CSNbbs
Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Conference Talk (/forum-351.html)
+---- Thread: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions (/thread-883532.html)

Pages: 1 2

Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - EvilVodka - 09-24-2019 01:16 PM

Wake Forest should be in the Coastal and bring Miami to the Atlantic

That would make more sense

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - msm96wolf - 09-24-2019 01:26 PM

Won't happen, that would leave NCSU only one iNC school in the Atlantic. I do think UVA or VT move to the Atlantic and Louisville or BC to the Coastal would make more sense. I am actually hoping Divsionless passes after this football season.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - EvilVodka - 09-24-2019 01:35 PM

(09-24-2019 01:26 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Won't happen, that would leave NCSU only one iNC school in the Atlantic. I do think UVA or VT move to the Atlantic and Louisville or BC to the Coastal would make more sense. I am actually hoping Divsionless passes after this football season.

Why does NC State need another North Carolina school in the same division? Won't you playing NC schools Cross Divisional anyways?

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - ChrisLords - 09-24-2019 01:47 PM

(09-24-2019 01:16 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  Wake Forest should be in the Coastal and bring Miami to the Atlantic

That would make more sense

That would leave the Coastal teams without a Florida trip every other year for recruiting. That's not going to happen.

Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Lenvillecards - 09-24-2019 05:39 PM

Only divisional change that I would like to see would be to switch crossovers between Louisville, BC, VT & Virginia. Other than that I would prefer to drop divisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - msm96wolf - 09-24-2019 05:43 PM

(09-24-2019 01:35 PM)EvilVodka Wrote:  
(09-24-2019 01:26 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  Won't happen, that would leave NCSU only one iNC school in the Atlantic. I do think UVA or VT move to the Atlantic and Louisville or BC to the Coastal would make more sense. I am actually hoping Divsionless passes after this football season.

Why does NC State need another North Carolina school in the same division? Won't you playing NC schools Cross Divisional anyways?

Right now NCSU plays Duke twice every twelve years, that would go for Wake as well. Never made sense to put both VAs schools in the same division.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - IHAVETRIED - 09-25-2019 09:05 AM

(09-24-2019 05:43 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Right now NCSU plays Duke twice every twelve years, that would go for Wake as well. Never made sense to put both VAs schools in the same division.

Divisionless is best. Fixes so many problems.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - msm96wolf - 09-25-2019 09:20 AM

(09-25-2019 09:05 AM)IHAVETRIED Wrote:  
(09-24-2019 05:43 PM)msm96wolf Wrote:  

Divisionless is best. Fixes so many problems.

I totally agree

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Garrettabc - 09-25-2019 09:34 AM

The divisions seemed well thought out originally, but when the second wave of BE defectors came the ACC seemed to have gotten lazy, almost like the AD meeting was in a rush to get to their golf game. The divisions as is just ok, but it could be a little better with a switch with SU and Pitt with cross division games with SU vs BC and Pitt vs VT. This minor change would create several better regular season games as well as boost fan interest for a short while for SU and Pitt for getting a new set of conference opponents.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Hokie Mark - 09-25-2019 12:23 PM

(09-25-2019 09:34 AM)Garrettabc Wrote:  The divisions seemed well thought out originally, but when the second wave of BE defectors came the ACC seemed to have gotten lazy, almost like the AD meeting was in a rush to get to their golf game. The divisions as is just ok, but it could be a little better with a switch with SU and Pitt with cross division games with SU vs BC and Pitt vs VT. This minor change would create several better regular season games as well as boost fan interest for a short while for SU and Pitt for getting a new set of conference opponents.

The problem as I see it is the Coastal Division tried to be the "snooty academics division". Think about it - every school in that division thinks of itself as having high academic standards (even if it isn't always true).

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 09-25-2019 07:33 PM

As a Pitt fan, I’m sorry but I wouldn’t want to change divisions. I actually really like our division.

Virginia Tech is probably the closest thing we will ever have in the ACC to a real rivalry, so I don’t want to lose that.

South Florida is important to us from a recruiting standpoint, so I don’t want to lose Miami either.

Georgia Tech is our southern doppelgänger (so many parallels), so I don’t want to lose them. Also, Georgia recruiting is also attractive.

