CSNbbs
Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois (/forum-468.html)
+----- Thread: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled (/thread-883898.html)

Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - acolbert - 09-29-2019 09:31 PM

Head Coach Mike Leach press conference after Utah loss.

On how he evaluated his team’s performance –

“It’s difficult to say because you saw a pretty tough football team play a pretty soft football team. And it’s difficult to say how tough Utah is because they had token resistance on both sides of the ball from us. We’re very soft. We get a lot of good press, we like to read it a lot. We like to pat ourselves on the back. But if we get any kind of resistance, we fold. What’s amazing about this is most of these guys were on this team last year and that was a tough team. Last year’s team was a tough team for us. Then all of the sudden they’re not tough. We’re fat, dumb and happy and entitled.”

On if his team is lacking some of the leadership it had last year –

“I don’t know if it’s that. I think it’s more individual than that. We’ve got a bunch of free agents running around that think they’re pretty special. And as soon as something doesn’t go their way they want to pout. I think it’s more collectively soft.”

On how difficult it is to turn this into a tough team –

“I think that at some point they have to embrace the effort themselves. I think they have to look at themselves. What somebody is or who somebody is, is what they think about when nobody is around. And whatever we’re doing with that right now is no good.”

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - Big_Man - 09-29-2019 09:49 PM

(09-29-2019 09:31 PM)acolbert Wrote:  Head Coach Mike Leach press conference after Utah loss.

On how he evaluated his team’s performance –

“It’s difficult to say because you saw a pretty tough football team play a pretty soft football team. And it’s difficult to say how tough Utah is because they had token resistance on both sides of the ball from us. We’re very soft. We get a lot of good press, we like to read it a lot. We like to pat ourselves on the back. But if we get any kind of resistance, we fold. What’s amazing about this is most of these guys were on this team last year and that was a tough team. Last year’s team was a tough team for us. Then all of the sudden they’re not tough. We’re fat, dumb and happy and entitled.”

On if his team is lacking some of the leadership it had last year –

“I don’t know if it’s that. I think it’s more individual than that. We’ve got a bunch of free agents running around that think they’re pretty special. And as soon as something doesn’t go their way they want to pout. I think it’s more collectively soft.”

On how difficult it is to turn this into a tough team –

“I think that at some point they have to embrace the effort themselves. I think they have to look at themselves. What somebody is or who somebody is, is what they think about when nobody is around. And whatever we’re doing with that right now is no good.”

What's the problem? Seems like common language used by many public officials these days when they are unhappy with others.

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - NorthCoast - 09-29-2019 11:05 PM

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - klake87 - 09-30-2019 04:24 AM

You say this in private. Make them run wind sprints. Players could tune him out

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - JB04 - 09-30-2019 06:57 AM

The players know how their coach is. He’s the guy who threw the kid in a closet for missing practice because of a concussion or something like that. I think they take comments like this with a grain of salt and a chuckle

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - bikechuck - 09-30-2019 10:48 AM

I have zero respect for a coach that thinks this is a good way to motivate young people. Doesn't work well in the NFL either. Do kids need a kick in the ass occasionally? Yes but don't go this negative and do it in the locker room.

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - cubucks - 09-30-2019 11:26 AM

Using "we're" rather than "they're" makes this perfectly fine. I'm actually ok with it either way, but I'm sure some hate it.

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - NIU007 - 10-01-2019 10:33 AM

This was over the top in ripping the players.

RE: Mike Leach calling his WSU team - fat, dumb, happy and entitled - randyfensfanclub1 - 10-01-2019 10:42 AM

Just a blowhard jacka$$ funnyman whose main pitch is himself being the main show.

More or a sideshow.