subpoena White House for Ukraine documents as part of impeachment inquiry

Doesn't sound very voluntary! 03-wink

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Redwingtom - 10-16-2019 09:53 AM

(10-16-2019 09:48 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  This really is populist versus deep state.

[Image: 12774-TinFoilHat-May-Move02_800x.gif?v=1542393503]

RE: Down goes gowdy: trump circus tries to ignore the rules...again. - Owl 69/70/75 - 10-16-2019 09:55 AM

(10-16-2019 09:53 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(10-16-2019 09:48 AM)Owl 69/70/75 Wrote:  This really is populist versus deep state.
[Image: 12774-TinFoilHat-May-Move02_800x.gif?v=1542393503]

What is that for? Are you denying that it is populist versus deep state? Populists always tangle with the establishment--Andrew Jackson, Huey Long, you name it. That's what they do.