Charlottesville is a wonderful trip and an easy drive from Pittsburgh, so I don’t want to lose that.

North Carolina and Duke are as ACC is it gets, so I don’t want to lose them either.

Our annual crossover, Syracuse is not really a rivalry in the strictest sense, but it is a long-standing series in a league with precious few of them (for us), and I’d hate to lose that as well. Hell, half the league still calls us “Pittsburgh“ — a dead giveaway that you don’t know us.

Honestly, I would hate to have to give up any of those games. I don’t really see the upside in it for us...

...with one caveat.

IF....Notre Dame were to ever do decide to join the league full-time and the ACC wanted to make it a north-south type of thing to make it work, I would grudgingly accept the deal...provided we also get Miami. Otherwise, take a hike.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 09-25-2019 07:39 PM

The only other scenario that would even be mildly attractive would be the so called “donut configuration.”

That would put Pitt in a division with Boston College, Syracuse, Louisville, Georgia Tech, Miami and Florida State.

The other division, of course would be composed of the traditional ACC schools: Duke, North Carolina, NC State, Wake Forest, Virginia, Clemson and relative newcomer, Virginia Tech.

Then, we could play Virginia Tech as our annual crossover game.

However, I can’t imagine many other schools would ever go for that.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Garrettabc - 09-26-2019 06:22 AM

Under my proposal Pitt would play VT as an annual crossover, but your other concerns are still valid.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Dr. Isaly von Yinzer - 09-28-2019 09:35 AM

Yeah, and don’t get me wrong, playing Florida State and Clemson annually would be very attractive. However, I’m still not sure if it’s worth it for us. I really like playing games in Atlanta and Miami every other year for recruitment purposes.

This is not a ridiculous proposal or anything like that. I’ve seen some stuff on here where I’ve been like, “Yeah, right! Who the hell is ever going to agree to that?” This is nothing like that. I just still think from our perspective that it is a small step backwards from what we currently have.

As far as I’m concerned, Pitt has already made a pretty big scheduling concession to the ACC when it agreed to give up its annual game versus Notre Dame for the good of the conference so that everyone could play them.

I think it’s someone else’s turn.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Statefan - 09-28-2019 10:48 AM

By someone else you mean UNC or Duke? Good luck with that.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - zibby - 10-01-2019 09:43 AM

Original 6 + GT
FSU + Ex-Big East

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Hokie Mark - 10-01-2019 10:27 AM

(10-01-2019 09:43 AM)zibby Wrote:  Original 6 + GT
FSU + Ex-Big East

As a VT fan, I have no problem with this - a trip to Florida every year, and most years still get to visit N Carolina thanks to having 4 teams there.
07-coffee3

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Garrettabc - 10-01-2019 11:30 AM

(10-01-2019 09:43 AM)zibby Wrote:  Original 6 + GT
FSU + Ex-Big East

My only concession is we get a Big East officiating crew, the ACC refs are still horrible and have a clear anti-FSU bias.

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - XLance - 10-01-2019 11:57 AM

(09-25-2019 12:23 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  
(09-25-2019 09:34 AM)Garrettabc Wrote:  The divisions seemed well thought out originally, but when the second wave of BE defectors came the ACC seemed to have gotten lazy, almost like the AD meeting was in a rush to get to their golf game. The divisions as is just ok, but it could be a little better with a switch with SU and Pitt with cross division games with SU vs BC and Pitt vs VT. This minor change would create several better regular season games as well as boost fan interest for a short while for SU and Pitt for getting a new set of conference opponents.

The problem as I see it is the Coastal Division tried to be the "snooty academics division". Think about it - every school in that division thinks of itself as having high academic standards (even if it isn't always true).

Yes, we did make allowances for Virginia Tech.

03-shhhh

RE: Switch Miami and Wake Forest in divisions - Hokie Mark - 10-01-2019 02:42 PM

(10-01-2019 11:57 AM)XLance Wrote:  
(09-25-2019 12:23 PM)Hokie Mark Wrote:  

Yes, we did make allowances for Virginia Tech.

03-shhhh

True... so there is ONE Coastal school with ACTUAL high academic standards.
07-coffee3