CSNbbs
around the conference . . . week 4 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: MemphisTigers.org (/forum-446.html)
+------ Forum: Dockery-Finch Memorial Tiger Sports Forum (/forum-499.html)
+------ Thread: around the conference . . . week 4 (/thread-883249.html)

around the conference . . . week 4 - Herff Tiger - 09-21-2019 09:52 AM

Memphis 3-0 . . . eating barbecue

Navy 2-0 / 1-0 . . . shore leave

Southern Methodist 3-0
@ #25 Texas Christian (BigXII) 2-0

31 Houston 1-3 / 0-1
38 @ Tulane 3-1 / 1-0

Tulsa 1-2
vs. Wyoming (MWC) 3-0

#15 Central Florida 3-0
@ Pittsburgh (ACC) 1-2

Temple 2-0
@ Buffalo (MAC) 1-2

Cincinnati 2-1 . . . in the woods searching for a bearcat and Bigfoot

Connecticut 1-1
@ Indiana (Big10) 2-1

East Carolina 1-2 / 0-1
vs. William & Mary (FCS Colonial) 1-2

South Florida 1-2 . . . at the rodeo

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - thagr82008 - 09-21-2019 10:00 AM

Gr8 report
+3

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Herff Tiger - 09-21-2019 04:13 PM

(09-21-2019 09:52 AM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  Memphis 3-0 . . . eating barbecue

Navy 2-0 / 1-0 . . . shore leave

41 Southern Methodist 4-0
38 @ #25 Texas Christian (BigXII) 2-1

31 Houston 1-3 / 0-1
38 @ Tulane 3-1 / 1-0

24 Tulsa 2-2
21 vs. Wyoming (MWC) 3-1

34 #15 Central Florida 3-1
35 @ Pittsburgh (ACC) 2-2

22 Temple 2-1
38 @ Buffalo (MAC) 2-2

Cincinnati 2-1 . . . in the woods searching for a bearcat and Bigfoot

3 Connecticut 1-2
38 @ Indiana (Big10) 3-1

19 East Carolina 2-2 / 0-1
7 vs. William & Mary (FCS Colonial) 1-3

South Florida 1-2 . . . at the rodeo

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - shirley temple - 09-21-2019 07:02 PM

Just FYI; Miami hurricanes coach to open post game presser said, quote “ their quarterback, he’s a dude!” Referring to David Moore of central Michigan ( former tiger). Good to see former tigers getting some love!

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - geosnooker2000 - 09-21-2019 07:12 PM

Central and Temple not doing us any favors today, and looks like ECU is at risk to drop one to a DII school. East is sucking today.

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Herff Tiger - 09-21-2019 09:20 PM

Yeah, Temple losing to Buffalo by 3 scores totally erases any mojo from beating Maryland last week.

Central Florida could/should have won, I guess from what I heard. I didn't see it, but the talking heads said they went for a 4th down instead of kicking a FG at one point, then ended up ahead by 6 at the end and allowing Pitt to take the lead by 1 with a TD & PAT. I saw that last drive and they looked gassed. Maybe it was all adrenaline and momentum for Pitt.

Wyoming had beaten Missouri in Columbia to open the season, so I was figuring they would clobber Tulsa. Not so fast! The Golden Hurricane with a decent win for the conference.

SMU had a strong win at TCU. Connecticut was routed by freakin' Indiana, so that's certainly a knock against the conference.

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Keeper - 09-21-2019 11:12 PM

(09-21-2019 09:20 PM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  Yeah, Temple losing to Buffalo by 3 scores totally erases any mojo from beating Maryland last week.

Central Florida could/should have won, I guess from what I heard. I didn't see it, but the talking heads said they went for a 4th down instead of kicking a FG at one point, then ended up ahead by 6 at the end and allowing Pitt to take the lead by 1 with a TD & PAT. I saw that last drive and they looked gassed. Maybe it was all adrenaline and momentum for Pitt.

Wyoming had beaten Missouri in Columbia to open the season, so I was figuring they would clobber Tulsa. Not so fast! The Golden Hurricane with a decent win for the conference.

SMU had a strong win at TCU. Connecticut was routed by freakin' Indiana, so that's certainly a knock against the conference.

you forget UConn has already admitted they can't compete in the conference so they just don't matter.

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - AlonsoWDC - 09-22-2019 08:29 PM

(09-21-2019 07:12 PM)geosnooker2000 Wrote:  Central and Temple not doing us any favors today, and looks like ECU is at risk to drop one to a DII school.

Hmm?

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Tigx - 09-22-2019 09:19 PM

(09-21-2019 09:20 PM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  Yeah, Temple losing to Buffalo by 3 scores totally erases any mojo from beating Maryland last week.

The Missouri - Wyoming game was in Laramie.

Re UCF, who knows? They were behind by 21 points in the 1st half. Stormed back to go ahead by 10. Then Pitt rallied. Crazy game.

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Herff Tiger - 09-22-2019 10:03 PM

(09-22-2019 09:19 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Re UCF, who knows? They were behind by 21 points in the 1st half. Stormed back to go ahead by 10. Then Pitt rallied. Crazy game.

Oops. I was thinking I saw it listed as :

Wyoming _
Missouri _

when they showed the score, and the home team is usually on bottom. Plus I didn't expect Missouri to go to Laramie.

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Tigx - 09-22-2019 10:10 PM

(09-22-2019 10:03 PM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  
(09-22-2019 09:19 PM)Tigx Wrote:  

Oops. I was thinking I saw it listed as :

Wyoming _
Missouri _

when they showed the score, and the home team is usually on bottom. Plus I didn't expect Missouri to go to Laramie.

no problem. i just remembered watching the game late at night. missouri was driving with a chance to win, got inside the wyoming 25 in the last minute, but couldn't convert on a 4th down.

RE: around the conference . . . week 4 - Mimi - 09-22-2019 10:18 PM

Missouri is pretty good, just happened to lose a road game at a weird location. Nice school, nice campus but difficult travel and timing

They are likely 3d best in the SEC East behind Florida and Georgia. Sure they could end up losing to SC, KY or even Tennessee but simply speaking they are solid