CSNbbs
UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Team Talk (/forum-783.html)
+----- Forum: The Gregory A. Ruehlmann Sr. Memorial Cincinnati Board (/forum-404.html)
+----- Thread: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season (/thread-884576.html)

UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - Bearhawkeye - 10-08-2019 05:20 PM

UC Football Notes

That's not a position we can afford many injuries to, but next man in. In this case, I'm guessing we might be looking to SO Vincent McConnell who played the position last week for Cooper. If not him, it might be JR Darius Harper who played LT last week for the also injured Chris Ferguson. Who starts there might depend on whether Ferguson is back this week for Houston. Per CTT, they are "hopeful" he will but they'll see how he's doing Wednesday and Thursday.

As far as good news:

- Jarell White was named AAC Defensive Player of the Week

Moving on to take it for what it's worth stuff:

- Cincinnati-Tulsa at Nippert Stadium Oct. 19 will start at 3:30 p.m. and shown on ESPNU.

- Fickell said he wasn't happy with the team's energy for the first 3 weeks before they got it right during the bye week. First I've heard of anything along those lines.

- Rather confusingly, it sounds like Fickell told the offense to run out the clock rather than run that final play in Q3 that turned into Warren's huge run. Details are murky whether the offense just ignored him with (Ridder?) just deciding to just call their own play or whether Fick was late getting the call in. Read it for yourself at the link.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - eroc - 10-08-2019 06:32 PM

(10-08-2019 05:20 PM)Bearhawkeye Wrote:  UC Football Notes

That's not a position we can afford many injuries to, but next man in. In this case, I'm guessing we might be looking to SO Vincent McConnell who played the position last week for Cooper. If not him, it might be JR Darius Harper who played LT last week for the also injured Chris Ferguson. Who starts there might depend on whether Ferguson is back this week for Houston. Per CTT, they are "hopeful" he will but they'll see how he's doing Wednesday and Thursday.

As far as good news:

- Cincinnati-Tulsa at Nippert Stadium Oct. 19 will start at 3:30 p.m. and shown on ESPNU.

- Fickell said he wasn't happy with the team's energy for the first 3 weeks before they got it right during the bye week. First I've heard of anything along those lines.

- Rather confusingly, it sounds like Fickell told the offense to run out the clock rather than run that final play in Q3 that turned into Warren's huge run. Details are murky whether the offense just ignored him with (Ridder?) just deciding to just call their own play or whether Fick was late getting the call in. Read it for yourself at the link.

Since he's RS/FR, does this mean that Cooper, down the line, can petition for an extra year?

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - rath v2.0 - 10-08-2019 06:46 PM

Hate to hear about an injury like that and yet another knock on the OL depth chart but to my eyes McConnel has been an upgrade on the left side so far. He’s not as strong but he is fundamentally sound and isn’t getting flagged every other drive for holds and false starts.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - BearcatMan - 10-08-2019 07:00 PM

(10-08-2019 06:32 PM)eroc Wrote:  

As far as good news:

Since he's RS/FR, does this mean that Cooper, down the line, can petition for an extra year?

Only if the initial redshirt wasn't elective.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - bearcatdp - 10-08-2019 07:15 PM

(10-08-2019 07:00 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 06:32 PM)eroc Wrote:  

As far as good news:

Only if the initial redshirt wasn't elective.

Exactly - if you lose 2 years to injury, you can petition for a 6th year of eligibility.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - C1ncy4Life - 10-08-2019 10:25 PM

Saw CLF mention this in his presser. Hate to see it as I was looking forward to the OLine group continuing to improve as the season wore on. Let’s hope the remaining players can remain healthy.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - dubcat14 - 10-09-2019 07:33 AM

I see it as good for experience next year. A lot like Jakari Robinson last year, the fact that Vince McConnell can get his feet wet this year bodes well for next year when we'll need someone to replace Morgan James.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - Banter - 10-09-2019 07:38 AM

(10-08-2019 10:25 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  Saw CLF mention this in his presser. Hate to see it as I was looking forward to the OLine group continuing to improve as the season wore on. Let’s hope the remaining players can remain healthy.

Luckily the talent on opposing defensive lines will be considerably lower than the talent we faced the first 5 games of the season, with a couple of exceptions. The O-Line seems to get better each week as these guys get more reps, and I also think the O-Line looks much better as the game goes on thanks to our S&C program.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - BearcatMan - 10-09-2019 09:04 AM

(10-09-2019 07:38 AM)Banter Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 10:25 PM)C1ncy4Life Wrote:  Saw CLF mention this in his presser. Hate to see it as I was looking forward to the OLine group continuing to improve as the season wore on. Let’s hope the remaining players can remain healthy.

Luckily the talent on opposing defensive lines will be considerably lower than the talent we faced the first 5 games of the season, with a couple of exceptions. The O-Line seems to get better each week as these guys get more reps, and I also think the O-Line looks much better as the game goes on thanks to our S&C program.

This cannot be overstated...we won't see a defense like Ohio State, UCF, or even UCLA until we face off against Temple in the second to last week of the regular season. This is the time you'll start to see the OLine build some serious confidence, and I personally love McConnell's technical skill...he could end up being a plus replacement at LG.

RE: UC Football Notes: Starting RS FR OG Jeremy Cooper likely done for the Season - bearcatmark - 10-09-2019 09:38 AM

This Houston defense is the kind of defense the offense feasted on last season. It would be nice to see a big game from them.