CSNbbs
Spider Man is officially back in the MCU! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Sports Bar (/forum-531.html)
+---- Thread: Spider Man is officially back in the MCU! (/thread-883728.html)

Spider Man is officially back in the MCU! - HiddenDragon - 09-27-2019 01:54 PM

Great news for all parties involved and especially the fans.

Spidey back in MCU

RE: Spider Man is officially back in the MCU! - gdunn - 09-30-2019 07:48 AM

I didn't click your link, but it's one movie but he can be in other MCU movies..

Honestly this is great and it'll allow them to wrap up what happened at the end of FFH... Maybe something else will happen and Sony will eventually give them the rights, doubt it because they're making out like a bandit on this deal and the previous deal.

RE: Spider Man is officially back in the MCU! - HiddenDragon - 10-01-2019 09:42 AM

(09-30-2019 07:48 AM)gdunn Wrote:  I didn't click your link, but it's one movie but he can be in other MCU movies..

Honestly this is great and it'll allow them to wrap up what happened at the end of FFH... Maybe something else will happen and Sony will eventually give them the rights, doubt it because they're making out like a bandit on this deal and the previous deal.

Technically, it's one Spidey movie and one MCU movie. Speculation is he will not appear in a MCU movie until 2022 or 2023. I agree with you that Marvel will probably finish the current arc with the next Spidey movie and send him off to the sunset in his final MCU movie appearance.

Tom Holland contract will be finished because he is contracted for two more Spidey movies. I think Marvel/Disney will be content to sit back and see what Sony does with Spidey going forward. Will Tom sign a new contract or will he be ready to move on from comic book movies? Will people accept Spidey not being part of the MCU? Can a Spidey-Verse exist without any connection to the MCU?

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out but I suspect we'll see Spidey at Sony for at least the next 10 years.