CSNbbs
Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+---- Thread: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU (/thread-884466.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - _x_ - 10-07-2019 09:49 AM

Figured App @ UL thread is already at 11 pages. We can get started on trying to fill 1....

ULM a 2.5 point favorite in San Marcos Thursday night. Should be a tight game.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - Bobcat87 - 10-07-2019 10:24 AM

Though they lost to Memphis this past Saturday, ULM looked pretty good in the process. Not sure our offense can match their point production.

Some things in our favor: short prep week and travel for ULM. We've had a few extra days to prepare. Hope that's enough to make a difference.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - _x_ - 10-07-2019 11:45 AM

Yeah agreed.

Offense: ULM clearly has the advantage
Defense: TXST has the advantage
STs: Don't know yet honestly, will have to take a closer look at ULM
Intangibles: Probably go to TXST being at home off a bye week while ULM just played Saturday

Can TXST's get enough stops to give the offense enough chances to put points on the board?
Turnovers will be huge.

I'd be surprised if this isn't a close game from start to finish honestly.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - debragga - 10-07-2019 11:49 AM

(10-07-2019 10:24 AM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  Though they lost to Memphis this past Saturday, ULM looked pretty good in the process. Not sure our offense can match their point production.

Some things in our favor: short prep week and travel for ULM. We've had a few extra days to prepare. Hope that's enough to make a difference.

More like an extra week

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - debragga - 10-07-2019 11:51 AM

(10-07-2019 11:45 AM)_x_ Wrote:  Yeah agreed.

Intangibles: Probably go to TXST being at home off a bye week while ULM just played Saturday

Can TXST's get enough stops to give the offense enough chances to put points on the board?
Turnovers will be huge.

Our special teams are bad (particularly field goal kicking), and our players get a bunch of dumb ass unsportsmanlike penalties every game that always hurt us.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - Bobcat87 - 10-07-2019 06:42 PM

(10-07-2019 11:51 AM)debragga Wrote:  

Turnovers will be huge.

Our special teams are bad (particularly field goal kicking), and our players get a bunch of dumb ass unsportsmanlike penalties every game that always hurt us.

We can match you in bad special teams. I’ll give you the edge in unsportsmanlike calls; however, we always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot in a critical moment . .
So that may be a draw as well . . .

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - Arrowhead - 10-07-2019 08:52 PM

(10-07-2019 06:42 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  

Turnovers will be huge.

We can match you in bad special teams. I’ll give you the edge in unsportsmanlike calls; however, we always find a way to shoot ourselves in the foot in a critical moment . .

I think it is going to come down to if ULM can get over the short turnaround. If so, I personally would be surprised if Texas St. can keep up with our offense point for point. If we play like we did against Memphis and FSU I don’t think they can. However, the intangibles could definitely make a difference.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - Bobcat87 - 10-07-2019 09:36 PM

(10-07-2019 08:52 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

Turnovers will be huge.

I think it is going to come down to if ULM can get over the short turnaround. If so, I personally would be surprised if Texas St. can keep up with our offense point for point. If we play like we did against Memphis and FSU I don’t think they can. However, the intangibles could definitely make a difference.

Y'all play like that, and it's pretty much your game. I don't think our D can totally shut y'all down, and I don't see our O as being able to match y'all.

Hoping the short week, and travel have y'all playing like your jet lagged . . . . .04-cheers

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - debragga - 10-08-2019 05:46 AM

(10-07-2019 09:36 PM)Bobcat87 Wrote:  
(10-07-2019 08:52 PM)Arrowhead Wrote:  

Turnovers will be huge.

Y'all play like that, and it's pretty much your game. I don't think our D can totally shut y'all down, and I don't see our O as being able to match y'all.

Hoping the short week, and travel have y'all playing like your jet lagged . . . . .04-cheers

More like bus lagged lol. I did pretty much that same drive in August (Blanco to Monroe), it’s LONG.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - slycat - 10-08-2019 07:25 AM

TXST needs this win for the season but ULM is a better team then their record reflects mostly because they played a lot of tough games they weren't expected to win. If TXST loses our fan board will act like the staff needs to be fired and that we would ahve won if a different QB played. And if TXST wins our fan board will say it was luck and that a different QB should have started. Basically the new forum is becoming awful/predicable to read.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - ULMhawk - 10-08-2019 08:18 AM

ULM after a highly emotional game, having to hit the road on a few days rest. This is going to be tough. Havent had a chance to see Texas St much this year. Anything special on either side of the ball to prepare for? With a short week seems like a more vanilla game plan may be in the works for ULM on both sides of the ball.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - slycat - 10-08-2019 09:00 AM

(10-08-2019 08:18 AM)ULMhawk Wrote:  ULM after a highly emotional game, having to hit the road on a few days rest. This is going to be tough. Havent had a chance to see Texas St much this year. Anything special on either side of the ball to prepare for? With a short week seems like a more vanilla game plan may be in the works for ULM on both sides of the ball.

