CSNbbs
QB Question - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt West Team Talk (/forum-290.html)
+----- Forum: Southern Miss (/forum-447.html)
+----- Thread: QB Question (/thread-883942.html)

QB Question - va-eagle - 09-30-2019 12:00 PM

I know we haven't had many opportunities to get backup QBs on the field, but I found it interesting in the UTEP game that Chandler Rogers came in on 2 QB run plays and not Tate Whatley. Only time I recall Whatley playing is a couple plays against Alcorn.

I've also hoped to see Jaden Johnson get on the field for a few series to see how he looks.

Did Hop make a statement in his presser why Chandler came in the game and not Whatley?

RE: QB Question - SouthernMiss3613 - 09-30-2019 12:28 PM

Probably trying to redshirt Whatley. I think we will see all 4 of the QBs at some point this season. Each of the 3 that haven't redshirted can play in 4 games and still preserve a redshirt for this year, but I would think Whatley would take over if Jack ever got knocked out of a game this year and the game was still winnable. They are saving Whatley's other 3 games for games that really matter.

RE: QB Question - Eagleaidaholic - 09-30-2019 03:39 PM

(09-30-2019 12:28 PM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Probably trying to redshirt Whatley. I think we will see all 4 of the QBs at some point this season. Each of the 3 that haven't redshirted can play in 4 games and still preserve a redshirt for this year, but I would think Whatley would take over if Jack ever got knocked out of a game this year and the game was still winnable. They are saving Whatleys's other 3 games for games that really matter.

Huh? Pretty sure it means the FIRST 4 games of the season.

RE: QB Question - SouthernMiss3613 - 09-30-2019 04:47 PM

No, I am positive it is any 4 games not just the first 4. I followed it closely last year to see how it all worked.

RE: QB Question - Eagleholic - 09-30-2019 05:35 PM

(09-30-2019 04:47 PM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  No, I am positive it is any 4 games not just the first 4. I followed it closely last year to see how it all worked.

This is correct. This is the 2nd year the rule has been in place.

RE: QB Question - va-eagle - 09-30-2019 08:59 PM

(09-30-2019 12:28 PM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Probably trying to redshirt Whatley. I think we will see all 4 of the QBs at some point this season. Each of the 3 that haven't redshirted can play in 4 games and still preserve a redshirt for this year, but I would think Whatley would take over if Jack ever got knocked out of a game this year and the game was still winnable. They are saving Whatleys's other 3 games for games that really matter.

I can see that.

Guess I was hoping to see Jaden come in early and show out.

RE: QB Question - SouthernMiss3613 - 09-30-2019 09:07 PM

(09-30-2019 08:59 PM)va-eagle Wrote:  
(09-30-2019 12:28 PM)SouthernMiss3613 Wrote:  Probably trying to redshirt Whatley. I think we will see all 4 of the QBs at some point this season. Each of the 3 that haven't redshirted can play in 4 games and still preserve a redshirt for this year, but I would think Whatley would take over if Jack ever got knocked out of a game this year and the game was still winnable. They are saving Whatley's other 3 games for games that really matter.

I can see that.

Guess I was hoping to see Jaden come in early and show out.

Me too. I think Chandler or Jaden are the future after Jack. Whatley seems like he could be better used at another position. Hopefully, we get to see all of them play against UTSA.