CSNbbs
KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - East Team Talk (/forum-463.html)
+----- Forum: Kent State (/forum-474.html)
+----- Thread: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) (/thread-885014.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - axeme - 10-13-2019 09:17 PM

Opening line is KSU +8.5

Can't wait!

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - GoKsuFlashes! - 10-15-2019 03:47 PM

9AM kick-off my time.. scrambled eggs, coffee & kent state football 02-13-banana

sooooo can't wait! 02-13-banana

what's the current injury report?

any predictions?

i say ksu 24-20 04-cheers

OU.. get ready for flashFAST 05-mafia05-mafia

PS still shocked that a very bad BG team beat toledo by 2 TDs 04-jawdrop
PS coach lewis 04-bow
PS dustin crum 04-bow
PS matthew trickett 04-bow

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - axeme - 10-15-2019 06:11 PM

Line is down to KSU +7.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - anti-zip - 10-15-2019 08:13 PM

We're not asking the important questions about this team.
Like does Trickett have an official nickname? And if not should it be "Herculeg: The Greek god of FG%" or "Legasaurs Rex"? Unfortunately "Legatron" is already taken and "The Legatron of the MAC" just doesn't have a nice ring to it.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - anti-zip - 10-15-2019 08:52 PM

(10-15-2019 08:13 PM)anti-zip Wrote:  We're not asking the important questions about this team.
Like does Trickett have an official nickname? And if not should it be "Herculeg: The Greek god of FG%" or "Legasaurs Rex"? Unfortunately "Legatron" is already taken and "The Legatron of the MAC" just doesn't have a nice ring to it.

Other acceptable names include, but are not limited to Matthew Kickett, Trickett till you kick it, Trickett's Boot Emporium, and Craig the Leg. For that last one Matt will need to meet us half way and change his first name to Craig.

My vote is Herculeg though.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - GoKsuFlashes! - 10-16-2019 10:21 AM

this ksu football team is gonna win the MAC east / will be playing in the MAC championship game in detroit 03-shhhh

my wife when i tell her i'm flying to detroit for MAC championship 01-lauramac2

regarding the here & now: what's the scouting report on OU? strong running game? how is their secondary?

PS me after we beat ohio u 01-donnankungfu

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - Muskrat - 10-16-2019 02:37 PM

Beating Ohio would REALLY be a big win for the program. They would pretty much become the East favorite.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - goldenflash99 - 10-16-2019 05:49 PM

As our rush defense goes, so goes our chances of winning. We're going to struggle against Buffalo and Toledo because of this, but the rest of our games are complete toss-ups.

Ohio is an average rushing team by MAC standards. Rourke is Mr. Everything for their offense. I've never been impressed with him as a passer, so if we can contain his runs, I like our chances to steal one in Athens. Let's TCB and stay alone in 1st place!

KSU 27
Ohio 24

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - GoKsuFlashes! - 10-18-2019 11:38 AM

less than 24 hours..

anyone making the trip to athens?

go flashes!!04-rock04-rock

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - ilovegymnast - 10-19-2019 11:41 AM

I know I say it every year but the CBSSN announcers are always a million times better than ESPN. Kent currently up 14-10 towards the end of the 1st.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - JimJoyce - 10-19-2019 02:40 PM

That was a horrific defensive performance. Can’t give up 600 yards and expect to win.

That said, Kent was absolutely stone cold screwed on two huge calls in the second half. Completely changed the game.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - thanksjim - 10-19-2019 02:48 PM

Still seeing progress in a defeat. Still like the direction

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - axeme - 10-19-2019 02:50 PM

The helmet-off call was total nonsense. How could they call that in that situation?

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - Polish Hammer - 10-19-2019 06:13 PM

Can’t give up so much yards in the air and also drop those easy catches. Hate to ***** about refereeing but man this game was absolutely horrible. Where do I begin? Offensive PI for a push off? Our WR got called for a blind block on a defenseless player, yet I believe he whiffed on the block and their player was crushed by his own teammate? Come out of a fumbled PR scrum with the ball yet they give it Ohio? Why were the refs so dead set on getting into the scrum to make th3 determination yet already have their minds made up? Personal foul on our O-lineman for weakly pushing their player and picking his QB up after their player targeted head to head on the defenseless QB that slid? Third and 10 with 5:12 to go and their LB blows up Crum after the ball is gone and no call? Carrigan tackled and ridden to the ground long after the ball sailed long and high (thank goodness he wasn’t as seriously hurt as thought)? Third and 10 when we had the free play due to their offside yet they interfered with the WR and it wasn’t called? KR for a TD called back due to player engaged in a play had his helmet pop off and he was way out of the play at that time?

It wasn’t only the calls but th3 timing of them. Get a stop on 3rd down and long after the play a flag comes in to extend the OU drive on another ticky tack call...SMH.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - Polish Hammer - 10-19-2019 06:15 PM

(10-19-2019 02:50 PM)axeme Wrote:  The helmet-off call was total nonsense. How could they call that in that situation?
Agreed, way away from the play and the player was stuck in the middle of an action he just couldn’t stop. And not to mention the Ohio player ripped it off his head but not called. That’s nowhere as bad as the PR fumble though.

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - Older and Older - 10-19-2019 08:42 PM

(10-19-2019 02:50 PM)axeme Wrote:  The helmet-off call was total nonsense. How could they call that in that situation?

MAC refs helped OU every time they needed assistance
Bias is offensive and at its all time worst
Helmet off call never would have been called except against Kent.
NO WAY. Can you imagine it being called against OSU!!

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - AlphaFlash - 10-19-2019 08:51 PM

This is the problem with our schedule and the 3 money games. I don't see how the coaches can evaluate the staff in an actual game in the first 7 weeks. We played 3 patsy teams and 3 mini-NFL teams. We could have played the second string for the first 6 games and still end up with the same W's and L's. Ditch the money games, play against teams we can compete with. That way when we do come up to an Ohio or Toledo early in the conference schedule we might have seen how our guys run with the pack. Who in the hell would want to coach in this type of scenario?

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - anti-zip - 10-19-2019 10:00 PM

Had to DVR it. Just watched it. Crum's receivers let a lot of yards slip through their hands.

I would call that one of the most pathetic defensive efforts I've ever seen... But that would imply there was defensive effort.

And that fumble gifted to OU was the biggest play of the game. Something the announcers didn't mention about the OU player thst appeared to grab it first. He was laying on bodies so he wasn't down until the whistle. The whistle wasn't until it was a full pile up. It looked like one of our guys immediately got his hands in on it before the whistle too... and we came out with it. So... WTH?

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - AlphaFlash - 10-19-2019 10:04 PM

On a good note, we are finally beating bad teams instead of losing to them. Improvement???

RE: KSU (2-0) at OU (1-1) - OLNWFLSH - 10-21-2019 06:58 AM

(10-19-2019 02:48 PM)thanksjim Wrote:  Still seeing progress in a defeat. Still like the direction

I too like what I see in terms of competitiveness and effort. Liked the hustle at Akron but was mildly surprised by our relative lack of speed on defense. See some real work needed in defensive secondary - we're going to be facing some high powered offenses in BSU, UT and possibly Miami.