TXST has a good defense. The offense is pretty vanilla. The o-line is a weakness so they give up sacks and rush the QB into throws. The RBs have been huge or non-existent. Depending which running game shows up could be a key difference. The key to beating TXST is get three and outs and then get their defense tired by having them on the field a lot.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - HPCAT - 10-08-2019 09:43 AM

TXST special teams have actually made some big plays recently and at this point would not be considered bad by any means.

Big fumble recovery for TD against GSU and blocked punt against Nicholls, plus we are making field goals again for a change.

Punting needs improvement, but also getting touchbacks on kickoffs consistently which has not happened in the past.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - _x_ - 10-08-2019 10:44 AM

(10-08-2019 07:25 AM)slycat Wrote:  TXST needs this win for the season but ULM is a better team then their record reflects mostly because they played a lot of tough games they weren't expected to win. If TXST loses our fan board will act like the staff needs to be fired and that we would ahve won if a different QB played. And if TXST wins our fan board will say it was luck and that a different QB should have started. Basically the new forum is becoming awful/predicable to read.

Its just turning into Bobcatfans. Which was probably inevitable...

I'm posting far less on the football forum over there. I know better than to get into arguing with a wall with taxman.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - _x_ - 10-08-2019 10:48 AM

(10-08-2019 09:43 AM)HPCAT Wrote:  TXST special teams have actually made some big plays recently and at this point would not be considered bad by any means.

Big fumble recovery for TD against GSU and blocked punt against Nicholls, plus we are making field goals again for a change.

Punting needs improvement, but also getting touchbacks on kickoffs consistently which has not happened in the past.

Yeah agreed. Rowland isn't gonna be kicking on Sundays or anything but he's a definite upgrade vs. what we had kicking last year. We hadn't made a FG in some absurd amount of games (like 10 or something) before Rowland's first made kick this year. 5/8 isn't great, but at least we can put 3 points on the board from time to time. Plus he hasn't missed an XP yet I don't think (knocks on wood) and we missed like 4 last year.

O'Kelly is slowly improving as a punter. I think he's been in the country for like 2 months now. He's learning the game as he goes it sounds like.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - slycat - 10-08-2019 11:20 AM

(10-08-2019 10:44 AM)_x_ Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 07:25 AM)slycat Wrote:  TXST needs this win for the season but ULM is a better team then their record reflects mostly because they played a lot of tough games they weren't expected to win. If TXST loses our fan board will act like the staff needs to be fired and that we would ahve won if a different QB played. And if TXST wins our fan board will say it was luck and that a different QB should have started. Basically the new forum is becoming awful/predicable to read.

I'm posting far less on the football forum over there. I know better than to get into arguing with a wall with taxman.

It was a great site until he finally gave up on BFs. I'd put him on ignore but he derails every thread. I have got to stop engaging him myself and I can enjoy the site more.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - TXSTRiverBobcat - 10-09-2019 02:23 PM

(10-08-2019 11:20 AM)slycat Wrote:  
(10-08-2019 10:44 AM)_x_ Wrote:  

It was a great site until he finally gave up on BFs. I'd put him on ignore but he derails every thread. I have got to stop engaging him myself and I can enjoy the site more.
I was going to say. It's really just one poster.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - TXSTRiverBobcat - 10-09-2019 02:31 PM

This game basically decides the season for us. Either we're still in contention after this one, or our season is as good as over. We need this one bad!

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - Yosef Himself - 10-10-2019 10:39 AM

This game has big SBC-West implications. It's a must watch for me.

RE: Game Thread - ULM @ Texas State - Thursday, October 10th - ESPNU - debragga - 10-10-2019 11:06 AM

(10-09-2019 02:31 PM)TXSTRiverBobcat Wrote:  This game basically decides the season for us. Either we're still in contention after this one, or our season is as good as over. We need this one bad!

Same here actually